Israel's options don't look good - but a full-scale military campaign in the near future is inevitable

Social Media

1 minute ago, Jeff the Chef said:

1, I think the only way forward is a mutually agreed entity/party that both sides can except to negotiate a cease-fire, that alone might be impossible.

2, Take all the women and children out of Gaza, then any males that can be proven to not having any association with Hamas.

3, The rest can then either surrender or face the consequences.

Was it 'realistic' that gave you trouble or the 'no fantasy stuff'?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Ok, then, what's your problem with those suggestions?

That they are not realistic. Also, my question to you was how Israel should tackle things - even your 'suggestions' are mostly stuff Israel could not do or even decide on by itself.

• Like 1

Due to all the mad people in that region on both sides, the war bursting out will have consequences on civilian flight routes and delay the flight time or maybe taking new routes. I would avoid any middle eastern airlines like Emirates or Qatar for the moment as the trigger happy madman are on both sides involved.

The Biden cronies in Washington and Langley, Va  are obviously doing their best to fuel  another large scale war with juicy arms deals on the horizon.   Rather then calling for civilised peace talks through diplomacy., ike the Clinton administration did in the past with success.

Edited by Middle Aged Grouch
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I don't.

No university has hired him as a professor of geopolitics because he is not qualified for that.

Just as you wouldn't expect a brain surgeon to be able to replace a car transmission. 

Netanyahu academic credential is  Masters in applied science , and has studied architecture yet Israel hired him as prime PM. 

Are you saying that he is unqualified?

It also seems to have forgotten the "Intellectual" part , the political activist, and social cretic. . all of which numerous major media has found him qualified enough to hire him and comment on subjects of this nature. 

Let's also not forget 

Chomsky is also a major figure in analytic philosophy  "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noam_Chomsky

And "and one of the founders of the field of cognitive science "

I know, what the hell Dr. Chomsky he knows about these things. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sirineou said:

Netanyahu academic credential is  Masters in applied science , and has studied architecture yet Israel hired him as prime PM. 

Are you saying that he is unqualified?

It also seems to have forgotten the "Intellectual" part , the political activist, and social cretic. . all of which numerous major media has found him qualified enough to hire him and comment on subjects of this nature. 

Let's also not forget 

Chomsky is also a major figure in analytic philosophy  "

And "and one of the founders of the field of cognitive science "

I know, what the hell Dr. Chomsky he knows about these things. 

Netanyahu is a bad PM, what's your point? Or could you maybe get back on topic? Chomsky ain't it.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Morch said:

Netanyahu is a bad PM, what's your point? Or could you maybe get back on topic? Chomsky ain't it.

Obviously the people that hired /elected him thought.

I think you get my point, if you don't, then I would be wasting my breath in trying to explain it to you. 

Chomsky is certainly not the point, as as are every other persons that was quoted in this and other threads is.

The point is their opinion and if such opinion comes from a respected person. .  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Stevemercer said:

Yes, Hamas knew the writing was on the wall following the 2020 Abrahams Accord when the United Arabs Emirate, Bahrain, Sudan and Morroca recognised Israel and normalised relations. Saudi Arabia is the next cab off the rank expressing willingness to normalise relations (pushed by the USA). Such recognition would doom Hamas to being a bit player as other Aran nations followed suite.

Saudi recognition of Israel would be a game changer for the whole Middle East.

Hamas is willing to sacrifice Arab lives to ensure Saudi Arabia doesn't recognise Israel and to keep the status quo.

Saudi negotiations have been "paused".

2 hours ago, sirineou said:

Obviously the people that hired /elected him thought.

I think you get my point, if you don't, then I would be wasting my breath in trying to explain it to you. 

Chomsky is certainly not the point, as as are every other persons that was quoted in this and other threads is.

The point is their opinion and if such opinion comes from a respected person. .  

People also voted for Trump. Does it make Trump a good choice? A good President?

You have no point. You go on and on about something that doesn't even have anything to do with the topic. Chomsky, as far as this concerns, is speaking from a well-entrenched political position. He is not necessarily objective, he does not have first-hand experience, and not everyone idolizes him as you seem to.

And regardless, I think posters ought to write their own posts, not merely link pics and clips with those of others.

2 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Israel who else is systematically trying to wipe out the Palestinians

Oh, I see - you couldn't answer in any coherent manner, so you jumped to yet another nonsense. Well done.

