Testereone fanatics

georgegeorgia

9 hours ago, JensenZ said:

Thinking too much about sex is like missing the forest for the trees.

Symptoms of low testosterone:

1. Brain fog

2. Lack of energy and drive

3. Indecisiveness

4. Listlessness

5. Depression

6. Irritability

7. Low sense of well-being

8. Low libido

9. Loss of muscle mass

10. Poor quality of sleep

Accepting low testosterone is giving up on life.

That's good I have none of those 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I know I have problems,but it's going to be too late to stop 

If I stop the injections I will get tired and depressed

I stopped once ,it's like a heroin addict hanging out for a injection

Once you start this testereone there no going back ,I regret I really do 

What about just going cold turkey and working out like this guy?

Accept getting older or the way you feel. Accept failure. Charge through it whatever it is (Arnold explains it at the end of the video).

Edited by JimTripper
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

What about just going cold turkey and working out like this guy?

Accept getting older or the way you feel. Accept failure. Charge through it whatever it is (Arnold explains it at the end of the video).

Well, Arnold is not really a good example. He has used steroids all life long.

On 10/27/2023 at 5:18 PM, JimTripper said:

i gave up lifting weights at about 50 years old. no muscle gains and body fat increasing much faster, so why do it?

Worst time to give it up.

Evidently you were already maxed out and ripped as Arnold. Even so, there's maintenance and metabolic health to consider. "Gainz" are for young men hoping to impress babes.

Still, if you aren't maxed out (5 years of serious training, roughly), you can still gain muscle and more importantly strength to be maintained to slow your progress towards frailty and chronic disease. Your body fat increased for dietary reasons and body composition declined party for lack of strength training.

To stay healthy in old age, research finds building muscles is key

13 Benefits of Strength Training for People Older Than 50

Metabolic Syndrome and Sarcopenia

The association of resistance training with mortality: A systematic review and meta-analysis

On 10/27/2023 at 5:18 PM, JimTripper said:

if you're over 50 looking for muscle gains is it worth it? or maybe you just like a tough challenge (but no need for testosterone for that).

Yes. No, "like" has nothing to do with it. Do you "like" brushing your teeth?

On 10/28/2023 at 2:48 PM, JimTripper said:

i'm always gasping like a fish out of water.

Most likely owing to a lack of aerobic fitness and hence low VO2max. One can become fit via swimming, but few will push themselves to the intensity needed to do so. Not to say it isn't better than nothing. You can publish all your numbers and meds (as @scubascuba3and I have, both needing no meds), and we can take a look.

Some time ago a member was sneering at guys lifting weights in a gym as he touted his own smarter, genteel exercise, swimming. Turned out, after a long back-and-forth, that he's actually just an old fat keyboard warrior on meds, now paddles around in a pool sometimes like the old guys in my condo building. No doubt he remembers past glories.

Edited by BigStar
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Worst time to give it up.

Evidently you were already maxed out and ripped as Arnold. Even so, there's maintenance and metabolic health to consider. "Gainz" are for young men hoping to impress babes.

Still, if you aren't maxed out (5 years of serious training, roughly), you can still gain muscle and more importantly strength to be maintained to slow your progress towards frailty and chronic disease. Your body fat increased for dietary reasons and body composition declined party for lack of strength training.

To stay healthy in old age, research finds building muscles is key

13 Benefits of Strength Training for People Older Than 50

Metabolic Syndrome and Sarcopenia

Yes. No, "like" has nothing to do with it. Do you "like" brushing your teeth?

Most likely owing to a lack of aerobic fitness and hence low VO2max. One can become fit via swimming, but few will push themselves to the intensity needed to do so. Not to say it isn't better than nothing. Some time ago a member was sneering at guys lifting weights in a gym as he touted his own smarter, genteel exercise, swimming. Turned out, after a long back-and-forth, that he's actually just an old fat keyboard warrior on meds, now paddles around in a pool sometimes (like the old guys in my condo building). No doubt he remembers past glories.

i don't like weights anymore. it's not something i enjoy doing. i never liked gyms unless they were outside and there's nobody "waiting to use the machine". still, i used to go. that part of my life is likely in the past.

the swimming stuff is a little "iffy" like you say, especially in a small condo pool, but i need to work with what's available. the guys at my condo just stand in the water, no laps. sometimes i don't want to use the pool because of that. i guess someday i will be real old just standing in the pool 🤷🏻‍♂️ and eating at the big c food court and living in a small room at nirun condo's in pattaya.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

And  opposite can cause same effects , my tits started to grow , I had lethargy, I had to cut down ,my doctor told me to stop the testereone injection, prostate enlargement can lead to cancer he said yesterday

