ISRAEL IS AT WAR !

Social Media

On 11/5/2023 at 8:18 PM, Morch said:

I'm not interested in your point scoring. I've made a post giving you some pointers as to why I'm not overly impressed by polls presented, and why I do not have blind faith in them the way you seem to. What you offer in response is more of the same, plus some dodging of issues and points raised.

I've addressed the same 'questions' you put up now on recent previous comments. As usual, you insist on pretending things weren't already discussed.

The Palestinians could have chosen many different ways, many different paths - what it comes down to is that both leadership and people assumed a rather passive stance. You want to claim they had no choice? There's no good reasoning for that unless one allows for things mentioned in my previous post. You're just doing the same old free pass thing.

The only way which you could support your view is by allowing some dissonance between their supposed pro-peace  stance, and a supposed sense that efforts would be futile. That would rob your argument of whatever little force it had, and ultimately go towards my original claim about not being ready and willing.

As for your remarks on oppression - you've read a couple of articles and you think you 'grasp' things? Seriously? You've no idea. Considering you can't discuss anything related beyond what you can pull from polls or a quick Goggle search, I'm not very impressed.

And why should there be a dissonance? It was and is clearly up to the Israelis as being the ones continually oppressing the Palestinians, to put at least a pause to their exploitation to signal their good will.

What paths would anyone expect them to follow given Israeli exploitation and dispossession. You seem to be under the impression that governments can lead their people in a way that is anathema to them.

Actually, you yourself explicitly acknowledged the issue of Palestinian oppression by the Israelis. 

And I've read a few articles? I've been following this since the mid 70's. Did I get it wrong when I said that that Israelis impose one set of laws on the Palestinians and another far more permissive set on the Palestinians? Did I get it wrong when I said that the Israelis routinely dispossess Palestinians of the homes? Did I get it wrong when I said that when  Palestinian commits an act of terrorism his home gets blown up but when a settler does that, not so much? Did I get it wrong when I wrote the Israel allows Israeli farmers to drill wells deeper than it allows the Palestians? Did I get it wrong when I wrote that Israelis make economic development much more difficult for Palestinians than they do for Israelis?

And why should there be a dissonance? As, I've pointed out, It was and is clearly up to the Israelis as being the ones continually oppressing the Palestinians, to put at least a pause to their exploitation to signal their good will. Ya think that's ever going to happen?

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

What paths would anyone expect them to follow given Israeli exploitation and dispossession. You seem to be under the impression that governments can lead their people in a way that is anathema to them.

Actually, you yourself explcitily acknowledges the issue of Palestinian oppression by the Israelis. 

And I've read a few articles? I've been following this since the mid 70's. Did I get it wrong when I said that that Israelis impose one set of laws on the Palestinians and another far more permissive set on the Palestinians? Did I get it wrong when I said that the Israelis routinely dispossess Palestinians of the homes? Did I get it wrong when I said that when  Palestinian commits an act of terrorism his home gets blown up but when a settler does that, not so much? Did I get it wrong when I wrote the Israel allows Israeli farmers to drill wells deeper than it allows the Palestians? Did I get it wrong when I wrote that Israelis make economic development much more difficult for Palestinians than they do for Israelis?

And why should there be a dissonance? As, I've pointed out, It was and is clearly up to the Israelis as being the ones continually oppressing the Palestinians, to put at least a pause to their exploitation to signal their good will. Ya think that's ever going to happen?

What has this got to do with with this Thread

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Actually, you yourself explicitly acknowledged the issue of Palestinian oppression by the Israelis. 

Address points I make before hijacking the conversation and insisting on answers to what you wish to talk about.

Also, I believe I have already commented on much that you posted - either in these topics, or in the past.

I don't care how long you claim to have been following what - I consider what you post, and I'm still not impressed.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

Well there will no Heaven for the Hamas Butchers what awaits them is Satan welcoming these Animals.

Sounds like something taken from a talk by one of them settler rabbi(ts).

On the flip side, if one changes 'Hamas' with 'IDF' then it got that mullah ring to it.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

Address points I make before hijacking the conversation and insisting on answers to what you wish to talk about.

