Road trip to Laos, exiting/reentering Thailand at Nong Khai with my 18 year old neice (neither parent present).

The Fugitive

Myself and five Thai family members due to cross overland into Laos end October for 3 days. All of us have passports except for my 18 year old Thai neice. Have read that she can easily obtain a three-day border pass (30-50 baht?). Neither of her parents will be present. Given that age of majority is 20 in Thailand and 18 in Laos will she need written permission to exit Thailand from either (or both) parents? Problem is her parents are separated, father doesn't want to know about anything and her mother is working in India.

On 9/25/2023 at 10:12 AM, The Fugitive said:

Myself and five Thai family members due to cross overland into Laos end October for 3 days. All of us have passports except for my 18 year old Thai neice. Have read that she can easily obtain a three-day border pass (30-50 baht?). Neither of her parents will be present. Given that age of majority is 20 in Thailand and 18 in Laos will she need written permission to exit Thailand from either (or both) parents? Problem is her parents are separated, father doesn't want to know about anything and her mother is working in India.

Seem to have found the answer; if aged 15 or over, no problem. https://travel.trueid.net/detail/P0GprJoM9JO3