'The Country Was Thriving': Joe Rogan Says That 'More Things Were Getting Done' When Donald Trump Was President — Unemployment Was Down, Regulations Relaxed. Is He Right?

Social Media

9 minutes ago, Hawaiian said:

Did you read the entire article or just the headline?   The fact is, many are dissatisfied with JB, especially his handling of the invasion of illegals across the southern border.  I fall into that category along with an increasing number of Democrats. 

They're coming for work so what's the obvious solution? Charge companies and people who employ illegal workers. Job done, cost free. Until then, no reason to complain.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The Country Was Thriving': Joe Rogan Says That 'More Things Were Getting Done' When Donald Trump Was President — Unemployment Was Down, Regulations Relaxed. Is He Right?The Country Was Thriving': Joe Rogan Says That 'More Things Were Getting Done' When Donald Trump Was President — Unemployment Was Down, Regulations Relaxed. Is He Right?The Country Was Thriving': Joe Rogan Says That 'More Things Were Getting Done' When Donald Trump Was President — Unemployment Was Down, Regulations Relaxed. Is He Right?

No. 

Edited by mikebike
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

They're coming for work so what's the obvious solution? Charge companies and people who employ illegal workers. Job done, cost free. Until then, no reason to complain.

If the Thai government announced that all work permits held by foreigners cancelled there would be no reason to complain.  After all, they make the rules.  Better yet, kick all falangs out of the country.  Problem solved.

The the U.S has immigration laws that JB, Inc. refuses to enforce.  As a retired U.S. military veteran I served to protect the sovereignty of my country.  This flouting of immigration laws is seriously damaging our sovereignty.

If there weren't millions of illegals in the U.S. law breaking employers would have a difficult time hiring illegals.  Problem solved.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Obvious solution? Keep them in custody until their hearings.  Build camps along the border to house them. Immediately deport any who used a human smuggler- the wrist bands are usually a giveaway. 

AND also go after employers. It doesn't have to be an either/or solution. 

9 hours ago, pegman said:

Well next door here in the Great White North, Canada, we had a third deaths per cap than the USA. 

As for the Trump vs Biden debate it seems to be a choice between bad or worse. $$$ will likely be the deciding factor like most things in that unequitable country. It is grouped with Thailand by the Economist Group as a "Flawed Democracy" for good reason.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Economist_Democracy_Index

Well in the Great White North of Canada there far fewer few large cities and a lot more people living in remote areas, plus a far lower overall population density, so social distancing is a lot more achievable.

Does the Economist list any pristine democracies?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mikebike said:

The Country Was Thriving': Joe Rogan Says That 'More Things Were Getting Done' When Donald Trump Was President — Unemployment Was Down, Regulations Relaxed. Is He Right?The Country Was Thriving': Joe Rogan Says That 'More Things Were Getting Done' When Donald Trump Was President — Unemployment Was Down, Regulations Relaxed. Is He Right?The Country Was Thriving': Joe Rogan Says That 'More Things Were Getting Done' When Donald Trump Was President — Unemployment Was Down, Regulations Relaxed. Is He Right?

No. 

You missed out two no's.

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

Well in the Great White North of Canada there far fewer few large cities and a lot more people living in remote areas, plus a far lower overall population density, so social distancing is a lot more achievable.

Does the Economist list any pristine democracies?

The full democracy of Canada has just honored a Nazi in Parliament.  Does that mean an upgrade to "pristine"?

10 minutes ago, candide said:

Not the same table. This one compares the poll you cited with other polls.

One thing about polls, not just political ones, I question is: the FOUR W'S.

Who are you polling?

Why are you polling?

Where are you polling?

When are you polling?

10 minutes ago, Hawaiian said:

The full democracy of Canada has just honored a Nazi in Parliament.  Does that mean an upgrade to "pristine"?

My post was a reply with reference to the Covid issue and management of same but w.r.t. population density.

Regarding pristine democracies as described by the Economist, my question did not target Canada. That said it seems evident that Trudeau is a failure as a leader but it seems that he and his government were unaware of the Hunka link to the SS and Nazism? The biggest worry is how Trudeau and similar morons manage to get themselves elected.

