PM admits political divide in Thailand is difficult to tackle

webfact

22 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin told Thai people living in the United States that the country’s political conflict is a matter of serious concern which is difficult and may take time to resolve.

He added, however, that his government has been working hard to reinvigorate the sluggish Thai economy, while taking care to improve people’s livelihoods through the implementation of the “digital wallet” scheme, 3-year debt moratoria for farmers and energy price cuts.

On tourism, the prime minister cited the Cabinet’s recent visa exemption for tourists from China and Kazakhstan as a short-term measure to help the economy, adding that the government will continue to boost domestic tourism with additional measures.

Full story: Thai PBS 2023-09-22

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

You do realize that these grip and grins in outside countries are put together by the embassy who only make sure the right people are there.  

• Thumbs Up 1

How can he determine that something is 

22 hours ago, webfact said:

difficult and may take time to resolve

without even trying, or proposing potential solutions.

All he does is mouth platitudes.

Meanwhile the Emergency Decree in the South has been extended for a Sixty-Fifth (65th) time. Bringing you peace since 2005.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, webfact said:

while taking care to improve people’s livelihoods through the implementation of the “digital wallet” scheme

What happens if village stores sign up for this wallet idea, give out the goods, accept the digital payment, and then the government fails to reimburse 6 months later as promised because, well, you know,  no money and they've already established the fact that you shouldn't trust their word or their promises?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/22/2023 at 1:15 PM, webfact said:

Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin told Thai people living in the United States that the country’s political conflict is a matter of serious concern which is difficult and may take time to resolve.

Maybe he could make a first step by not fueling the political divide even further. Bringing Thaksin home and giving him a helicopter ride to hospital wasn't exactly a great start.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Will PM Srettha visit the LM "lese-majeste exhibition while in New York to pay tribute to all the Thai citizens that have been incarcerated?  Many without bail and some due to political weaponization of this law.

It was good to see his Majesty's son go to this exhibition.

3 hours ago, HaoleBoy said:

Will PM Srettha visit the LM "lese-majeste exhibition while in New York to pay tribute to all the Thai citizens that have been incarcerated?  Many without bail and some due to political weaponization of this law.

It was good to see his Majesty's son go to this exhibition.

We all know the answer to that! he is a walking, talking excuse for the betrayal of their voters. A despicable bastard, unfortunately one of many Thai hi-so's who continue to rape their country...

37 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Always?

Never say never.

Especially now given the trump cards the elites have lost over the past decade.

I really hope you are right but forgive me if I don't hold my breath!

With the blatant corruption on show for all to see it looks to me like the establishment is stronger than ever

I said right from the start it needs blood on the streets to reset this mess and I really don't think Thailand has the belly for it, hopefully it won't come to that but nothing will change any other way.....

23 minutes ago, mark131v said:

I really hope you are right but forgive me if I don't hold my breath!

With the blatant corruption on show for all to see it looks to me like the establishment is stronger than ever

I said right from the start it needs blood on the streets to reset this mess and I really don't think Thailand has the belly for it, hopefully it won't come to that but nothing will change any other way.....

No need for blood on the streets, economic hardship will do the trick. 

The establishment has never been weaker, not only are they unable to keep Thaksin exiled, they’ve welcomed his proxy leadership of the newly installed government in the hopes he can stave off the aforementioned economic hardship.

I doubt the government will last the full four year term.

1 minute ago, MrMojoRisin said:

No need for blood on the streets, economic hardship will do the trick. 

The establishment has never been weaker, not only are they unable to keep Thaksin exiled, they’ve welcomed his proxy leadership of the newly installed government in the hopes he can stave off the aforementioned economic hardship.

I doubt the government will last the full four year term.

I hope you are right but feel you are wrong but time will tell!