What's your opinion on this? Jordan Peterson on IQ

All manner of IQ tests have been thought up to correct perceived cultural and racial bias, but the worldwide results, which I am not going to post here, appear to be much the same for races, where ever they have been brought up. On average Chinese and Japanese get the best results , Caucasians next who you know who at the bottom. While it's fine to say that the you know who's are generally superior physically and excel at many sports such as athletics, to say they are just not as bright due to genetics only results in the old racism mud slinging. It's thought now that the lack of Neanderthal DNA in the you know who's is far more to blame than the usual excuses of poverty/racism/slavery.

Edited by proton
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, retarius said:

Decent women tend not to like pricks., I didn't mention it in case it demoralised him but Japanese women are very particular in this regard.

If one is intolerant of others, thinking that you are so much better and so much more intelligent, you are going to struggle with relationships. Relationships need to be based in reality…. which has a tendency to stick a spoke in the wheels of mere fantasy. 

Learning how to live in harmony with others can open up a world of possibilities.

Otherwise you are liable to get stuck in a very limited world of your own. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Jordan is very intelligent (>150), and he studied and worked in psychology for decades.

Nobody of us knows even 1% of what he knows.

What's the point of us arguing about what he says.

It's like arguing with Elon Musk how to optimize his rockets. Who wants to tell him how to make it better?

There are many roads to the same destination…

4 minutes ago, proton said:

All manner of IQ tests have been thought up to correct perceived cultural and racial bias, but the worldwide results, which I am not going to post here, appear to be much the same for races, where ever they have been brought up. On average Chinese and Japanese get the best results , Caucasians next who you know who at the bottom. While it's fine to say that the you know who's are generally superior physically and excel at many sports such as athletics, to say they are just not as bright due to genetics only results in the old racism mud slinging. It's thought now that the lack of Neanderthal DNA in the you know who's is far more to blame than the usual excuses of poverty/racism/slavery.

The spectrum is very wide.

Maybe you can say that Chinese or Japanese are in average more intelligent than maybe Europeans (maybe, I don't know). But by how much? Let's say it's 5%, which would be a lot. Then you still have a huge overlap of over average Europeans which are more intelligent than under average Chinese. So, any individual which we meet from any location or race might have a higher or lower IQ than us.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, proton said:

People exhibit their intellect in different ways. Different ways of understanding. Until you understand that, you won’t ever understand anything. You will die ignorant. 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

6 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Really?

Or did you make that up when you didn't score the test as you would have liked?

The last time I tested, it was a disappointing 144/5.  But I deliberately under-performed…. as was my wont. How about you?

5 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Some say they are smart due to their diet and all the fish they eat...seriously. We are what we eat. The stomach is the minds brain !

Yeah, sure, maybe in whatever world you occupy. 

Please send us a link from a reliable source with that information. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The spectrum is very wide.

Maybe you can say that Chinese or Japanese are in average more intelligent than maybe Europeans (maybe, I don't know). But by how much? Let's say it's 5%, which would be a lot. Then you still have a huge overlap of over average Europeans which are more intelligent than under average Chinese. So, any individual which we meet from any location or race might have a higher or lower IQ than us.

I forgot Jews of course, right up at the top as well. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

“‘Rabbit’s clever,’ said Pooh thoughtfully. ‘Yes,’ said Piglet, ‘Rabbit’s clever.’ ‘And he has Brain.’ ‘Yes,’ said Piglet, ‘Rabbit has Brain.’ There was a long silence. ‘I suppose,’ said Pooh, ‘that that’s why he never understands anything.‘”

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIHOHfTi3QA7SjInXpiof8Kyzs2r9mMzBZUpgdXxZY4TAbHj6p

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, retarius said:

Decent women tend not to like pricks., I didn't mention it in case it demoralised him but Japanese women are very particular in this regard.

You are saying Japanese women are very particular about their taste in pricks, and tend to not like pricks on the whole, no matter how small or demoralizing they may be?

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, observer90210 said:

"There is no difference between a astro-nuclear-physics-quantum scientist or a dishwasher,  when they are in love....(A. Einstein though I did change a bit the text ????).

But very often, the best advice and tips I got, were during the easy chat with a limo/taxi/car driver during the journey. And they were no rocket scientists either.

Sure there is. Alot of difference. What he meant is that both can be absolute idiots, if they are listening to the wrong voice or the small head too much. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, rumak said:

the above posts are a great example of what goes on when "smart" people get together. 

I try to avoid them 

Most of them were likely continually beaten by their short time companions at Connect 4…

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Sure there is. Alot of difference. What he meant is that both can be absolute idiots, if they are listening to the wrong voice or the small head too much. 

JP’s wife, a massage therapist..