Gordon Ramsay’s group set to open 14 restaurants in Thailand

webfact

2 minutes ago, bignok said:

White stuff sold in shops

And you cook a steak in it??

Steak: reddy brown thing sold in shops, usually cooked with salt, pepper, garlic, thyme or rosemary. Never heard of anyone - home cook or restaurant chef - cooking a steak in cream.

• Like 1

Just now, josephbloggs said:

And you cook a steak in it??

Steak: reddy brown thing sold in shops, usually cooked with salt, pepper, garlic, thyme or rosemary. Never heard of anyone - home cook or restaurant chef - cooking a steak in cream.

Then you don't know much. 

Then you don't know much. 

You said "cook with salt, butter and cream". What you posted is a herb and cream sauce, totally different, and - I must say - pretty disgusting looking. If I have a good cut of beef the last thing I want to do is drown it in some nasty cream sauce.

But up to you. Do you also like a steak with BBQ sauce? Seems like you don't know how to cut a cook piece of steak to appreciate it for what it is.

Other rating systems in Australia

If you’ve noticed that there aren’t any Australian restaurants with Michelin stars, that’s not because our local restaurants aren’t any good – it’s because there isn’t a Michelin Guide for Australia. The Red Guide covers locations in Europe, Asia, and America only.

The closest rating system we have is the Australian Good Food Guide Chef Hat Awards. Your restaurant gets rated on a points system from 0 to 20, and then awarded a number of hats which correspond to a number of Michelin stars. Here’s a breakdown of the Chef Hat system:

• 12-13 points: a good restaurant
  • 14-15 points: one hat, worth a stop (similar to one Michelin star)
  • 16-17 points: two hats, worth a detour (similar to two Michelin stars)
  • 18-19 points: three hats, worth a trip (similar to three Michelin stars)
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

You said "cook with salt, butter and cream". What you posted is a herb and cream sauce, totally different, and - I must say - pretty disgusting looking. If I have a good cut of beef the last thing I want to do is drown it in some nasty cream sauce.

But up to you. Do you also like a steak with BBQ sauce? Seems like you don't know how to cut a cook piece of steak to appreciate it for what it is.

Have you never been to a steak restaurant? Creamy sauces are common. You need to get out more. Pretty funny you have never heard of a creamy mushroom sauce.

Have you never been to a steak restaurant? Creamy sauces are common. You need to get out more. Pretty funny you have never heard of a creamy mushroom sauce.

Your comment was lazy and misleading, as if you cooked your steak in salt, butter and cream....

What you meant to write was you cook your steak rare, with salt and butter and make a herb cream sauce to go with it...  The Herb cream sauce in your link looks good. 

There's a steak reastaurant in Bangkok called Le Boeuf, the steak is served in a 'butter herb secret sauce' (which I'm sure is basically a butter herb cream sauce) - the sauce is excellent, the quality of beef not so excellent. 

I sometimes make a wine jus... but I'd never say 'cook it with 'wine'.... 

26 minutes ago, bignok said:

cook it rare with salt, butter and cream.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bignok said:

Yes, creamy sauces are common. Not my cup of tea, but a creamy mushroom sauce is fine.

RichardSmith already pointed it out but you clearly said you cook a steak in salt, pepper, butter and cream. You are now talking about cream sauces which are totally different - you don't cook the steak in cream.

Anyway, you changed and u-turned. Not interested anymore.

Carry on.

1 minute ago, josephbloggs said:

Yes, creamy sauces are common. Not my cup of tea, but a creamy mushroom sauce is fine.

RichardSmith already pointed it out but you clearly said you cook a steak in salt, pepper, butter and cream. You are now talking about cream sauces which are totally different - you don't cook the steak in cream.

Anyway, you changed and u-turned. Not interested anymore.

Carry on.

Stop embarrassing yourself. You never heard of a sauce with cream in it. Get out more. Read cooking websites. Learn something.

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Your comment was lazy and misleading, as if you cooked your steak in salt, butter and cream....

What you meant to write was you cook your steak rare, with salt and butter and make a herb cream sauce to go with it...  The Herb cream sauce in your link looks good. 

