Certificate of Residence Documents

I understand I need to submit a TM18 form plus:

1. Passport plus copy of photo page 

2. Copy of visa / current extension of stay

3. Copy of TM6 Departure Card (as I still have a current one)

4. 2 x Passport size photos

5. Copy of my blue book/(condominium title deeds showing my name)

6. Copy of receipt of address notification

I have been advised Hua Hin Immigration now require a few days to process the Certificate of Residence. Previously you could get it there and then. 

Presumably you have to leave your passport with Immigration whilst the Certificate of Residence is being processed? 

32 minutes ago, skorts said:

Presumably you have to leave your passport with Immigration whilst the Certificate of Residence is being processed? 

No.

The list of docs depends on the immigration office.

For example CW want a TM47.

A TM18 is for those that have permanent resident status.

Have a look at this one.

https://aseannow.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=439173

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

No.

The list of docs depends on the immigration office.

For example CW want a TM47.

A TM18 is for those that have permanent resident status.

Have a look at this one.

https://aseannow.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=439173 48.26 kB · 1885 downloads

Thank you so much for the link DrJack54 - perfect!

Why do you not check TM1234.5678? 

Sooooo many alien, dirty farang and other ATM-machines on two feet are sick and tired of this bureaucratic manure. The straw breaking the camel's back is in the taxation cloud the boys on weed are dreaming of - combined with the landing tax upon arrival. 

For how stupid does the official Thailand think all those non-Thais are? 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I had to have every page of my passport even the blank ones photocopied twice. Plus every other document photocopied twice ie 3 copies of each. .It took 5 days with the weekend in between.......top class customer service. Before the new efficient service you could wander up some stairs at the back of the building and walk out with Certificate in hand in 15 minutes. The country is going to the dogs......the sci dogs not the pedigrees, although I imagine the elite think they are pedigrees.

• Haha 1

I got my Residence certificate right this morning.

In the case it could be helpful for someone, these are the today requirements in Phuket :

- To fill a request form availble at immigration

- One assport size picture

- Passport original

- Copy of first page, present visa extension and last stamp of entry

- TM6 (if available)

- Screenshot printing of last residence notification

In the case two certificates are needed, like for driving license, no need to duplicate the papers.

300 baht each certificate

15 minutes waiting time

Edited by federicoP
Complete the information
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/12/2023 at 5:12 PM, BritTim said:

... which is a bit problematic when your embassy does not issue them.

so.. thai immigration doesnt issue it.. ok

they dont let your embassy know? OR when 10000s people go to the embassy and tell them what the IO told them and they dont act?

i think thats more problematic.

33 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

so.. thai immigration doesnt issue it.. ok

they dont let your embassy know? OR when 10000s people go to the embassy and tell them what the IO told them and they dont act?

i think thats more problematic.

Since, officially, immigration offices are supposed to issue residence certificates (and most do) it is a bit difficult to insist that your embassy provide them because of a few rogue offices. That said, regardless of whether immigration offers them, it is hard to understand why, for instance, the British embassy that used to provide them discontinued that service (except that they have, generally, terminated most of their support for British nationals in Thailand, and are being consistent).

10 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Since, officially, immigration offices are supposed to issue residence certificates (and most do) it is a bit difficult to insist that your embassy provide them because of a few rogue offices. That said, regardless of whether immigration offers them, it is hard to understand why, for instance, the British embassy that used to provide them discontinued that service (except that they have, generally, terminated most of their support for British nationals in Thailand, and are being consistent).

ok...