We cancelled Thipmanee TV 6 months ago, but......

giddyup

We also have TPM and just got our renewal notice last week, the wife wants to cancel and said she needs to stop by their office with the house book, ID card and officially sign cancelation paperwork.

If you didn't do that, you might be getting a bill in the future.

• Like 1

Just now, bbko said:

We also have TPM and just got our renewal notice last week, the wife wants to cancel and said she needs to stop by their office with the house book, ID card and officially sign cancelation paperwork.

If you didn't do that, you might be getting a bill in the future.

We advised them twice, and they acknowledged the cancellation. AFAIK you can't pay by the month or even enter into an agreement without a contact. I know with 3BB we have a contract for internet, guaranteed if I didn't make the monthly payment the service would be stopped and we'd be asked to pay for the time remaining on the contract.

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Just rang them again, they know we cancelled 6 months ago, said not to worry about it, they will disconnect when they get around to it, and we will not be asked to pay 1 satang for the extra service. So, my conscience is clear.

You need confirmation of the cancelation on paper / email by them. A phone call proofs nothing.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

Just rang them again, they know we cancelled 6 months ago, said not to worry about it, they will disconnect when they get around to it, and we will not be asked to pay 1 satang for the extra service.

If a Thai on the phone said it, you will never receive a bill for it in the future. 

The Thai spoken word, not worth the paper it wasn't written on. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yeah, a pal of mine cancelled and stopped paying for his cable TV and they took their merry time coming round to cut the wires.... 

Same with me. Just the way Thais do business - in an un-businesslike way. Works in our favour, for a change.

21 hours ago, giddyup said:

Just rang them again, they know we cancelled 6 months ago, said not to worry about it, they will disconnect when they get around to it, and we will not be asked to pay 1 satang for the extra service. So, my conscience is clear.

Thats what true vision told me over the phone, yet they are still sending messages that i owe B300, which I don't. I only have the PL package and that is paid for in full for the year. Customer service will tell you anything to get rid of you.

On 10/6/2023 at 7:55 PM, giddyup said:

A telephone agreement has no legal relevance!

• Thumbs Up 1