Jomtien last half of Oktober 2023

Gottfrid

Planning a trip with family to Jomtien in the last half of Oktober, How does it look at the beach? Is it open and available or under construction, as I read no vendors would be allowed during repair and sand-filling of the beach?

Edited by Gottfrid

4 hours ago, Henryford said:

There is some construction going on but many parts of the beach are available no problem. I am not a big fan of them widening the beach. Where they did it further down the beach now is very wide with very few shady areas near the road.  So if you sit there a) you get very hot and b) it's a long (hot) walk to the sea. I prefer the area in front of the Copacabana where we still have the lovely big trees for shade and a short walk to the sea. Second half of October might be a bit rainy, bring your umbrellas.

Thanks for your info. 

It could be a lovely beach if the water was clean, but with the drain run offs no chance.  I’ve always had a condo with nice pool, but I often go down to the beach for a long walk on the water edge. If you’re staying in a hotel, the the Rabbit Resort is great , pool, opposite the beach,  very  quiet, and a five minute walk to shops and restaurants. As for weather it’s hard to predict. 

6 hours ago, arick said:

The beach will look like a toilet before you flushed. 

Yes, and other poster say it´s clean. Sorry to break it to you, but I´ve been there about 6 month ago, and i know exactly how it looks. That was not the question in my start of the thread. Feel free to leave now.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Yes, and other poster say it´s clean. Sorry to break it to you, but I´ve been there about 6 month ago, and i know exactly how it looks. That was not the question in my start of the thread. Feel free to leave now.

Sixth month ago is six months but unfortunately you don't know exactly what it looks like today do you.? it is the height of rainy season. In 11 years I have never seen it look inviting in October. 

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, JimTripper said:

How did you lose the money?

It's been in the news property fraud money money laundering computer criminal offenses using the computer act the list goes on about 20 charges against six different people and that's just one company there's several other companies that are being under investigation by the DSI I know other foreign investors that have lost over a million USD in many different projects it's quite rampant in Thailand. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, arick said:

Sixth month ago is six months but unfortunately you don't know exactly what it looks like today do you.? it is the height of rainy season. In 11 years I have never seen it look inviting in October. 

Is it though, I've been here 33 days now and it's rained briefly twice. Hardly a normal rainy season

12 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Thanks, I´ve rented a pool villa. ???? 

Weather and other things we can´t do much about. Just wanted to know, as we like to sit on the beach. Children playing in sand and ordering some food and drinks. ????

Sounds lovely!

Pool villa too.

Do you mind giving  the name?

4 hours ago, arick said:

It's been in the news property fraud money money laundering computer criminal offenses using the computer act the list goes on about 20 charges against six different people and that's just one company there's several other companies that are being under investigation by the DSI I know other foreign investors that have lost over a million USD in many different projects it's quite rampant in Thailand. 

Not sure what country you are from, but projects like that can be invested in your home country probably much safer. Where you reside makes little difference.

Why are you doing it in Thailand? Is it people who approach you here or you meet here?

3 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Is it though, I've been here 33 days now and it's rained briefly twice. Hardly a normal rainy season

Yes we are in a drought especially North Central but yet lot of people on this website will want to argue with you and say it can't be possible and blah blah blah and then I don't even know if they've lived here for over 11 years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimTripper said:

Not sure what country you are from, but projects like that can be invested in your home country probably much safer. Where you reside makes little difference.

Why are you doing it in Thailand? Is it people who approach you here or you meet here?

Well maybe you can have a meeting with the 800 victims or 3000 victims that have lost over 6 billion bat why don't you go over to the DSi and tell them you're two cents worth

Just now, arick said:

Well maybe you can have a meeting with the 800 victims or 3000 victims that have lost over 6 billion bat why don't you go over to the DSi and tell them you're two cents worth

This Messenger on this app he probably doesn't even know what the DSi is it's probably renting some condo in the middle of patia by a sex worker

3 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

The weather has been idyllic, with a delightful cooling breeze - and very little rain. Probably the driest wet season I have seen.

Idealic is not 90% humidity and 33 C you should be up North with me ideally is 27 in your house and 80% humidity if you're lucky

• Thumbs Up 1

It's amazing all these people on this stupid site all live in pattya the most ugliest city in the world and I have no idea why anybody would even want to live there excuse me for my friends but yes my one friend lives there but he lives on the North side so he lives in the more better place but I have no idea why the rest of you live there has really nasty horrible ugly people there's so all the other place any any place other than patia in Thailand is way better than where you live I don't know why you guys live there and I don't even know why you're on you're so desperate your commenting on this stupid website

• Confused 4
  • Sad 2