Thailand awesome

bignok

Bob Smith said he's leaving....but then again he said he was into sobriety so I take his words with a pinch of salt. I'm fed up to the back teeth with the place. Sick to death of it. I'm thinking Portugal as I have an Irish passport.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, retarius said:

Bob Smith said he's leaving....but then again he said he was into sobriety so I take his words with a pinch of salt. I'm fed up to the back teeth with the place. Sick to death of it. I'm thinking Portugal as I have an Irish passport.

Too late, Portugal just cancelled the tax incentive for foreign pensions as of 2024.

35 minutes ago, Bunny Silverhand said:

Thailand is great as long as you aren't Thai.

When you're Thai and you are forced to go work in Israel or Scandinavia to pay off your debts because your own country doesn't recognize your value as a human being. Arf... Not too good.

Who forces them ?

27 minutes ago, retarius said:

Probably not even living here????

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Bunny Silverhand said:

Thailand is great as long as you aren't Thai.

When you're Thai and you are forced to go work in Israel or Scandinavia to pay off your debts because your own country doesn't recognize your value as a human being. Arf... Not too good.

Not sure about that, and same world wide, apply yourself, and you can accomplish anything.   My Thai family & daughter are all doing quite well, but are not lay-abouts.  Nuff said.

Life is about choices.  My daughter of course got assistance from me, but my wife's family, are doing quite well, without my help.  Not from Hi-So background.   8 siblings and parents died when she was 4 or 5 yrs old, too young to even remember.  So they struggled for many years.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

Not sure about that, and same world wide, apply yourself, and you can accomplish anything.   My Thai family & daughter are all doing quite well, but are not lay-abouts.  Nuff said.

Life is about choices.  My daughter of course got assistance from me, but my wife's family, are doing quite well, without my help.  Not from Hi-So background.   8 siblings and parents died when she was 4 or 5 yrs old, too young to even remember.  So they struggled for many years.

Sure thing, boomer.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3

21 minutes ago, 2baht said:

They are jealous of boomers!

Why should we? They're about to transfer 70 trillions to us and then die so we won't have to listen to their simplistic and destructive worldview anymore. Only good news on the horizon quiet frankly.

Edited by Bunny Silverhand
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, 2baht said:

They are jealous of boomers!

Guess most of us are already retired or soon to be.   Oh well ... you youngins keep at it for a few more decades, paying for our retirement, and maybe, just maybe, the govt won't move the goal post on you, again, and there might even be something left in the till for y'all ... maybe ????

Suggestion, from one of the ol' guys ... don't plan on it, go self employed, and retire early.   Trust me, it's a lot more fun ????

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bunny Silverhand said:

My pleasure. I'm all for a system where the lucky ones pay for those struggling to live in dignity.

I live quite comfortably, have no struggle with dignity at all, you work things out as you get older!