12 minutes ago, nauseus said:

My post was a reply with reference to the Covid issue and management of same but w.r.t. population density.

Regarding pristine democracies as described by the Economist, my question did not target Canada. That said it seems evident that Trudeau is a failure as a leader but it seems that he and his government were unaware of the Hunka link to the SS and Nazism? The biggest worry is how Trudeau and similar morons manage to get themselves elected.

I was being facetious.  I have the same opinion of Trudeau as you do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hawaiian said:

If the Thai government announced that all work permits held by foreigners cancelled there would be no reason to complain.  After all, they make the rules.  Better yet, kick all falangs out of the country.  Problem solved.

The the U.S has immigration laws that JB, Inc. refuses to enforce.  As a retired U.S. military veteran I served to protect the sovereignty of my country.  This flouting of immigration laws is seriously damaging our sovereignty.

If there weren't millions of illegals in the U.S. law breaking employers would have a difficult time hiring illegals.  Problem solved.

Did I mention cancelling work permits? I said illegal immigrants. You just don't wanna address that little inconvenient fact that it's all down to the employers in the final analysis.

9 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Did I mention cancelling work permits? I said illegal immigrants. You just don't wanna address that little inconvenient fact that it's all down to the employers in the final analysis.

Here's a link that defends your position:

https://cis.org/Report/Hiring-Illegals-Crime.

While you are on the CIS website read the article about Biden Dismantling Ban on Hiring Illegals.

7 hours ago, ozimoron said:

I don't care who does it. I'm saying it's the root cause of the illegal immigration problem.

This just in...  

Americans’ income plunged as the nation grappled with record-high inflation, according to new data from the U.S. Census Bureau.

Real median household income declined from $76,330 in 2021 to $74,580 in 2022, a 2.3% drop. That marked the third straight year of decline

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

This just in...  

Americans’ income plunged as the nation grappled with record-high inflation, according to new data from the U.S. Census Bureau.

Real median household income declined from $76,330 in 2021 to $74,580 in 2022, a 2.3% drop. That marked the third straight year of decline

2020 being a trump year

Gee. What happened that made 2020 a year of decline in the world economy?

What happened that made 2021 more of the same?

What prior major event affected most of the world's economies in 2022?

Which major world economy performed the best in 2022?

Why do so many right-wingers seem to suffer from amnesia?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

This just in...  

and you somehow want to tie that to immigration but can't say how.

1 hour ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

This just in...  

Off topic, but I'll point out:

In 2021 Americans received $1400 stimulus checks.  When that figure is excluded from the 2021 household income the drop is trivial.

2021 was also the year of high inflation caused by supply chain disruptions.  Wage increases always lag sudden surges in inflation.  I expect things will show significant improvement for 2022 and 2023.

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

and you somehow want to tie that to immigration but can't say how.

An oversupply of cheap labour leads to downward pressure on wages, especially for poor Americans.  Illegal immigrants will work for less. Why pay an American $20 an hour if a Venezualan will take $10? Especially if there are no consequences to hiring the Venezualan.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

2020 being a trump year

Gee. What happened that made 2020 a year of decline in the world economy?

What happened that made 2021 more of the same?

What prior major event affected most of the world's economies in 2022?

Which major world economy performed the best in 2022?

Why do so many right-wingers seem to suffer from amnesia?

2020 being the first Covid year.

2021  being the second Covid year.

2022  being the rebound year post Covid.

5 minutes ago, nauseus said:

2020 being the first Covid year.

2021  being the second Covid year.

2022  being the rebound year post Covid.

Really? A rebound year? So for what country was 2022 a rebound year? Was worldwide inflation the fault of the Biden administration? What happened in 2020 and 2021 that affected the world economy in 2022? Care to guess?

Actually, the USA fared far better in 2022 than did other major developed nations. And better than most other developed nations. Inflation fell faster, unemployment was very low, and GDP grew at a healthy pace.

• Like 1