Reality vs Youtube vs Mainstream media

bignok

Just now, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Youtube has all sorts. Probably the pretty upbeat videos get the most views. I recall Paddy getting pretty cynical as he went through Issan feeling it was the same thing over and again. Make a video saying how much it sucks. See what happens.  

Isaan on a scooter is daft. Too spread out. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bignok said:

I watched youtube videos on Phayao and Lampang. Wow amazing and cool they said. Went there and most streets are a rubbish tip. Next to nothing to do. Phayao lake is not romantic. Its a crappy lake. They had a boat ride to a "temple" that was barely anything. Went to the famous temple in Lampang. Saw 2 farangs, nobody using the horse carts. No grab nearby. Had to hire a 3 wheeler booked via a restaurant.

Mainstream media - currency plumments. Look it up 0.6%.

The real world is nothing like the media.

You don't say! lol ???? 

7 hours ago, bignok said:

I saw that story. Looks a one off. They lined up a bus trip.

That might have been a good day with a tour group while other days might be very slow but … the fact that they still operate says there is enough to sustain the business idea. In my home country, I would not be surprised if tourism authorities were not supplementing.

Reality. Whatever that is. 

Reality could easily be akin to the creation of Som Tum. 

For everyone that makes a Som Tum, there's a different way of making it. 

An infinite number of realities guarantees there's no singular standard for what passes as a reality. 

No such entity as an absolute. 

....with the exception if one is deeply conditioned and indoctrinated to reason that there is one defined reality - you've lost already and cannot recover. From simple observations, more commonplace than not [especially amongst this platform]. 

Persuasive dumbing down is a prime tenet.

3 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Reality. Whatever that is. 

Reality could easily be akin to the creation of Som Tum. 

For everyone that makes a Som Tum, there's a different way of making it. 

An infinite number of realities guarantees there's no singular standard for what passes as a reality. 

No such entity as an absolute. 

....with the exception if one is deeply conditioned and indoctrinated to reason that there is one defined reality - you've lost already and cannot recover. From simple observations, more commonplace than not [especially amongst this platform]. 

Persuasive dumbing down is a prime tenet.

Reality is both good and bad. News or youtubers cherry pick. Its dishonest.