Long covid

bignok

11 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Mine lasted a few months.

You test again Covid is still around?  But, I and a few of my friends were sick recently, congestion type colds only.

Same here,  my  wife and kids included. A spectrum of symptoms very reminiscent of  COVID, my wife  tested but was  negative. I wondered whether we have now very distant, highly contagious, strains that don't show up with  the good old ATKs. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

If you felt well after recovering from COVID a year ago and just now feel unwell, this is not long COVID.

Long COVID is defined as the continuation or development of new symptoms 3 months after the initial SARS-CoV-2 infection, with these symptoms lasting for at least 2 months with no other explanation."

https://www.who.int/europe/news-room/fact-sheets/item/post-covid-19-condition

Ok thanks. Maybe a flu.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, bignok said:

Ok thanks. Maybe a flu.

If it was flu you would not be posting on here but you would be in bed thinking you were dying and then wishing you would die. That is flu. You have a cold or mild upper respiratory chest infection. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Jaggg88 said:

If it was flu you would not be posting on here but you would be in bed thinking you were dying and then wishing you would die. That is flu. You have a cold or mild upper respiratory chest infection. 

Flus arent that bad. Most anyway.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/12/2023 at 1:59 PM, Ben Zioner said:

Same here,  my  wife and kids included. A spectrum of symptoms very reminiscent of  COVID, my wife  tested but was  negative. I wondered whether we have now very distant, highly contagious, strains that don't show up with  the good old ATKs. 

have a PCR test or a full Serology Profile done from blood sample and you will know exactly what variant you have and your antibody levels. PS. there is no new strain to date.

7 hours ago, bignok said:

Doctors cant treat flus or covid. 

With COVID, there are anti-viral medications like Paxlovid and Molnupiravir that, if given shortly after the onset of a COVID infection, can greatly reduce the risk of serious symptoms.

And with the flu, while I don't believe doctors can cure the flu, they can treat the symptoms with medication to make you feel better and lessen the impact of symptoms.

September 26, 2023

Paxlovid linked with reduction in COVID-19 hospitalization, death

"Nirmatrelvir/ritonavir, or Paxlovid, was associated with a significant reduction in 30-day hospitalization or death among previously uninfected patients with COVID-19 who were not hospitalized, researchers found.

According to the study, patients prescribed nirmatrelvir/ritonavir (NMV/r), or Paxlovid, within 3 days of COVID-19 diagnosis were compared with IPTW-based untreated controls."

https://www.healio.com/news/infectious-disease/20230926/paxlovid-linked-with-reduction-in-covid19-hospitalization-death

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK