Can you pay for a funeral in Chiang Mai through a private operator….?

mikey88

Hello,

Appreciate your advice and experience.

How do you organise a funeral service and cremation in Chiang Mai without going through a Temple…?

Are there private funeral operators here that will organise a secular cremation..

If so…..any idea of the cost…?

Thinking of a private cremation and a small service….not the full Buddhist temple ritual…

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On the basis that cremations seem to be organised by the family of the deceased it's probably going to be very difficult to find a funeral service that perform such duties. 

Consider finding a trusted friend who will help, and give them authority to carry out your wishes. You may need a lawyer to make it legal. 

There are some Christian churches that have cemeteries. If that is an option for you. 

Edited by CharlieKo
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, hadock said:

we used this company a few years ago...maybe they offer what you looking for

https://asiaone-thf.com/cremation-services/

They are fantastic with phone call and e-mail responses, but that was bringing a friend back from BKK forensics dealt with his embassy and registered his death at our Local Amphur colleted some clothes to dress him also to a KC temple, my missus organized the actual funeral. Well done Jane and your team. 

Edited by brianthainess
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Last year a made a cremation of a friend via a private company here in Chiang Mai 

It was a very basic one: Coffin, Pick up from the morgue to the burner. 

It included 4 monks did prayer before burning. 

B. 15.000

I found this company via a thai friend. If interested I can contact my friend again for a telephone number to the company. Only thai language. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, mikey88 said:

Hello,

Appreciate your advice and experience.

How do you organise a funeral service and cremation in Chiang Mai without going through a Temple…?

Are there private funeral operators here that will organise a secular cremation..

If so…..any idea of the cost…?

Thinking of a private cremation and a small service….not the full Buddhist temple ritual…

We recently went to friends funeral at a brand new temple. The crematorium had not yet been completed. Wood was stacked up in the temple grounds and the casket placed on top. Would it be possible to do a similar (but, in this case, DIY) cremation either on your own land or somewhere else with the landowners permission?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/3/2023 at 11:02 PM, CharlieKo said:

On the basis that cremations seem to be organised by the family of the deceased it's probably going to be very difficult to find a funeral service that perform such duties. 

Consider finding a trusted friend who will help, and give them authority to carry out your wishes. You may need a lawyer to make it legal. 

There are some Christian churches that have cemeteries. If that is an option for you. 

Thank you for your help….

• Confused 1

On 10/4/2023 at 2:46 PM, Sydebolle said:

Yes, they might do it but beware, it comes a platinum pricing and is a gold trove for those running it! 

Thank you….I appreciate the help…cheers…

• Confused 1