Working class Brits struggling, small business swamped with mountains of paperwork, economy tanking. Did the politicians botch the implementation pf Brexit?

Goat

3 minutes ago, schweizer said:

Its another deja vu moment from Goat, do you spend your hours Googling ways to dislike the English, I would suggest therapy you will be so much happier

Indeed, very strange, I think its the 40 years of trawling girlie bars has caught up with him...????

41 minutes ago, Dionigi said:

That is my objection. where is the democracy? you have a non elected leader just like he is a dictator.

The members of the winning party elect the PM normally.

In places if the public vote for a leader they are voting for a President.

Edited by Jumbo1968
Edit

On 10/9/2023 at 11:23 AM, georgegeorgia said:

Australia can't get plumbers and other tradies 

I had to wait weeks for a plumber recently,I found a British plumber tourist here,(Sydney )on a 2 week holiday install my bathroom vanity for cash , he was happy and half the cost of a Aussie plumber who wanted $450 to install a bathroom vanity !!

If there's any tradies from other countries please come to Australia on a tourist visa and work for cash ,we need you !!

There are certain websites that when they call a plumber they arrive within 15 minutes and they do perform more than just plumbing!

22 hours ago, Jackbenimble said:

The UK is arguablt the most ratially tolerant and diversive country there is. 

Watch the video. It was the main reason the people interviwed gave for voting to leave.

18 hours ago, transam said:

An Aussie starting a Brexit thread, is this another of your British pokes, why not, why is your dollar exchange rate cr@p.................????

So when i visit Australia with my baht that i passively make here for doing very little and pay a very low rate of tax on I get more bang for my dollar.

Its a beautiful thing.

You make it sound like I am revelling in the misery of the Brits in the OP. 

It brings a tear to my eye mate, they are doing it bloody hard mate.

Maybe we could start a gofundme?

1 hour ago, jvs said:

There are certain websites that when they call a plumber they arrive within 15 minutes and they do perform more than just plumbing!

have you got a number.

Mum would be interested in that.

3 minutes ago, Goat said:

So when i visit Australia with my baht that i passively make here for doing very little and pay a very low rate of tax on I get more bang for my dollar.

Its a beautiful thing.

You make it sound like I am revelling in the misery of the Brits in the OP. 

It brings a tear to my eye mate, they are doing it bloody hard mate.

Maybe we could start a gofundme?

Why no thread from you on your sinking dollar, you ain't had an Aussexit have you...?   ????

5 minutes ago, transam said:

Says an Aussie who searched long and hard for a video to suit his own anti-Brit agenda....................????

Being from wealth I follow the financial news. So I didnt search hard. 

It appears you were lied to. Problem is Joe Public has very little economic knowledge, and were tricked.

Beautiful mane eh.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Goat said:

Being from wealth I follow the financial news. So I didnt search hard. 

It appears you were lied to. Problem is Joe Public has very little economic knowledge, and were tricked.

Beautiful mane eh.

I wasn't lied to Mr.Aussie, now tell us about your dollar problem, was it because of Brexit......?  ????

1 minute ago, transam said:

Why no thread from you on your sinking dollar, you ain't had an Aussexit have you...?   ????

My wealth is hedged against currency fluctuations. 

It simply isnt an issue for me. The rich get richer. I come from the land of plenty.

Australians are the richest people in the world, with a median wealth three times that of the average American, a new report has shown.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/money/wealth/average-aussie-three-times-richer-than-average-american/news-story/78239e23d281ac833e40ca78d1b9df08

For an Aussie to whine about being poor like the Brits would be a bit off wouldnt it?

This is a thread about the poor English battlers that were sold a dud that hasnt delivered and will never deliver.

Sadly.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-01-31/brexit-is-costing-the-uk-100-billion-a-year-in-lost-output#xj4y7vzkg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Goat said:

My wealth is hedged against currency fluctuations. 

It simply isnt an issue for me. The rich get richer. I come from the land of plenty.

Australians are the richest people in the world, with a median wealth three times that of the average American, a new report has shown.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/money/wealth/average-aussie-three-times-richer-than-average-american/news-story/78239e23d281ac833e40ca78d1b9df08

For an Aussie to whine about being poor like the Brits would be a bit off wouldnt it?

This is a thread about the poor English battlers that were sold a dud that hasnt delivered and will never deliver.

Sadly.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-01-31/brexit-is-costing-the-uk-100-billion-a-year-in-lost-output#xj4y7vzkg

Not interested in your personal stuff, now try not to dodge my question again, has your Aussie dollar collapsed because of Brexit.....?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

Not interested in your personal stuff, now try not to dodge my question again, has your Aussie dollar collapsed because of Brexit.....?

Gawd. Explaining basic economics.

The Australian dollar is lower because we have lower inflation than the Brits. You have higher interest rates to attempt to control your high inflation so smart people like me take our money and put it into countries where interest rates are higher. Which further forces up the currency.

So I get a higher interest rate and another win as the currency increases. Its a win win. Both wins for me. It takes me less than two minutes.

I get that you probably will not get it, most people dont, and they end up poor, end up in long queues doing visa runs in the hot sun under pink umbrellas in third world countries.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, proton said:

Australia Fair ????

You always get lazy and or stupid, or people who cant manage their finances complaining they havent got it as good as the 7 in 8.

Lowest unemployment rate for decades in Aus. 

Get a job you bludger.

Trust me mate, nobody is starving in the land of plenty.

48 minutes ago, Goat said:

Seems to be a lot of denial over there.

Seems to be a lot of denial on your side too, looking diligently for videos that support your one sided view does not make you right, its just an opinion, as for your racial paradise of Australia how is the Aboriginal equal rights vote going, didn’t notice any Xenophobic comments from your average Aussie ????

Truth is if you look hard enough you can find something to support any argument , doesn’t make you right, just makes it your opinion

And for you the grass will always be blue

Edited by schweizer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Goat said:

Gawd. Explaining basic economics.

The Australian dollar is lower because we have lower inflation than the Brits. You have higher interest rates to attempt to control your high inflation so smart people like me take our money and put it into countries where interest rates are higher. Which further forces up the currency.

So I get a higher interest rate and another win as the currency increases. Its a win win. Both wins for me. It takes me less than two minutes.

I get that you probably will not get it, most people dont, and they end up poor, end up in long queues doing visa runs in the hot sun under pink umbrellas in third world countries.

Nice try............????

30 minutes ago, transam said:

Now tell us about your countries problems...????

Unemployment is too low for businesses to find workers.

It is sunny so we have high skin cancer rates.

A lot of manufacturering has moved offshore because we have the highest minimum wage in the world.

I cant think of any others. I think that is all there is.

• Haha 1