Blood pressure going down with medication 

Now slow peeing for some reason , probably prostate 

I have now 250ml injection monthly ,I will see how it goes 

I'm addicted to it ,I need that pump in the gym , I would take more if I could but the anti estrogen medicine I would have to take which made me so tired , I just take the testereone sometimes I'm in a rage at the gym at 62 lifting heavy but it wears off after a few weeks I need more 

If I stop posting you will know I have had a heart attack like my friend did in Pattaya last December, he got his weight up so much ,too much testereone doing powerlifting, RIP D 💜

Lifting heavy is not the way you should be training when you're in your 60s. Training smart, using lighter weights to work the muscles hard in a higher rep range, and considering safety first is the way to do it. It's very easy to make lighter weights feel heavy and not risk injury. 

Once a month is not the way to do it as I've repeated ad nauseam. It's a disgrace that doctors recommend this, just to help people avoid regular injections. They probably don't know any better. You'll end up with levels too high for a few days to a week, and then too low for the rest of the month. Bear in mind that the monthly 250 mg injections have already shut down your own production completely, so you'll have levels of a girl for much of the month with no production of your own. Frequent low-dose injections will more closely mimic the body's natural production. I would venture to say that once a month is worse than nothing at all. It's pointless.

I need to stress that I'm talking about TRT here, not PED for sports. I'm not surprised when I hear about powerlifters and weightlifters having heart attacks when they get older. I've known a few people who died too, and some not very old. Most are very unfit, resting for most of their workouts between heavy lifts. That's a lot of stress on the heart, with little circulatory benefits. If there's an arterial blockage somewhere, you might be toast on a heavy lift one day. If your blood pressure is high, the chances are even greater. Low to moderate-intensity cardio is important when you get older. Personally, I split my weekly exercise regime to about 50% cardio, and 50% weights. The weights are moderate, in the 8 - 25 rep range. It's still hard work, but lighter with a focus on how the muscle is working rather than how much it is lifting. If you've been lifting weights for 50 years as I have, you'll discover there's no way around it - you're going to get weaker with age, whether you're on TRT or not. The TRT and smart exercise just slow down the deterioration.

46 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

i don't like weights anymore. it's not something i enjoy doing. i never liked gyms unless they were outside and there's nobody "waiting to use the machine".

If you "like" brushing your teeth, then that's all to the good. Ultimately it's not about "like." I've no "like" for exercise in general. As P. D. Mangan says, I suggest not to look to food and exercise for entertainment, that's not their purpose. If you want to be lean and fit, find your entertainment elsewhere. Lee Priest, bodybuilder, was once asked what body part he likes training most. "None. I hate them all". Even Jack LaLanne never particularly enjoyed working out.

The schedule is paramount. You have to create a schedule and it has to be a priority.

And you don't need a gym. I stayed quite fit at home during COVID lockdowns using my TRX suspension trainer, resistance bands, a few dumbbells, and interval sessions on a treadmill (for which you can substitute an exercise bike or elliptical machine). I made good use of isometrics. It was never easy; intensity is necessary. If you're not trying for gains, you're just going to lose muscle faster. But, big advantage: I enjoyed watching vids and listening to my music.

Numbers stayed with range, and the transition back to a gym was fairly painless. 

11 minutes ago, BigStar said:

If you "like" brushing your teeth, then that's all to the good. Ultimately it's not about "like." I've no "like" for exercise in general. As P. D. Mangan says, I suggest not to look to food and exercise for entertainment, that's not their purpose. If you want to be lean and fit, find your entertainment elsewhere. Lee Priest, bodybuilder, was once asked what body part he likes training most. "None. I hate them all". Even Jack LaLanne never particularly enjoyed working out.

The schedule is paramount. You have to create a schedule and it has to be a priority.

And you don't need a gym. I stayed quite fit at home during COVID lockdowns using my TRX suspension trainer, resistance bands, a few dumbbells, and interval sessions on a treadmill (for which you can substitute an exercise bike or elliptical machine). I made good use of isometrics. It was never easy; intensity is necessary. If you're not trying for gains, you're just going to lose muscle faster. But, big advantage: I enjoyed watching vids and listening to my music.

Numbers stayed with range, and the transition back to a gym was fairly painless. 

please watch this video:

51 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

please watch this video:

No need. I've got both High-Intensity Training the Mike Mentzer Way and The Wisdom of Mike Mentzer:The Art, Science and Philosophy of a Bodybuilding Legend. Greatest student of Arthur Jones. I add in Ken Hutchins, Drew Baye, and the consolidator, Doug McGuff. P. D. Mangan applies the principles to fitness training. Efficient; safe; fast.

