'The Country Was Thriving': Joe Rogan Says That 'More Things Were Getting Done' When Donald Trump Was President — Unemployment Was Down, Regulations Relaxed. Is He Right?

Social Media

Just now, impulse said:

That explains the reasonable gas prices.  How about beef prices, and why did Putin take Crimea under Obama and the Donbas under Biden, but crickets under Trump? 

What's going to take decades to recover from is 8 million (and counting) illegal border crossers and the prospect of WW3.

Agree, Russia should never have invaded Ukraine.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, impulse said:

But he didn't do it when Trump was at the helm.  Just Obama and ObamaJr Biden.

And that's what this thread is about...  Was the USA better off under Trump?  No risk of WW3 under Trump.  That alone answers the OP question.

How long do you think it took Putin to mobilize for that 2020 invasion? Putin anticipated that Trump would get a second term and had committed himself long before the election was lost. Putin l;aunched that invasion BECAUSE he thought Trump would destroy NATO for him and veto help for Ukraine. Trump had form in that direction.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

How long do you think it took Putin to mobilize for that 2020 invasion? Putin anticipated that Trump would get a second term and had committed himself long before the election was lost. Putin l;aunched that invasion BECAUSE he thought Trump would destroy NATO for him and veto help for Ukraine. Trump had form in that direction.

I'm not going to guess at motives or schedules.  I'm just pointing out that Putin behaved pretty reasonably under Trump.  Full stop.  So, no risk of WW3 while Trump was at the helm.  That alone makes his tenure better for the entire world than Obama's or Biden's.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, impulse said:

I'm not going to guess at motives or schedules.  I'm just pointing out that Putin behaved pretty reasonably under Trump.  Full stop.  So, no risk of WW3 while Trump was at the helm.  That alone makes his tenure better for the entire world than Obama's or Biden's.

He mobilized for an invasion. That isn't acting reasonably under anyone's definition. You want to deny this fact but not want to speculate on it? That is takes many months to prepare for an invasion is common knowledge. Are you sure you're qualified to engage in this debate?

Do you think that Obama and Biden draw out Putin's worst instincts?

Edited by ozimoron

16 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

He mobilized for an invasion. That isn't acting reasonably under anyone's definition. You want to deny this fact but not want to speculate on it? That is takes many months to prepare for an invasion is common knowledge. Are you sure you're qualified to engage in this debate?

Do you think that Obama and Biden draw out Putin's worst instincts?

Yup.  It takes months to mobilize.  And Putin invaded 13 months after Biden took the reins.   Plenty of time after Trump left.

Are you sure you're qualified to engage in a debate about quality of life in a country that you've never set foot in?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

A hard to pin down guy in standard political terms. Leans libertarian, suppports drug legalization, endorsed Tulsi Gabbard in the 2020 election, a 2nd Amendment guy who also is in favor of universal health care.   

Also not afraid to talk to anyone on his show, a quality that more journalists should emulate.

What I love about Rogan is that he asks a question, then listens.  He's one of the very few that realize that he invited his guests (and people tune in) to hear what they have to say, and not listen to himself talk.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, impulse said:

What I love about Rogan is that he asks a question, then listens.  He's one of the very few that realize that he invited his guests (and people tune in) to hear what they have to say, and not listen to himself talk.

Yes he is great. Better than 99% of interviewers. If he was a Biden fan the lefties would love him. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I have to admit, I don't know if more things were done. 

In general Joe Rogan is well informed and intelligent. And he is not on one side of American politics.

Obviously it's good when politicians get things done. But is that reason enough to accept an a$hole as president? Would you want to be represented by that guy? 

It seems Americans don't care much what the rest of the world thinks about them. But Trump was about the worst what they could do internationally to represent America and Americans. 

He might seem to you to be apolitical but his message is decidedly right wing. He appeals to way more people on the right than the left.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, 2baht said:

Oh <deleted> Joe, the man's a moron, did you consume disinfectant and somehow take fluorescent light internally, spare us Joe, he's an idiot BS'er consumed with his own importance! Bathrooms full of classified documents, an insurrection on Capital Hill, the fool is dangerous!

It tells us a lot about you how you describe Joe Rogan. You might disagree with him, but he is certainly no moron or a fool.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It tells us a lot about you how you describe Joe Rogan. You might disagree with him, but he is certainly no moron or a fool.

The post refers to Trump as a fool! There is NO description of Joe Rogan, as far as I can tell!

Putin stated that Trump did more than sanctions against Russia when he was in power as well as against China and it was his start of the Cold War against China. During his reign he surrounded himself with the most militant pro-war collaborators, to say that he is the one who will not start the third world war is fallacious.

Neither JB nor DT are worthy of becoming the next president, it will be better for Americans to choose more capable people and not dead people who talk or evangelical preachers.

If I could vote, I would vote for peoples like Tulsi Goobard

Edited by BE88
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Only the guy with possibly the most downloaded podcast in America, with 15 million subscribers and 3 BILLION views on Youtube.

A hard to pin down guy in standard political terms. Leans libertarian, suppports drug legalization, endorsed Tulsi Gabbard in the 2020 election, a 2nd Amendment guy who also is in favor of universal health care.   

Also not afraid to talk to anyone on his show, a quality that more journalists should emulate.

Thanks

I had to get to almost the end of the first page of this thread to read your informed comment.

It's sad that too many people are so one sided. Many politicians have bad and good sides, including the two top US party leaders. 

Why is it so important for some people to see only the bad side of the other guy? If he would be only bad, then nobody would vote for him. That doesn't mean I like Trump. I definitely don't like him. But that is no reason for me to accept that maybe he did also some good things. And Biden is old and senile - even if he is more likable than Trump. 

• Haha 1

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

Thanks

I had to get to almost the end of the first page of this thread to read your informed comment.

It's sad that too many people are so one sided. Many politicians have bad and good sides, including the two top US party leaders. 

Why is it so important for some people to see only the bad side of the other guy? If he would be only bad, then nobody would vote for him. That doesn't mean I like Trump. I definitely don't like him. But that is no reason for me to accept that maybe he did also some good things. And Biden is old and senile - even if he is more likable than Trump. 

Yes, I remember your cult hero said there were good people on both sides. Some of those same people are now doing nearly 20 years or more.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, 2baht said:

So did Nixon and the Bushes (big and little)! ????

Yes they did, but they were not Democrats. Anti war was a hallmark of the left.

War, every year I have been alive. You'd think people would be smart enough to realize but then Ukraine happens and all little cucks run to support that sordid regime. Well, it's over so we now get to laugh at Dems, Zelensky, Biden family. Oh, I guess they have all the money. Laugh is on us.

Clinton foundation

Soros war on democracy

Blackrock, Vanguard

IMF, World Bank, WEF

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1