Assessing Quote on 100 Sqm of Brick Walls (4m Tall)

ElephantEgo

If it helps you, I can look up my quotation for small indoor AAC (white big "bricks") wall.

In general, I like to give you the following advice: Make sure you specify that the walls must be flat and plumb and the corners 90 degrees, and maybe an acceptable margin of error.

It sees if it looks straight is good enough for many Thais. But if you want to install straight and right-angle furniture then not so straight walls are headache. Don't ask me how I know ...

plumb-wall-e1547670398247.jpg

• Haha 1

@OneMoreFarangGood point about the 90 degrees!

By the way, the AAC is also known here, I believe, as Qcon. I've come to see that the 7.5 cm ones are available and the 10 cm ones are currently scarce/expensive.

Overall the more normal type of cinder block bricks it seems, are 10-15% less pricey than the 7.5 CM AAC.

So I think I will go with the cheaper brick option. I realize it has a bit less insulation value which is the main drawback?

Edited by ElephantEgo

22 minutes ago, ElephantEgo said:

@OneMoreFarangGood point about the 90 degrees!

By the way, the AAC is also known here, I believe, as Qcon. I've come to see that the 7.5 cm ones are available and the 10 cm ones are currently scarce/expensive.

Overall the more normal type of cinder block bricks it seems, are 10-15% less pricey than the 7.5 CM AAC.

So I think I will go with the cheaper brick option. I realize it has a bit less insulation value which is the main drawback?

I call them the white blocks, I don't remember how Thais call them.

There are a couple of reason why I like the white blocks more (for indoor use, not load bearing): 

They are straight blocks with right angles, and it is easier to create straight walls (see above).

The are light (to transport).

It's easy to drill holes into them.

What I don't like about red bricks is that they have big holes inside. And if you drill a hole into these bricks then likely you drill through maybe 2cm brick, and then there is a hole. That is a real headache to mount things on those walls which need support like for a sink, kitchen cabinets, hood, etc.

That is just my DIY experience with other people creating the walls and me drilling holes into those walls. 

12 minutes ago, ElephantEgo said:

@OneMoreFarang How about cinder block types of bricks? Any thoughts on those type?

No idea.

Just in general I prefer solid bricks or blocks for the reasons described above with drilling holes. But this is just my personal experience with my own walls. I never worked in that industry and never discussed the differences with any professional.