If Israel is trying to systematically wipe out the Palestinians, it is failing miserably. Palestinian population keep growing every year. Any other daft comments?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Morch said:

Oh, I see - you couldn't answer in any coherent manner, so you jumped to yet another nonsense. Well done.

Thankyou ???? 

Edited by Jeff the Chef

18 minutes ago, Morch said:

If Israel is trying to systematically wipe out the Palestinians, it is failing miserably. Palestinian population keep growing every year. Any other daft comments?

I cannot believe the "if" and I  make daft comments, you're having a laugh.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

If Israel is trying to systematically 'wipe' the Palestinians, how come there are so many of them? How come their population keeps growing?

As for current events, Israel gave civilians warning, safe passage and a time window to clear. Not textbook stuff for 'wiping' people.

You're just trolling now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

If Israel is trying to systematically 'wipe' the Palestinians, how come there are so many of them? How come their population keeps growing?

As for current events, Israel gave civilians warning, safe passage and a time window to clear. Not textbook stuff for 'wiping' people.

You're just trolling now.

You Sir are a joke, goodnight and goodbye.

• Sad 4
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Morch said:

No, that's your own version of things. Facts are different.

The Gaza Strip was not always under blockade and 'siege'. This is something that came about, gradually, in response to Palestinian attacks (more recently and specifically, Hamas) on Israel. It was not placed on a whim, not just to spite or harass the Palestinians - there were (and are) good reasons for it.

Your hyperbolic use of 'concentration camp' and the obvious insinuation are dully noted.

There is 'react', and then there's what the Hamas attack was - pure evil.

The people of Gaza are mainly descendants of the Palestinians uprooted by Israeli troops in 1948. Until 1967 Egypt managed the territory. From then some settlements were established in Gaza, but Sharon decided in 2005 that those settlements were too complicated to maintain, so the settlers were removed. While it angered those extreme Jews who believed that Gaza belonged to them by God's will, it was evidently hoped to provide calm by not having settlers provoke people who had been driven by Israel into cramped refugee camps. Then a year later Hamas won parliamentary elections, and this was not the outcome favored by the US. The following year there was a fight for control of Gaza between Hamas and Fatah. When Hamas won, Israel imposed the blockade enduring to this day. The blockade has made Gaza the world's largest prison.

Details: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Hamas 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, placnx said:

The people of Gaza are mainly descendants of the Palestinians uprooted by Israeli troops in 1948. Until 1967 Egypt managed the territory. From then some settlements were established in Gaza, but Sharon decided in 2005 that those settlements were too complicated to maintain, so the settlers were removed. While it angered those extreme Jews who believed that Gaza belonged to them by God's will, it was evidently hoped to provide calm by not having settlers provoke people who had been driven by Israel into cramped refugee camps. Then a year later Hamas won parliamentary elections, and this was not the outcome favored by the US. The following year there was a fight for control of Gaza between Hamas and Fatah. When Hamas won, Israel imposed the blockade enduring to this day. The blockade has made Gaza the world's largest prison.

Details: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Hamas 

And...?

The reason they weren't too happy with the Hamas taking over was directly tied to Hamas actions and agenda. By the way, one of the things that happened after Hamas won the election was a mini-civil war in Gaza, with Fatah members being thrown from rooftops.

1 hour ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Have a little think about it .

Hamas went into Israel and killed everyone , murdered and chased down anyone who moved without prior warning , killed as many as possibly could 

Israel told the Palestinians to move away from areas which are going to be bombed .

Who are trying to wipe out who ?

2 hours ago, Morch said:

People also voted for Trump. Does it make Trump a good choice? A good President?

You have no point. You go on and on about something that doesn't even have anything to do with the topic. Chomsky, as far as this concerns, is speaking from a well-entrenched political position. He is not necessarily objective, he does not have first-hand experience, and not everyone idolizes him as you seem to.

And regardless, I think posters ought to write their own posts, not merely link pics and clips with those of others.

I just read a suggestion the other day that US presidential candidates should have to take a competency test. Problem with Israel is that they don't even have a constitution. Should excellence in Torah recitation be their standard?

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, placnx said:

I just read a suggestion the other day that US presidential candidates should have to take a competency test. Problem with Israel is that they don't even have a constitution. Should excellence in Torah recitation be their standard?

I suggest that you have nothing much too add to the discussion. What you're on about got nothing to do with anything.

Edited by Morch
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1