Lottery Chaos: Couple With Winning Number Fails To Get 30 Million Baht

webfact

31 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

My wife tells me that Thai news reports that they were uncontactable to receive the tickets, which were COD; they then did not contact the vendor again until after it was known that the numbers had hit the jackpot …

how were they feeling?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

The Thai lottery is a scam.  Winning tickets are distributed to chosen winners in advance of the draw- hi-sos only .  (This is my opinion based on the current level of corruption in every walk of Thai life.)  Until they adopt a similar system to digitally choosing your own numbers it will remain suspect.

I went to the horse races in CM. My friend got a tip from a thai guy sitting at the next table. He mentioned the winning horse, my friend put money on it and won.

It was probably rigged.

Edited by JimTripper

It is indeed a beautiful number.

If I had seen it for sale in the market or Bic C, I would have bought it. Not five though. Just one.

The number is 727202. I look at it like this, 72 72 02. Or even 727 202. 202 being our house number, but that would not have been of any significance in the big picture. I like those special numbers. There was a winner in last week's draw. 552255. Palindromic! They are the ones to go for.

I don't buy tickets online. Too risky. As these people found out.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Looks like a strong case, although using cash on delivery is a bit strange for lottery tickets

Why is COD a bit strange to you. I suspect that the buyers normally use cash at the point of sale for most other things. 

As they ordered online, COD would be perfectly normal.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
11 hours ago, webfact said:

they checked an online lottery vending webpage. There they were able to place an order for five tickets with this number, at cash on delivery.

Looks like a strong case

Looks as though it's a strong case for the vendor as they buyers didn't confirm their order and were not contactable and the numbers were sold to others!

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Why is COD a bit strange to you. I suspect that the buyers normally use cash at the point of sale for most other things. 

As they ordered online, COD would be perfectly normal.

The lottery results might come out before COD and so perhaps people don't bother paying, or maybe not a problem?

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, The Theory said:
18 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The tickets are duplicated by the GLO, that's why some winners get multiple jackpots

Jackpot of ฿0 

????????

For the punter in the OP, sure, but not if someone else bought those tickets with the winning number, as the OP also stated.

18 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
18 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why do you say that?  No one lost anything, the woman did not confirm her order nor pay for the tickets.  

it was a question, the poster said it was a fake website

I know it was, that's why I asked that poster why he suggested a fraudulent website.  It clearly wasn't judging from the OP's lack of such a suggestion.   Perhaps you have something that suggests that it may be a fraud?

18 hours ago, 2long said:
19 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, it is perfectly clear, what part of it do you not understand?

The sh*t grammar

Re-reading it, yes, I see the massively grave and oh, so, confusing grammatical error of simply using the word "received" instead of "receive".   I also see the irony of a grammar complainant posting "The sh*t grammar" as though that was a grammatical sentence.

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I know it was, that's why I asked that poster why he suggested a fraudulent website.  It clearly wasn't judging from the OP's lack of such a suggestion.   Perhaps you have something that suggests that it may be a fraud?

no point you keep asking the same question 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:
2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Expand  

no point you keep asking the same question 

Apart from my being able to ask anything I want here without the benefit of your august opinion as to whether my query had a point, I did not ask the same question.  He was suggesting/asking if it was a fraudulent site,  I asked him what made him suggest that...two very different questions.

On 10/3/2023 at 10:05 AM, Trippy said:

Have you ever actually watched the draw on TV? It's old school, but it's hard to believe it's all a set-up. 

It's hard to believe that RTP is the biggest mafia here or democracy is not allowed to give the people what they voted for or the present cabinet has so many members who should be disbarred or ...

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

It's hard to believe that RTP is the biggest mafia here or democracy is not allowed to give the people what they voted for or the present cabinet has so many members who should be disbarred or ...

so, that's a NO?