McCarthy vows to strip Ukraine money from Pentagon bill after Greene ‘no’ vote

Social Media

1 minute ago, heybruce said:

I'm good with that.  Why isn't McCarthy doing it?

McCarthy said he would remove the $300 million for Ukraine currently in the Pentagon appropriations bill and hold a separate vote on the funding.“It would be out and voted on by itself,” McCarthy said when asked about the Ukraine aid in the Pentagon appropriations bill.

4 minutes ago, impulse said:

McCarthy said he would remove the $300 million for Ukraine currently in the Pentagon appropriations bill and hold a separate vote on the funding.“It would be out and voted on by itself,” McCarthy said when asked about the Ukraine aid in the Pentagon appropriations bill.

You're correct.  Now let's see if he actually does it.

I suspect not.  The bill would pass, but with a majority of Democrat votes in the House, which the Republicans would hate and which would cost McCarthy his job.

3 minutes ago, heybruce said:

I suspect not.  The bill would pass, but with a majority of Democrat votes in the House, which the Republicans would hate and which would cost McCarthy his job.

My prediction is that at least 5 Republicans vote for a dem speaker to get the bill passed.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rice555 said:

WE have a democratic republic, not a democracy. 

So, you think a participatory democracy is a misnomer? Bottom line, the demes have the power (if they will use it). You are familiar with the Greek concept looked to by the founders?

2 hours ago, heybruce said:

I suspect a lot of republicans would vote to approve as well it would in my humble opinion pass with strong bipartisan support and give McCarthy a fig leaf to cover his rear end from the magganuts who will immediately try to get rid of him witch hopefully the democrats won’t allow to happen,there for allowing McCarthy to extract his scrotum from mtgs claws ???? 

6 hours ago, novacova said:

You failed to cite Russias nuke policy, maybe you don’t know because of a blinding narrow view fixated on your maga thing.
It’s simple, Escalate to Deescalate

A rational Western leader would know, never underestimate the words of a Russian leader, they do what they speak.

The US is bullying countries in the region to support the war. Hungary pretty much said f-u because Ukraine is losing, the west is losing, so in return your Biden friends and Co. bullied them even further. 

If anyone believes the media about what is actually going on in Ukraine, then they’re uninformed. The west is not winning and is not going to win, at least not without a major conflict. It’s complete stupidity. Everyone knows something is wrong with the picture, not everyone is willing to admit it to themselves.

Thank you for the Russia Today talking points.

6 hours ago, novacova said:

Who started the war…what relevance does that make? Ukraine is not NATO territory, the conflict is not any concern of the West. NATO is breaking the treaty agreement “Not One Inch” remember? 

Good grief already, pay attention, I’m not going school anyone here. 

Who started the war is definitely relevant in naming the warmonger.  The west now includes NATO countries that share a border with Russia and were formerly part of the USSR, and Putin has made it clear that he wants to restore the Russian Empire as it existed in the USSR.  There is no "Not One Inch" treaty agreement.

You should school yourself.

6 hours ago, rice555 said:

read what Lavaroth<sp> FM said, not what the MSM or what you think

is the Russian policy is. Your still stuck in the " fine people hoax".

No idea what you're talking about.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, novacova said:

Who started the war…what relevance does that make? Ukraine is not NATO territory, the conflict is not any concern of the West. NATO is breaking the treaty agreement “Not One Inch” remember? 

Good grief already, pay attention, I’m not going school anyone here. 

Good thing you don't school anyone with false facts.

1- Not a treaty, "Not one inch to the east" was a verbal assurance given, not part of any treaty.

2- "Not one inch to the East" was about NATO's non-expansion into Eastern Germany, guarantee given to Gorbachev and the Soviet Union at the time of German reunification, so that Gorbachev would approve it.
Nothing to do with other countries joining NATO.

Edited by tgw
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Tug said:

We all know who is telling keven what to do.I have a feeling republicans will be an endangered species next election cycle.I’ll bet it’s party time in the kremlin .all of that beeing said it ain’t gonna fly Ukraine will get what she needs to defend herself 

Don't you mean to continue Natos war, indebt Ukraine, and take control of them. Blackrock is already taking farms over in the Ukraine. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, eisfeld said:

That's disingenuous at best. If I form a movement called MEH (Make Everyone Happy) which goes around and defrauds people en mass I can't ask why people are against making everyone happy when they criticise the movement for what it actually does. People who criticise MAGA are not talking about the name. They talk about the actions of the movement.

Yes, but the name itself has a notorious history in American politics. It was the same slogan used by the isolationist pro Hitler party proceeding WW2. It's associated with the antisemitism of American fascists Henry Ford and Charles Lindbergh. Trump if he didn't know already was informed about that history, and still went with it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, impulse said:

Nope.  When there's 2' of salt water over the roads, the only viable option if you want to help your neighbor is a redneck pick up truck.  EV's just catch fire in salt water.

Any car is utterly destroyed by being submerged in salt water flood.

• Like 1