There's a steak reastaurant in Bangkok called Le Boeuf, the steak is served in a 'butter herb secret sauce' (which I'm sure is basically a butter herb cream sauce) - the sauce is excellent, the quality of beef not so excellent. 

I sometimes make a wine jus... but I'd never say 'cook it with 'wine'.... 

Usual complaining from you.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Thailand has one of the most unequal wealth distributions in the world - the top one percent possess nearly three quarters of the wealth whilst the poorest fifty percent possess less than two percent of the wealth.

wait till you find out about America 

And as much as Ramsay can be a dick sometimes, you can't accuse him of serving slop 

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, bignok said:

Stop embarrassing yourself. You never heard of a sauce with cream in it. Get out more. Read cooking websites. Learn something.

Okey dokey, have a nice day. 

You are denying what you wrote and are still trying to twist it. Don't you see that what I commented originally made sense in response to what you had written? Then later you added more info and changed the meaning completely when you realised you had made a mistake, but you still deny the original comment and try to attack for some weird reason. Very childish. Very weird. 

Can't be bothered any more. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, josephbloggs said:

Okey dokey, have a nice day. 

You are denying what you wrote and are still trying to twist it. Don't you see that what I commented originally made sense in response to what you had written? Then later you added more info and changed the meaning completely when you realised you had made a mistake, but you still deny the original comment and try to attack for some weird reason. Very childish. Very weird. 

Can't be bothered any more. 

Yes you can't admit that you didnt know anything about sauces.  Bye. Waste of time talking to you.

I get annoyed at Thai food and Thai restaurants because I want to eat food that doesn't smell like a yeast infection my wife had a few years ago. 

Aside from certain cheeses, name a foreign food that smells like a sick vagina? 

The description is extreme, but that is precisely how it is. 

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Who decides if a restaurant is Michelin quality - only Michelin does, all other claims are mere opinion.

As far as I am concerned, every single restaurant in Australia is Michelin quality with just one exception.

(Guess how many restaurants Gordon Ramsay has in Australia?)

Well you do have Australian Michelin Star chefs, which work abroad...:whistling:

I would have thought they had some clout in what restaurants in Australia are of Michelin grade and doesn't allow your tomato sauce on their premises, even for the likes of you.......????

16 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Who decides if a restaurant is Michelin quality - only Michelin does, all other claims are mere opinion.

As far as I am concerned, every single restaurant in Australia is Michelin quality with just one exception.

(Guess how many restaurants Gordon Ramsay has in Australia?)

He probably heard about Aussie tomato sauce and 7-11 obsession....????

18 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Give it 12 - 18 months and he'll be worth US$819,000,000 after accounting for the losses on his failed 14 restaurants in Bangkok adventure.

But at least he has the resources to try anything he wants, how about you, Dave.....?  :cowboy:.             ????

What time does your 7-11 open for today's culinary delight....?  ????

9 minutes ago, transam said:

Another Australian we must make allowances for, I feel sorry for Aussie blokes on here, we have a band of Aussie fruitcakes showing you up.....????

You haven’t landed a single blow yet, to be honest, your game is pretty weak and boring…. Kinda how I imagine reviews for Gordon’s 14 sh!tty Bangkok restaurants are going to be.

IMG_4348.gif.b08bde822870915c4cb47ece83b2dbba.gif

2 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

You haven’t landed a single blow yet, to be honest, your game is pretty weak and boring…. Kinda how I imagine reviews for Gordon’s 14 sh!tty Bangkok restaurants are going to be.

IMG_4348.gif.b08bde822870915c4cb47ece83b2dbba.gif

Really, in that case you are admitting you are a master baiter, which some of us knew from the start.  ????

But you carry on, a couple on here are proud of you.......????

7 minutes ago, Bim Smith said:

He got outcooked by the Thai chef in Thailand. Hope he stays clear of Thai cuisine as he hasn't got a clue...........

Even a top chef has a learning curve with something new regarding cuisine from around the world.

Some of us understand that, some of you haven't a clue understanding that and go trashing.........................????

• Like 1