No potatoes

kidneyw

Is anybody else having trouble finding potatoes in Tops in Bangkok? The two places I use have had none for eleven days, which is highly unusual.

I did find them in Lotus, but these come in plastic mesh bags and are very expensive in comparison to the loose ones at Tops.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

No fruit & veg markets? i buy from a Pattaya market 35 baht a kg

Market here was 75 baht a kilo four years ago. (when they had them). 

Tops at the moment was 65 baht a kilo.

Lotus is 42 baht for three small potatoes.

Pattaya is certainly the best place. Maybe need to move back as the wife suggests.

If you can't find potatoes, you're not looking very hard.  You do have to go to more than 1 vendor if you favorite doesn't have.

I'm in small town, and have 2 chain stores and at least 3 fresh markets, that i pass, available during the week.

Surely where most people live there's got to be one on the way to/from the barstool. ????

2 minutes ago, 2baht said:

Where's the cheapest potato in Pattaya! ????

At 35-45 baht a kg, do you really need to find cheaper, and is it worth the journey.

You're not buying a ton, as they only last about a week or 2 before sprouting.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

At 35ish baht a kg, do you really need to find cheaper, and is it worth the journey.

35ish baht, 40-45 baht, 60 baht, I'm about to break out the confused emoji!

Edited by 2baht
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, 2baht said:

35ish baht, 40-45 baht, 60 baht, I'm about to break out the confused emoji!

A quick edit on my part, as 35 stuck on the brain, but haven't paid that in a while.  39-42 baht / kg on recent purchases from Makro.

Only when they over order, might see 35 baht, and rare of late.   Although the normal priced, if not closer to 30 at the fresh market, which I don't visit much, and usually not for potatoes, as well stocked most times.

Edited by KhunLA

1 minute ago, lopburi3 said:
11 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

From Tops, yes, why on earth not?   It's just another shopping item...

https://www.tops.co.th/en/search/potatoes

But they want for 40 baht a kg range - will be double that from Tops.

Gawd...how awful.   He was trying to get his spuds from Tops in the first place so I doubt if the B40 you refer to is going to be an issue.

1 minute ago, lopburi3 said:

But they want for 40 baht a kg range - will be double that from Tops.

Good reason not to shop at Tops, which we rarely do, (when anywhere, as don't have locally), as I've yet to pay more than 42 baht a kg @ Makro.  Usually 39 baht.

We don't bother with our local Lotus's here either, as usually more expensive than Makro.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Gawd...how awful.   He was trying to get his spuds from Tops in the first place so I doubt if the B40 you refer to is going to be an issue.

It seems to be an issue for most of the responders however.  If his local Tops supermarket does not have mail order not likely to help as that ships from closest supermarket type store.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Tops online (not "mail order"!)does not restrict the areas to which it delivers.

But they deliver from a set supermarket for your area and your orders are based on stock at that location.  I use them.

• Like 1