Also, I believe I have already commented on much that you posted - either in these topics, or in the past.

I don't care how long you claim to have been following what - I consider what you post, and I'm still not impressed.

Well, if the degree of how impressed or not you were was an objective thing, I'd be seriously concerned. As it is, I'd say your level of self-regard is a tad ridiculous and more than a tad sad. Or maybe it's more than a tad ridiculous and just a tad sad. I'll check the calibration on my impressionmeter and get back to you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Well, if the degree of how impressed or not you were was an objective thing, I'd be seriously concerned. As it is, I'd say your level of self-regard is a tad ridiculous and more than a tad sad. Or maybe it's more than a tad ridiculous and just a tad sad. I'll check the calibration on my impressionmeter and get back to you.

Waffle.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Clearly, you didn't understand what I wrote so let me put it another way: get over yourself. Your degree of conviction or lack thereof has no objective value. It's not an intellectually respectable piece of evidence nor argument. 

Clearly, you're not about to address points I made, but insist I address yours.

I think that's an objective assessment.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

This post is a tad ridiculous...but "to each their own".

• Like 1

This is why Civilians are being killed in Air Raids. Hamas don't care about them they are only used as Shields. Mosques, Schools, Hospitals anywhere they can fire Rockets into Israel. IDF need to surround and secure these sites and then target Hamas. They have no intention of freeing the Hostages.

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, paddypower said:

clever boy: when you reach my age late 70s you will find that you're lucky to have just a handful of REAL friends. Interestingly enough none of them are on Aseannow or facebook. mine include an atheistic, a Jew a Catholic, a gay couple and the american fellow who saved us in the tsunami (which would make him a Christian) . . so buzz off smarty pants.

Well dude, when you hit my age (70s), and as an American, you continue your longstanding tradition of not caring about the background of your friends. After all, in my world, there are two types of folks, Yanks and Not Yanks. Now some of my best friends arent Yanks, but Im ecumenical.

That being said, in this instance, there are two types of people in my world. Folks that stand with the good old USA against terrorism, antisemitism, neo nazism, anti Americanism and those that don't. Remember, this wasnt just an attack on Israel, but an attack on US citizens too

Edited by Yagoda

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Limousines, villas and jets. Hamas leaders lead the luxurious life of billionaires

Many see the Gaza sector as a symbol of the suffering and poverty of Palestinians. More than 2 million people live on the tiny coastline, 39% of whom do not have a job. However, there are several hundred dollar millionaires among them. These are Hamas leaders who live in luxurious villas, brag about limousines on social networks and stay in the most expensive hotels. BILD has collected the main ones:

Ismail Haniya, 61 years old. The leader of Hamas and the head of the Gaza government has been living abroad since 2019. A father of 13 children leads militants from luxurious hotels in Qatar and Turkey. He travels between Tehran, Istanbul, Moscow and Cairo on a private jet. His son Maaz is a big real estate owner in Gaza, where he is called the "father of houses". In Turkey, he is often seen with women and alcohol, which is against the laws of Islam. The estimated wealth of the Haniya family is $ 2.5 billion.

Khaled Mashal, 67 years old. Former head of the Hamas Politburo fled from Damascus to Qatar with 1.5 billion dollars in 2012. He now controls the real estate and finances of the Doha group.

Musa Abu Marzuk, 72 years old. Hamas is the second most significant leader in charge of international relations. He lived 14 years in the USA, where six of his children were born. His health is estimated at $ 2 billion.

Eunis Kafiche, 67 years old. He is responsible for the finances of Hamas, he lives in Istanbul. The President of Turkey issued him a Turkish passport under the name Hashmet Aslan. On behalf of Hamas, a construction company works there, earning about 2 million euros in 2022.

"HAMAS has accumulated enormous wealth and resources from secret real estate deals, while the Gaza sector further destabilizes, plunging into terrible poverty and economic ruin," says US Assistant Secretary of the Treasury Elizabeth Rosenberg.

Could contain:

Interesting.