How wide are your doorways?

Mrs and I went to a friend’s house where the husband/father was dying. When we arrived he’d been dead for a few minutes. Two girls and a young man were working most professionally, uncoupling his urine bag etc. I thought they might have been off-duty nurses but they were, in fact, his children. Most admirable work in distressing circumstances. Our community ‘undertakers’ arrived. Unfortunately, none of the external doorways were wide enough to admit the refrigeration unit. By this time the flies were swarming and father had to be covered with blankets. Builders working on the house next door agreed to assist. At that point we left. Mrs has since been measuring our doorways. Anyone with similar experience?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Bedroom and hallway door openings are 87cm, front door 102cm, hallways are 110cm.  We also have a double door entrance in the hallway connecting the two houses.  We asked for doors wide enough for wheelchair access to all bedrooms.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

Bedroom and hallway door openings are 87cm, front door 102cm, hallways are 110cm.  We also have a double door entrance in the hallway connecting the two houses.  We asked for doors wide enough for wheelchair access to all bedrooms.

Most sensible. Many thanks for your info! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

A very depressing subject.

My wife died in her sleep, in bed,  next to me at 04:00.

The doorways were wide enough for me to carry her to the car (to take her to hospital to see if they could revive her).

Getting her into the car was a totally different issue.

Very sorry for your loss and, of course, the most upsetting circumstances.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1