Teen Shooter’s Dad Bows At The Feet Of Myanmar Victim’s Mother

webfact

I don’t think you can stuff much money in an envelope wealthy or not.

Perhaps he should of made more of an effort to offset his son’s next terms US$ 4,000 to the victims, as we all know cash is king here when there’s an unjust death in the family.

• Sad 2

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

She took it I believe. I think you are being harsh... he made some attempt at contrition, in a way usual in this part of the world. Have we seen similar from the Red Bull owners?

Red Bull had to pay the cops and the judiciary a lot of money. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, twizzian said:

I don’t think you can stuff much money in an envelope wealthy or not.

Perhaps he should of made more of an effort to offset his son’s next terms US$ 4,000 to the victims, as we all know cash is king here when there’s an unjust death in the family.

Perhaps you "should of" read the link.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

There is a such thing as the art of parenting, and it has become a lost art for 90% of the world's parents. 

I don't think it's anywhere near that amount. Just the fact that Thailand leads the world in children raised by grandparents, over 35%, with no other nations coming anywhere near that, shows why many children go wrong here. Granted, as a few have said, two children can be raised, lovingly, in a two parent home without abuse or neglect, and one can grow to be a teacher, professional or honest laborer, and the other can be a criminal who has gone wild because of the company they kept outside the home. Most people want to do the best for their children, although parenting is the hardest job anyone can have. Many problems do come from absent or abusive, neglective parenting. Some are born with sociopathic or psychopathic tendencies, but it's a small percentage. most of the bad behavior comes from environment, either at home or with peers. My own daughter got herself in a lot of trouble, even though all along I told her to stay away from older boys who I could see were not "right". She eventually found a great boyfriend, later husband, who I'm proud to have as a son in law, and she told me she should have listened to me all along, as I was right about the previous boyfriends. My son never got into any trouble, went to college, and has his pilot's license now, and is settled with a great partner. The others are doing okay also, with the exception of one daughter that lives with my ex, who has been having trouble ever since she went to live with her at 19. You can do a good job parenting, and they can go haywire, all because they didn't listen to your advice on picking friends.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, 2baht said:

Us slobs have obviously trained our sons better than this guy did, but hey, a few thousand baht makes it ok? Maybe, just maybe he did'nt either!!! ????

So you never had a kid with mental issues, try thinking outside your box.....????

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 2baht said:

Were the families of the Tak Bai massacre and the war on drugs compensated?

No they were not - so we can conclude that the father in this instance has acted far better than previous governments right? 

I am curious how you if placed in the same situation as this man would react? And what would you say to the parents? 

Please do not say I have brought my son / daughter up better so it would never happen. What would you do or say if (heaven forbid) your kids killed someone in similar circumstances? 

6 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Totally disagree with your comment re good/bad parenting.

My mother treated both my sister and I the same .

I respect the law, never hit people (especially women) and try to be polite to everyone.

My sister is a criminal. Wanted by the police and when I caught her stealing cash from our mother and grandmother I kicked her out of the house. We never saw her again.

Some people just grow up bad. It is usually from the people that they mix with. Social media now is a BIG influence on kids.

People forget the innocent victims of crimes like this one. Parents, siblings, children etc.

I am not judging this kid's parents, but they will be hurting as well. Not the same as the family of the poor women who died, but they will still be hurting.

Nature vs Nurture as the old adage goes. 

15 hours ago, thecyclist said:

Red Bull had to pay the cops and the judiciary a lot of money. 

True, but I have not seen any wais or kow-tow, and they still supply their son with plenty as he runs around the world freely. 

• Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, SmartyMarty said:

She turned it down. Now how much better do you feel for posting rubbish?

However Khin Win refused to accept it and through a Myanmar translator said: “Money in this envelope cannot be compared to the life of my daughter.”

She added that she was not angry with him because she realised he was as sad as she was.

She then patted his head with her hand amid the mournful atmosphere at the funeral pavilion crowded with guests because it was the last night of the prayers.

Seems that the poor Burmese lady was not overwhelmed by the father's prostration and offer of cash and has found herself a Thai lawyer (contingency fees I guess) to file criminal and civil charges against her daughter's murderer and his parents. With the parents as co-defendants in a civil case, they will be liable for whatever damages are awarded against their son and may be ordered to pay damages in their own right. How could they not notice that little Indy had live ammo stacked around in his bedroom? Did they never do in there or did they let him stay alone in the condo in Sathorn and never visit?  Who took him to the firing range which would definitely to allow a 14 year to shoot unaccompanied by an adult?  Still no answers to these questions.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2023 at 1:36 PM, 2baht said:

Us slobs have obviously trained our sons better than this guy did, but hey, a few thousand baht makes it ok? Maybe, just maybe he did'nt either!!! ????

Not all of you. Hopefully they have more compassion than you slobs have shown through your comments 

• Like 1

On 10/9/2023 at 4:59 AM, TheFishman1 said:

He bowed and gave cash. I guess all is forgiven, TIT

It is a form of compensation. The children here generally take care of their ageing parents. Now that the daughter is dead, that is one less source of financial support for the old mother. It's perfectly inline with how they do things here. 

In many other countries, she'd have to sue to get compensation, no? 

I can only assume that he recognizes that his family has wronged her and must now try to alleviate the financial burden. 

On 10/9/2023 at 5:57 AM, sammieuk1 said:

Now how much better does she feel after feeling the girth of the envelope ????

However Khin Win refused to accept it and through a Myanmar translator said: “Money in this envelope cannot be compared to the life of my daughter.”