Russell Brand and why the allegations took so long to surface

Social Media

5 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It’s very possible to hold the opinion that Russell Brand and his accusers deserve to have their case judged by a jury in a court of law.

To not regard Russell Brand guilty, or his accusers liars,

And to discard conspiracies for what they are.

You should try it.

I never said that it doesn't deserve to go to trial!

What you should try is to not put words in people's mouth! 

28 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

I never said that it doesn't deserve to go to trial!

What you should try is to not put words in people's mouth! 

I didn’t put words in your mouth.

I’ve simply suggested being fare minded towards both Brand and his accusers, let the court and the Jury decide.

No need to introduce conspiracies, they add absolutely nothing.

34 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I didn’t put words in your mouth.

I’ve simply suggested being fare minded towards both Brand and his accusers, let the court and the Jury decide.

No need to introduce conspiracies, they add absolutely nothing.

Yes, I'm betting at least some of the accusers "fare" minded. 

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

Yes, I'm betting at least some of the accusers "fare" minded. 

How can an accuser be ‘fair minded’ and why would they even be expected to be ‘fair minded’.

They are accusers, alleged victims.

For the record, I don’t expect the accused to be ‘fair minded’ either.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

Again and for the last time so you can hopefully get it through your thick skull: 

Yea because after you resort to inflamatory personal attack you assume a debate can continue. You have issues.

Edited by Bkk Brian

4 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

No, I'm not!!! Rape allegations are very serious and it's the cops job to investigate in all directions, that includes to make sure that she's not trying to frame him to rule out all options until they're left with the truth. 

She didn't report it to the police and thus they didn't investigate it 

12 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

How can an accuser be ‘fair minded’ and why would they even be expected to be ‘fair minded’.

They are accusers, alleged victims.

For the record, I don’t expect the accused to be ‘fair minded’ either.

I did not say "fair" minded, I said fare minded. 

22 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

Sorry, but the way this is written is inconclusive to me because of the word "adding" and the part that follows afer that! He could've apologized for something different and then she could've just added whatever she wants to make it look differently. I wanna see a screenshot. Also, he absolutely denies having raped anyone, but if they had it in writing that he admitted raping them then there's no point in denying it and this would be a textbook case of an open and shut case. I guess we'll have to wait end see what the trial brings to light. Until proven guilty he's innocent of the rape charges in my book. 

Until proven guilty he's innocent of the rape charges in my book. 

IMO doesn't matter to some on here that are only too eager to jump on the metoo bandwagon.

Of course, if it were a woman being accused of doing something "bad" it's be different because in their opinion women are never wrong, and never ever make false accusations against men.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Thumbs Up 2

15 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yea because after you resort to inflamatory personal attack you assume a debate can continue. You have issues.

Oh, I'm sorry. Did the naked truth offend you? You left me no choice after you repeatedly put words in my mouth despite me telling you that you got it all wrong and you ARE extremely stubborn! Your mind is made up and you simply don't respond to reason.

So let's just agree to disagree! 

14 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

She didn't report it to the police and thus they didn't investigate it 

Don't you think it's funny that she didn't report it to the police and instead waited how many years? Also, what was the point of going to the rape crisis center to doxument the rape when she then doesn't go to the cops? If she hadn't gone anywhere it would looked way less suspicious to me, but she went to the center and not the cops and I find that fishy! Having said that, I'm not saying, she's lying, but the cops will definitely have to look into the possibility that she might be trying to frame him. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

Oh, I'm sorry. Did the naked truth offend you? You left me no choice after you repeatedly put words in my mouth despite me telling you that you got it all wrong and you ARE extremely stubborn! Your mind is made up and you simply don't respond to reason.

So let's just agree to disagree! 

Oh, I'm sorry. Did the naked truth offend you? 

Yet to read any naked truth from you but yes I agree to disagree with you.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO doesn't matter to some on here that are only too eager to jump on the metoo bandwagon.

Of course, if it were a woman being accused of doing something "bad" it's be different because in their opinion women are never wrong, and never ever make false accusations against men.

The Kevin Spacey case was really an eye opener to me. Brand is certainly no angel, that's for sure, but rape? I don't know. Wait and see what the trial brings to light. 

Don't you think it's funny that she didn't report it to the police and instead waited how many years? Also, what was the point of going to the rape crisis center to doxument the rape when she then doesn't go to the cops? If she hadn't gone anywhere it would looked way less suspicious to me, but she went to the center and not the cops and I find that fishy! Having said that, I'm not saying, she's lying, but the cops will definitely have to look into the possibility that she might be trying to frame him. 

You  can read about it here 

https://graziadaily.co.uk/life/in-the-news/russell-brand-sexual-assault-allegations-why-now/

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Just to add to that:

ONS survey reveals just one in six female rape victims report to the police

“We now see these findings borne out in the latest statistics. The latest figures from the ONS confirm the prevalence of sexual abuse and violence remains very high and that women are disproportionately impacted. We know that the majority of victims do not feel confident to report to the police. Fewer than one in six female rape victims reported it to the police. The figure was 1 in 5 for men.

“In a damning sign of a lack of faith in our criminal justice system, 1 in 4 say they did not think they would be believed if they did report and 39% believe the police could not help in any case.

https://victimscommissioner.org.uk/news/ons-survey-march-2020/

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

According to the link the rape crisis center did notify the cops and in cases of severe crimes like rape they will usually investigate regardless of whether the victim wants to press charges or not. Looks like they didn't have a lot to go on otherwise they would have at the very least arrested and interrogated him, which didn't happen as far as I know.

in cases of severe crimes like rape they will usually investigate regardless of whether the victim wants to press charges or not. Looks like they didn't have a lot to go on otherwise they would have at the very least arrested and interrogated him

Your version of the naked truth again? Can you supply a link to that, rather than a rant?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

I'm done wasting my time on you. If you really wanna know then Google is your friend! 

I did Google and read what a couple of rape crisis centers said on the matter, it did not confirm your claim, but since you made the claim, its up to you to prove, that's how it works

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Weird….

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

On the right track. Hopefully, more countries will follow suit. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-66942145

So a serial offender, as sex offenders often are, can avoid any of their victims being aware of an investigation other than the single victim filing a report.

Pointless in this case anyway since the press were on the allegations before the police were informed.

Oh, but you want to silence the press?

Edited by Chomper Higgot