Decent hotel in Samet

PJ71

35 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Thank you for correcting me, I am always on the look out for new beaches to check out so genuinely appreciate it ????

Will add Mae Rim Phim to my list of places to visit after we're done with her Brother "Passing Out" in the Army at the end of this month (That's a couple of days at Takiab Beach, Hua Hin) & my Parents visiting  us next month.

Still say my favourite island/beach in Thailand is Ko Samed though ???? 

Cheers, Mike. Just around the corner (Eastwards) from Mae Rim Phim, there is also the lovely Ao Kai bay, and a little grouping of bars and restaurants. Occasional surfing / skim boarding tournaments and music concerts bring in the younger (Thai) set on weekends.

Anyway, not to derail the thread, some recommendations for the OP on Samet:

Sai Kaew Beach Resort.

Ao Prao Resort.

Vongdeuan Resort.

Samet Pavillion.

All within the OP's price range, and I've had good experience staying at these places w/ family.

• Love It 1

9 minutes ago, huangnon said:

Cheers, Mike. Just around the corner (Eastwards) from Mae Rim Phim, there is also the lovely Ao Kai bay, and a little grouping of bars and restaurants. Occasional surfing / skim boarding tournaments and music concerts bring in the younger (Thai) set on weekends.

Anyway, not to derail the thread, some recommendations for the OP on Samet:

Sai Kaew Beach Resort.

Ao Prao Resort.

Vongdeuan Resort.

Samet Pavillion.

All within the OP's price range, and I've had good experience staying at these places w/ family.

Thanks mate, sounds like I’m going to need 4-5 days then ????

I 2nd recommendation for Ao Proa resort, we always spend at least 1 day at the beach there but we tend to prefer Sai Kaew beach  (have stayed at that resort & would happily stay there again) so Samed Villa is perfect for us. 

for a cheap room (Not OPs requirement at all), you could do much worse than Blue Moon 

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 1

On 10/15/2023 at 7:50 PM, PJ71 said:

FFS you're hard work, do you not think i know how Agoda or other similar websites work?

I'm looking for personal recommendations that are up to date from members on here. If you've nothing to add gtf!

PS i find it amusing you think 5K is funny, we're not all poor old men....

What are you looking for there are isolated places and party.  Close to town or away. I like sametville but it is isolated no night life

2 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

What are you looking for there are isolated places and party.  Close to town or away. I like sametville but it is isolated no night life

I would like somewhere to chill out, i'm aware there's not much there and will only spend 2-3 nights.

Thx

17 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

Can recommend; 'Avatara Resort'. Stayed there with Mrs 12 months ago. Very spacious rooms. Excellent breakfast choices and bar on the delightful Sai Kaew beach. 

I'll back that up, stayed there a few months ago. Great location.

I always used to like Samet Villa (even going back 25 years) but my main problem is the black cesspit that empties in to the sea next door. Nice resort but I would be walking up to Sai Kaew to swim.

• Thanks 1

On 10/18/2023 at 5:06 PM, josephbloggs said:

Splitting hairs. Technically it is Ao Hin Khok but no-one ever refers to it as that. It is for all intents and purposes the tail end of Sai Kaew beach.

Correct and they do refer to it as Ao Hin Khok. It is separated by the statue and rocky face. If that doesnt count as a separate beach then there is only one beach all down that side of the island.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...