PM Vows To Keep Flooding And Drought ‘In Balance’

webfact

image.jpeg

PRIME MINISTER SRETTHA Thavisin today (Oct.3) pledged to see to it that the authorities will practically keep flooding and drought “in balance” to the extent that villagers, farmlands and other property be affected the least possible.

The prime minister said the flooding situation in the northern, northeastern, eastern and central regions which could probably be critical during a monsoon season will be immediately addressed by the authorities to keep farmers, farmlands and houses least affected by such a natural disaster whilst dams and reservoirs in the provinces will contain a sufficient volume of water for future uses.

Srettha said the authorities are yet to practically keep flooding and drought “in balance” either during rainy season or dry season in any agricultural, industrial and residential areas from now over the next six months.

Drought which damages farmlands might probably occur in some districts whereas flooding which wreaks havoc to villagers might take place in other districts of the same province at the same time.

By Thai Newsroom Reporters

TOP: Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin. Photo: Thai Rath

Full story: THAI NEWSROOM 2023-10-04

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

You see, I managed to trick thousands of people into buying small, overpriced, high profit condos, and got rich doing it. So, I have established power over nature, my dominion, and the universe. And now I am PM of the most powerful and important nation on earth. I am a master of my destiny and that of my nation. I am not talking about effective policy. I am talking about total control over nature. Watch, and learn.

• Haha 2

Now how can anyone 'vow' to outsmart nature? The berk. I seriously despise people who promise to do things that cannot possibly be done. 

I do know what he will do, he will form a committee, with some sub-committees to report on the problem but offer no solutions to Mother Nature's bounty. I am afraid the Thais have picked a halfwit for PM.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, retarius said:

Now how can anyone 'vow' to outsmart nature? The berk. I seriously despise people who promise to do things that cannot possibly be done. 

I do know what he will do, he will form a committee, with some sub-committees to report on the problem but offer no solutions to Mother Nature's bounty. I am afraid the Thais have picked a halfwit for PM.

Thais didn't pick him. the military in the senet picked him, now you know why. In 2021 they had the same amount of flooding up north the government (military) promised compensation to those affected. They got nothing. Plus, as of today 4th of Oct, 2023 most reservoirs are holding only 30%, 70% empty, of their capacity. Rama 9 told them when they were building them, that they were building them in the wrong places, but did they listen????????

• Like 1