Typically, our members here are outdated and think weight training has to be about masochistic, time-consuming, soul-and-joint destroying bodybuilding--and only Arnold-style bodybuilding they learned from old muscle mags. Fitness sites constantly promote it to young men with dreams of babes. Complicated routines, schedules, diets, and dreams make big money. Low carb, HIT, HIIT, super slow, light weights, one or two sets a week, same basic routine, are so utterly simple they can't make money. So you never hear of them.

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I know I have problems,but it's going to be too late to stop 

If I stop the injections I will get tired and depressed

I stopped once ,it's like a heroin addict hanging out for a injection

Once you start this testereone there no going back ,I regret I really do 

Geez now you have half the people on here that can't spell the word or copy your testereone which sounds like some kind of Italian pasta.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, BigStar said:

No need. I've got both High-Intensity Training the Mike Mentzer Way and The Wisdom of Mike Mentzer:The Art, Science and Philosophy of a Bodybuilding Legend. Greatest student of Arthur Jones. I add in Ken Hutchins, Drew Baye, and the consolidator, Doug McGuff. P. D. Mangan applies the principles to fitness training. Efficient; safe; fast.

Typically, our members here are outdated and think weight training has to be about masochistic, time-consuming, soul-and-joint destroying bodybuilding--and only Arnold-style bodybuilding they learned from old muscle mags. Fitness sites constantly promote it to young men with dreams of babes. Complicated routines, schedules, diets, and dreams make big money. Low carb, HIT, HIIT, super slow, light weights, one or two sets a week, same basic routine, are so utterly simple they can't make money. So you never hear of them.

ok, watch this one then: 

15 hours ago, pomchop said:

Geez now you have half the people on here that can't spell the word or copy your testereone which sounds like some kind of Italian pasta.

I brought up the same issue in page 2. 

I Google the unfamiliar word thinking it was some new designer drug or similar 😄

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Why?

Look at this one I found 🤣: I think the main difference between them was that Arnold grew his ego along with his body, while Mike didn't. Mike seems much more comfortable with who he is, while Arnold seems to "need" more to be Ok.

Edited by JimTripper

52 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Look at this one I found 🤣: I think the main difference between them was that Arnold grew his ego along with his body, while Mike didn't. Mike seems much more comfortable with who he is, while Arnold seems to "need" more to be Ok.

It's more obvious than ever that, as discussed in another thread, a retirement community (The Villages) is the perfect place for you to live. There you'll have the facilities to exercise, trainers, classes, a counselor, and free pickup at your door to keep you to a schedule in the pool and gym.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, BigStar said:

It's more obvious than ever that, as discussed in another thread, a retirement community (The Villages) is the perfect place for you to live. There you'll have the facilities to exercise, trainers, classes, a counselor, and free pickup at your door to keep you to a schedule in the pool and gym.

funny you think that. that's actually the opposite of what i want!

1 hour ago, JimTripper said:

funny you think that. that's actually the opposite of what i want!

Perfect! You have Gold Standard confirmation from our classic ANF Poster Inverse IndicatorTM . Notify landlord, buy ticket to Orlando Sanford (SFB) Airport tomorrow. You're outta here, problems solved. T should be elevated within a month or two w/ exercise, good diet, and plenty of free sex.

Edited by BigStar

33 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Perfect! You have Gold Standard confirmation from our classic ANF Poster Inverse IndicatorTM . Notify landlord, buy ticket to Orlando Sanford (SFB) Airport tomorrow. You're outta here, problems solved. T should be elevated within a month or two w/ exercise, good diet, and plenty of free sex.

It's because you have a big ego from working out just like Arnold.

You think you know what I need, but no amount of working out fixes what's in your head.

On 11/10/2023 at 1:45 PM, JimTripper said:

It's because you have a big ego from working out just like Arnold.

You think you know what I need, but no amount of working out fixes what's in your head.

The best way to grow muscle when you're old, (say 60+) is neither Arnold's nor Mike Mentzer's way. Both men stopped competitive bodybuilding by age 30 (with the exception of the 1980 Mr. Olympia when Arnold was 32. He came out of retirement in 1975 to compete in it.

You can't train the same way in your 60s as you could in your 20s. If you try to train HIT, even if still young, you're going to get some serious injuries at some point. It's a sh*t way to train at any age. Arnold's high-volume training leaves much to be desired too as it contains too much junk (excessive) volume. That's what people do when they are young.

The rules for 60+ training:

1. Don't get injured

2. Get results

For young trainers:

1. Get results

2. Try not to get injured.

When you're young, an injury might inconvenience you for a few weeks. When you're old, it could mess up your training permanently.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...