KBank International Transfers

I have never done a transfer OUT of Thailand in my life, but it looks easy on the KBank web site and seems to cost 250THB to send any USD equivalent amounts - I am trying to send to the US. The online process specifically asks to check a box stating "Income earned from working in Thailand" and if I don't check that it will not process the wire. So I simply check it and it looks like the wire will go, but I haven't tried yet.

Question: Why do they ask I check this box, is it just to show the receiver all taxes are paid? I don't really know where the money came from - its been collecting over the years in my account from all over the world including working in Thailand at times years ago? Do people simply check "Income earned from working in Thailand" to enable these transfers to go even if they never worked in Thailand?

I used the K+ App to send some cash to Singapore, l ticked that box and the transaction went through.

A day or so later l received an email asking for a copy of my Work Permit, l ignored this email but received a follow up email some days later.

l responded by saying it was a mistake, they took no action but advised that if l needed to transfer funds again they would need details of my WP.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

I used the K+ App to send some cash to Singapore, l ticked that box and the transaction went through.

A day or so later l received an email asking for a copy of my Work Permit, l ignored this email but received a follow up email some days later.

l responded by saying it was a mistake, they took no action but advised that if l needed to transfer funds again they would need details of my WP.

I've done a number of international transfers using the K Bank Cyber (internet banking) facility and the K+ app. All successful. 

Seems to me requests re WP etc., details are specific to what the sender selects as the purpose of the international transfer. 

Edited by scorecard

12 hours ago, scorecard said:

Seems to me requests re WP etc., details are specific to what the sender selects as the purpose of the international transfer. 

So we must say YES to Income from working in Thailand otherwise transfers are not allowed and to avoid being pestered further for a WP what transfer objectives are allowed? I am trying to transfer to an overseas investing account, but that option is not shown on the menu?

1754547819_2023-10-12094316.jpg.f07ce9ee5f832d3aa9c1bbe63240bce8.jpg

911712277_2023-10-12094344.jpg.5985e0784700692cd510ff8f41959072.jpg

What do you recommend to allow multiple trouble free transfers for someone on a retirement extension?

Edited by Digitalbanana

A few months back i called K Bank and asked if there's any flexibility about '.... money earned in Thailand."

The answer was yesseveral exceptions, so I asked what if it's my state pension money which comes from abroad every 4 weeks.

K Bank lady said istantly 'that would entitle you to tick  '... earned in Thailand'.

I then completed an international transfer using the K Cyber screens, it went through smoothly, no further questions.  

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

I then completed an international transfer using the K Cyber screens, it went through smoothly, no further questions.  

So it does not matter which Transfer Objective you chose, you never got asked for a WP like another poster.... I will give it a go.

1 hour ago, Digitalbanana said:

So it does not matter which Transfer Objective you chose, you never got asked for a WP like another poster.... I will give it a go.

That's NOT my point. I mentioned that I called K BAnk and they said that 'has to be funds earned in Thailand has some flexibility, and regular money coming in from abroad in the way of state pensions would come under the 'flexibilty' available for 'funds earned in Thailand'.

Work permits nothing to do wih it.

I repeat, my comment was in regard to state pension money coming in regularly from aboard and K bank said YES that would be included in the flexibility available on this point.

Nothing whatever was mentioned about Work permits. 

Sorry if I confused you.

Edited by scorecard
  • Thanks 1