Dirty Feet & Flip Flops

JimTripper

33 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Getting tired of looking at People ? Best advise Don't look what other people are wearing That's there Choice You just worry about yourself and wear whatever you like at the moment or any day.

Don't look at what other people are wearing. Yeah right. How do i not look at other people going about my daily life, wear sunglasses?

If i go out to eat at a food stand and the guy or lady serving is wearing flip flops i have to look at probably dirty sidewalk gutter grungy feet while i'm eating. i could goto a nice restaurant at a mall instead where people are dressed nicer, but i like outdoor food stands and i don't like eating in malls.

Edited by JimTripper

1 minute ago, JimTripper said:

Don't look at what other people are wearing. Yeah right. How do i not look at other people going about my daily life, wear sunglasses?

Just do your own thing Don't worry about someone else.

Why do you have to look what other people are wearing? Are you looking what other people are driving or shopping or how their fingernails are done or dirty?

Are you looking at other man and women if they skinny ,fat ,ugly?

Grow up have a life.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Getting tired of looking at People ? Best advise Don't look what other people are wearing That's there Choice You just worry about yourself and wear whatever you like at the moment or any day.

I just look at women

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

If i go out to eat at a food stand and the guy or lady serving is wearing flip flops i have to look at probably dirty sidewalk gutter grungy feet while i'm eating. i could goto a nice restaurant at a mall instead where people are dressed nicer, but i like outdoor food stands and i don't like eating in malls.

Don't be so fussy, go eat in a proper restaurant  and be Happy.

1 minute ago, digger70 said:

Ok, understood. I will try to be around venues that have more class and people who dress better. I will try it for a month and see how it goes. Maybe I will stop feeling like I need to complain so much.

OP must live in a city called Thailand on the planet Mars, all over Thailand people walk in normal shoes, long pants and more. To then not even start about the fact that most people not have money for better clothes or that is a normal outfit for tourists / in this weather. Sad really, sad. 

I actually had more problems with foreigners wearing shoes, to then have super sweaty smelly feet, when needing to take the shoes off, when entering somewhere.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

Shorts, T-shirt and flip-flops are only for the beach. And even then, I wouldn't be caught dead in that attire after dark.

There are loose cotton trousers available, and that's what I wear outside the house, short socks and trainers. Loose t-shirt or cotton shirt. Never owned sandals and never will. There are even jeans ( like Mc brand or Levi's) that are loose fitting and cool in this climate. However, Gen Z think that jeans have to be this stretchy stuff that clings to your legs.  Thais don't pay attention to their footgear, thinking that feet are the lowest part of the body (literally), so yes, I have seen men in business attire with lime Crocks :sick:

13 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Ok, understood. I will try to be around venues that have more class and people who dress better. I will try it for a month and see how it goes. Maybe I will stop feeling like I need to complain so much.

OK that sounds great.

1 hour ago, digger70 said:

54 minutes ago, Middle Aged Grouch said:

Why do many foreigners come to Thailand and discriminate the Thai's and other foreigners ?

Must be because they were themselves left out and shunned in their respective countries.

Learn to respect youself, then you will respect others. Respect others and they will respect you.

It may be a superiority complex.

I can afford to live and eat better then I do, yet I gravitate to places where I don't really belong, like cheap food stalls or areas, etc. I almost never frequent venues that are equal to what I can pay.

That way, I can feel kind of above others or at least different, rather then on equal footing with those around me.

Superiority complexes usually compensate for some sort of perceived inferiority.

Edited by JimTripper

5 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

OP lives in Patts so I'll hazard a guess and say he's taking about the disheveled foreigners - mostly Western European, Brit and Aussie farang - who infest the place.

I saw one such example in Building A at Jomtien Immi a month ago when doing my TM47. Toenails like the claws of some hellspawn, cheap cargo shorts and singlet, and reeking of B.O.

You have to dig really deep into your jai yen yen bag not to get completely disgusted by such sights.

OK, I must have taken it the wrong way.

On 10/12/2023 at 1:21 AM, JimTripper said:

Getting tired of looking at people's dirty feet, shorts, flip flops and stinky tee-shirts.

Anyone missing being able to wear regular clothing? Yearning to wear some nice long pants, closed toe shoes and an undershirt, but it looks strange when everyone else is dressed in cheap clothes with dirty feet.

I guess the closest place to get away with it would be Bangkok, but even then would look strange unless I was at work.

I do wear 'regular' clothing, simply because I don't want to look like those you describe.

I wear clean, smart, long jeans and a clean smart T-shirt.

I wear trainers and socks. I also keep my hair short and smart.

For me the weather is not a problem, summer or winter. I've done this now for 18 years. All my clothes are regularly washed and ironed.

At home I wear very casual clothes - all clean.

My wife and daughter have no problems with my dress code.

You are what you are.

2 hours ago, JimTripper said:

It may be a superiority complex.

yeah, that's what this thread is all about.

clothing like suits and ties is designed to show hierarchy and status in society.

white collar workers typically have higher status and wealth.

and then if everyone is walking around in flip flops and swim trunks on a beach resort, it's hard to distinguish who has higher status. 

17 hours ago, save the frogs said:

yeah, that's what this thread is all about.

clothing like suits and ties is designed to show hierarchy and status in society.

white collar workers typically have higher status and wealth.

and then if everyone is walking around in flip flops and swim trunks on a beach resort, it's hard to distinguish who has higher status. 

Insecure flogs

• Thumbs Up 1

No reason you can't always look presentable, and still be comfortable.  When I am out, always a neat, collared, short-sleeve shirt, in a lightweight, wrinkle-free cotton or cotton blend, in a variety of colors and patterns.  Walking shorts, solid color (no plaid shorts and striped shirts) coordinating with the shirt colors, with the pant legs of the shorts stopping just above the knee.  No baggy, below the knee, multi-pocket cargo shorts, ever.  Comfortable, athletic/walking-type sport shoes with white cotton socks.  Lightweight, small-scale shoulder bag with all the stuff one needs to carry these days.  Good to go.