ISRAEL IS AT WAR !

Social Media

7 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

But there (apparently) were rockets being fired from next to the church, 

No, it was much worse. 

So, Palestine is guilty of war crimes, yes?

Apparently? 

Yes, a terrorist attack is maybe worse than some war crimes. 

Probably. 2 wrongs don't make a right. 

Do you agree Israel is committing war crimes? If not, I'd love to hear why! 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

First sentence talks about "...the occupied Gaza Strip..", The Gaza has not been occupied for 15-20 years, so no, why would I bother reading it, much less agree with it? 

?? 

I guess you say Israel is not breaking war law? 

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Apparently? 

Yes, unlike you, I do not state as fact things I am unsure of. Israel claims they were shooting at a nearby hamas site and missed. I have no reason to not believe them. Israel gains nothing by bombing a church full of civilians and looses a lot. 

Yes, a terrorist attack is maybe worse than some war crimes. 

Absolutely worse than any war crime. 

Probably. 2 wrongs don't make a right. 

Wow, that's really strong.

Do you agree Israel is committing war crimes? If not, I'd love to hear why! 

I think some of the strikes could be judged war crimes. Unlike hamas/Paelstine, I do not think they are intestinally committing war crimes continuously.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Is bombing churches one of their obligations? 

Do you agree this is a war crime? 

Saw a very sad video of one man whose 3 children were killed here. 

39 minutes ago, rabas said:

How to say you didn't listen without saying it?  Post off topic  propaganda video from youtube. 

Paid for by the government that shelters the head of Hamas. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_Saint_Porphyrius_airstrike#Airstrike

"In an initial statement the IDF stated that Israeli fighter jets had hit a nearby command and control centre that was being used by Hamas to attack Israel".

Israel seems to have taken responsibility for the attack. Whether or not it violated international law is investigated. I'd say that's a tad better than the Palestinians denials in the hospital case. Mistakes happen - question is how they are addressed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Yes, unlike you, I do not state as fact things I am unsure of. Israel claims they were shooting at a nearby hamas site and missed. I have no reason to not believe them. Israel gains nothing by bombing a church full of civilians and looses a lot. 

I think some of the strikes could be judged war crimes. Unlike hamas/Paelstine, I do not think they are intestinally committing war crimes continuously.  

5 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

OK, so they are committing war crimes by mistake. At least you don't say Israel can do no wrong, like some here. 

What did I state as fact? 

Why the terrorist element of Hamas committed that vile attack, it wasn't a war crime. 

Unless you say they were already at war, then they didn't start this conflict. 

Are Hamas a state? 

Non-states allegedly can't commit war crimes. 

https://www.dw.com/en/what-constitutes-a-war-crime/a-60989316

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Yagoda said:

We should leave the Neo Nazis with their lefty loon antiamericanism/antisemitism/antiwest aside in this discussion and start looking at the geopolitical aspects, viz:

1. Iran stands in the way of Pan-Turkism

2. Israel is worth more to Turkey than Hamas

3. Israel is a strong ally of Azerbaijan

4. Azerbaijan is a Turkic nation, secular Muslim too.

5. 35% (I think) of Iran is Azeri.

6. Both Turkey and Azerbaijan have Nato aspirations

Whatever Turkey does will be with the foregoing in mind.

Turkey's policies, especially foreign and security seem to be more about Erdogan than the country's interest. His not-so-secret superpower is to get into fights and disagreements with everyone (in turn, there's a cycle thing). Right now he might be invested in Israel, but that could change very quickly. Also, he sometimes gets into one of them fiery speeches, starting a mess with someone in the region, then finds himself committed to a new course of action. 

I treat this as an anecdote, and perhaps a demonstration of how these notion of 'the Muslim world' don't hold.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Is bombing churches one of their obligations? 

Do you agree this is a war crime? 

Saw a very sad video of one man whose 3 children were killed here. 

Here's the church, it was a strike by mistake on a building next door. image source Try another source for your information.

Could contain:

• Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Most importantly of course, is to not forget to change one's opinion when the evidence shows that one is wrong.

Indeed. As Israel continue to kill innocent people, surely they will change their Israel can do no wrong because the US and UK support them attitude 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Piers is a snake and was he unbiased when he faked British Troops torturing/humiliating supposedly captured Iraqis, which incidentally led to his sacking from The Daily Mirror. 🥴

I've no idea about his past, he is unbiased in this interview, did you watch it? 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Wobblybob said:

No I didn't watch, just the same as I wouldn't poke red hot needles in my eyes, Morgan is a liar and why would anyone want to listen to a proven liar unless he is saying things they want to hear!

He is asking questions, you are missing a good interview. Better to listen to both sides in this conflict, you don't make peace with your friends, as Martin McGuiness wisely said.