Social insurance in Thailand

Celsius

7 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

dont stop paying. once you are out of the system only way to get back in is to work and start contributing once again. of course she will get a pension, but only based on what she paid. her medical protection will be void.

She told me if she continues contributing while not working her pension will be significantly lower. This was also conformed by several members here. As for the medical she has private and life insurance insurance that she been paying for almost 20 years and will continue to pay.

Edited by Celsius

1 hour ago, Celsius said:

She told me if she continues contributing while not working her pension will be significantly lower. This was also conformed by several members here. As for the medical she has private and life insurance insurance that she been paying for almost 20 years and will continue to pay.

most members here dont have it ergo know nothing about it. 

significantly lower? 5000bht a mnth rather than 5500?

if you really worry about it go to your local office. 

you have to pay a minimum of 20 yrs (i think) to be eligible. 

when you know the real details and not details from bar stool lawyers let me know

2 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

most members here dont have it ergo know nothing about it. 

significantly lower? 5000bht a mnth rather than 5500?

if you really worry about it go to your local office. 

you have to pay a minimum of 20 yrs (i think) to be eligible. 

when you know the real details and not details from bar stool lawyers let me know

My wife told me all the details after she went to social insurance office. Someone here confirmed word for word what she has been told. Anyway, she has been paying maximum contributions for over 15 years and she will get nothing close to 5000b a month. More like 3000. If she continues paying while being unemployed she will receive significantly less.

Edited by Celsius

1 minute ago, Celsius said:

My wife told me all the details after she went to social insurance office. Someone here confirmed word for word what she has been told. Anyway, she has been paying maximum contributions for over 15 years and she will get nothing close to 5000b a month. More like 3000. If she continues paying while being unemployed she will receive significantly less.

1506 is hotline # ... go read this thread... i am reading now

1 hour ago, Pouatchee said:

dont stop paying. once you are out of the system only way to get back in is to work and start contributing once again. of course she will get a pension, but only based on what she paid. her medical protection will be void.

no do not pay if you have contributed over 15 years, and especially in this case she is a Thai national entitled to universal healthcare, unless they can find a good reason to be on Social Service after leaving work

• Like 1

2 hours ago, digbeth said:

you just pay extra to the hospital, the special private rooms can be full depending on the hospital though, I don't think better foods are available anywhere

Luckily my SS registered hospital is Private, not Goverment.

Tried the food but did not rate it, Had my missus cook for me (breakfast/lunch/dinner) and bring in everyday.

Room was great though over looking the ocean, came with oversized hospital bed/separate lounge/kitchen/bathroom/etc etc.

23 minutes ago, Celsius said:

I chose the lump sum after paying in 13 years. It was actually more but the other years seem to have got lost. 

I think I made the right choice as the 160k baht I received got me 1 Bitcoin which is now worth about 5 times more.

21 minutes ago, digbeth said:

no do not pay if you have contributed over 15 years, and especially in this case she is a Thai national entitled to universal healthcare, unless they can find a good reason to be on Social Service after leaving work

Free medical is a likely good reason to continue SS contributions.

37 minutes ago, digbeth said:

With SS, I can get yearly health checks, which I believe can't get under universal(formerly 30 baht) scheme.

If I keep SS, my family can get money when I die.

Also, I can choose my hospital.

Edited by Neeranam

41 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

With SS, I can get yearly health checks, which I believe can't get under universal(formerly 30 baht) scheme.

If I keep SS, my family can get money when I die.

Also, I can choose my hospital.

that's some good points, 

to get checks on universal you have to be of correct age and goes through endless grilling before they give you test

choosing hospital is important too, if you live in some area where government hospital is not so good or forces you to go to your local clinic first 

but you don't need to continue on section 39 for your family to receive your pension money and funeral assistance right? 

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a time limit to apply for unemployment benefits?

I just found out she did not apply for the 3 months she wasn't working which was over 6 months ago.

I think it is 30 days, right?

Edited by Celsius

On 10/5/2023 at 3:35 PM, Celsius said:

Is there a time limit to apply for unemployment benefits?

I just found out she did not apply for the 3 months she wasn't working which was over 6 months ago.

I think it is 30 days, right?

yes - if one is caliming the benefits you need to able to take any job they offer you.....

• 2 months later...
On 9/24/2023 at 8:05 AM, digbeth said:

the combined life/health with saving element usually don't cover outpatient treatment, leading to unnecessary hospital stay in order to qualify

there's plenty of the separate health only options that covers outpatient treatment too, usually bundled with accident covers, but often limited to set amount per visit, usually a few thousands baht, anything more you either pay out of pocket or ask to be admitted in order to use the life insurance 

For section 39 retired and continuing Injury and Sickness benefits, paying direct to SSO monthly by bank, am I covered for complete MRI scan (if ordered by a hospital dr. of course)?