It’s time for US to do more business in Thailand : Thai PM

snoop1130

29 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Yes. Why would US firms come to Thailand, where Chinese businesses are given a preference and Chinese nationals are allowed to flood the work environment while effectively ignoring the restrictions put on Western companies and their employees?

You think that no bribes are given in Europe, on purchase of military gear amongst NATO member nations who are politely and implicitly required to purchase a quota of US weaponery ? There were quite a few scandals involving some top ranking ministers in Germany on the issue in the past...

• Like 1

I would think twice before putting my marbles in any US venture, after all the financial downfalls, scandals of the past and future.

The Wall Street and Senate goons will just never learn. Far safer for Thailand to initiate partership with closer superpowers like India, China and Japan or even Russia why not.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, jcmj said:

Why would anyone want to invest in a country that hates foreigners and treats them like 3rd class citizens. If the US treated the Thais like they treat us here, they would be up in arms. Same, same, but different. 

i think humain nature being maybe a bit masochistic, closes an eye on such facts that are pertinent and relevant.

In fact most of us ranting here,  neverthelss regularly go back to Thailand or are staying on due to other obligations.

Amazing Thailand.  The party that won the election are the the only ones not to get a spot at the trough.

Who the f**K would want to invest in a country were government is comprised of a 14 party coalition.

Pakistan is an abhorent politically unstable sh**thole.  But next to Thailand it now looks like Norway.

Businesses will invest for the cheap labor, mid level chips are made in Thailand also. 

In this political climate I doubt the US would let any high tech research or manufacturing go on in big "T". 

Or anything that would help China, and we all know how Thailand feels about it's brothers in arms.

In the current times just exploit it to the nth degree. If you cannot get favorable terms just bypass. Which is what most companies will do.