Die Hard 4.0

ihop

Caught Die Hard 4.0 at the Vista 1/2 the other day. While the Vista 1/2 is a nice place to catch a flick, their print of DieHard 4.0 is awful. About half of the movie has washed out colors with a bluish tint and low contrast that began with the opening credits. The other half is defective in spots. Very annoying.

No one walked out to speak with management, think everyone thought it would correct itself. I wasn't sure how long or how it would go over with my limited Thai. Also, going into the theater there was a burly looking dude sitting next to the usher...not sure what that was about (crossed my mind that he was management).

Better off catching it across the street at Vista Kadsuankaew inside Central. The movie itself is loads of fun and Maggie Q is still hot...even washed out.

Did anyone else experience this? Does anyone go to the Vista 1/2??? Only about ten people at my showing on a Saturday, I was the only farang.

Yippee-Kai-Yay...!

That's no business.

Got there at 8.15 for a 8.00 Diehard last night assuming the movie would start a touch late and had picked up someone from work at 8.00. The woman in the office refused to sell me tickets. This had happened before. I stood my ground this time. And stood. I said this isn't reasonable. And in the end she simply sold me the tickets. I gave her a 1000 baht. Oh I haven't got any change she said, and she didn't, shuffling through a handful of bills.

Three quarters of the way throught he screen went blank for three minutes. A bit like when we were kids and we would have all been stamping on the floor and booing. I resisted, it simply wouldn't have been the same doing it alone. After descending the stairs we had to step through an unwound bundle of wire, sort of Somme defence.

The developers of this building are so thick they pay one guy to take the money from the cars coming in one side and another to take the tickets from the exiters on the other side. Didn't it occur to them to make it so one guy could do both. It's hardly Piccadilly Circus. Perhaps it's me that's thick.

BTW I've had this same "we can't do it attitude in TT and T. Can I pay my TOT bill here, which I normally do, sorry I don't have the actual bill with me but I have my phone number? No. Simply Cannot. Absolutely not. Impossible. Well I said I'm a bit pushed to go to Airport Plaza. And they simply started processing it. They could do it all along.

Duh?

BTW Enjoyed Brucie doing what Brucie does.

Edited by sleepyjohn

First off - Go Die Hard "But Willit" delivers a frigging great movie that was fun the whole way thru. When it's dumb or over the top, at least they know it. This movie was so sanuk!

Second - Vista is so ghetto. Why go there? I only have to if I miss it at Major Airport. Vista never has popcorn, or it's a bad flavor, or they close the machines down n pack up when there's still 4 more hrs of movie showing going on. No Snacks!! Besides, the cheese popcorn at Major kicks a$$! I generally find that Vista says "NO" to most requests and desires of its customers, just like your difficulty getting in while skipping the previews. So dumb. A policy of 'NO' gets me to say 'NO' to Vista.

Is it any wonder most of their theaters are empty ??

This was my first time at the Vista 1/2 and my first impression of the empty shop complex was the developer ran out of money. What a shame. But the theater was big and clean with nice seats (unassigned). I really don't expect much these days. I notice the longer i'm in Thailand the more i'm becoming a cheap charlie so 90 baht at Vista vs 120baht at MajorCineplex...i went with Vista. :o

Dang, this movie sucked.

Anyway, I go to 12 Huay Kaew because it's cheaper than the other places, and the place is generally empty--we can really stretch out. And one big reason: my son gets in for free. Not sure what the cutoff age is for the free entrance.

They save money on the air conditioning, too. If you go to the first showing of the day the theater usually is hot--they turn it on at the beginning of the movie and it takes a while to cool down. And yeah, the refreshments are limited and they close early... and the service can be sullen sometimes.

However... we usually bring our own refreshments. Not sure if they have a problem with that or not, but we keep it hidden until we get in.

Never noticed any issues with print quality or technical issues.

If I was going by myself, though, I'd probably head to Airport Plaza and maybe get the VIP seats...

That's no business.

Got there at 8.15 for a 8.00 Diehard last night assuming the movie would start a touch late and had picked up someone from work at 8.00. The woman in the office refused to sell me tickets. This had happened before. I stood my ground this time. And stood. I said this isn't reasonable. And in the end she simply sold me the tickets. I gave her a 1000 baht. Oh I haven't got any change she said, and she didn't, shuffling through a handful of bills.

Three quarters of the way throught he screen went blank for three minutes. A bit like when we were kids and we would have all been stamping on the floor and booing. I resisted, it simply wouldn't have been the same doing it alone. After descending the stairs we had to step through an unwound bundle of wire, sort of Somme defence.

The developers of this building are so thick they pay one guy to take the money from the cars coming in one side and another to take the tickets from the exiters on the other side. Didn't it occur to them to make it so one guy could do both. It's hardly Piccadilly Circus. Perhaps it's me that's thick.

BTW I've had this same "we can't do it attitude in TT and T. Can I pay my TOT bill here, which I normally do, sorry I don't have the actual bill with me but I have my phone number? No. Simply Cannot. Absolutely not. Impossible. Well I said I'm a bit pushed to go to Airport Plaza. And they simply started processing it. They could do it all along.

Duh?

BTW Enjoyed Brucie doing what Brucie does.

How is the medication going? Not so good methinks.

JxP

Dang, this movie sucked.

Anyway, I go to 12 Huay Kaew because it's cheaper than the other places, and the place is generally empty--we can really stretch out. And one big reason: my son gets in for free. Not sure what the cutoff age is for the free entrance.

They save money on the air conditioning, too. If you go to the first showing of the day the theater usually is hot--they turn it on at the beginning of the movie and it takes a while to cool down. And yeah, the refreshments are limited and they close early... and the service can be sullen sometimes.

However... we usually bring our own refreshments. Not sure if they have a problem with that or not, but we keep it hidden until we get in.

If I was going by myself, though, I'd probably head to Airport Plaza and maybe get the VIP seats...

Not the best date in town then . . . . .

JxP

Dang, this movie sucked.

JxP

saw die hard 4.0 last night not as good as the original but entertaining :o

Dang, this movie sucked.

JxP

You got that right. Back in the states, I'd make my kid and my wife get in the trunk of the car while going through the line at the drive in. Much cheaper that way.

:o

Dang, this movie sucked.

JxP

You got that right. Back in the states, I'd make my kid and my wife get in the trunk of the car while going through the line at the drive in. Much cheaper that way.

:o

You must be p!ssed (colonial vernacular) that you are going to miss the FREE barbeque.

JxP

Airport plaza is the way to go... but this time ... not so great... paid for the VIP with the electric lazy boy seats.. nice extra space and a separate place to house your popcorn candy and soda.. BUT the first frame of the movie as they launched it melted... and they spent 20 minutes fixing it only to find they had loaded the movie backwards.. so we were seeing all the text as if it was seen in a mirror. Another 10 minutes and the movie starts, but the lights stay on full up 10 minutes into the movie because they cant seem to turn them off. Each time a problem happens they turn on music at ear deafening volume and turn on the lights.. I think its automated this way and I think thats why they didn't know how to turn off the lights manually. Same thing happens half way through the picture.. when its time to shift to a new reel. lights come up and horrific music is pumped in at high volumes. It was not so pleasant this time around and at 250 baht a seat for vip it was really a let down. We were in the 4pm Harry Potter showing at airport plaza.

So.... did you ask for a refund after that sh!tty showing? I would. I wonder if Major - big as it is - would ever apologize Western-style like that. It'd be nice after they mess up the whole semblance of the watching experience like that. Anybody ever try for a refund here in Prathet Thai with any success ?