Altercation with Ladyboys at Pattaya Beach Shocks Foreign Tourists

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

image.png

A recent incident that has captured the attention of social media revolves around a highly charged altercation, leaving international tourists astounded on the shores of South Pattaya Beach.

The viral video, which has been widely shared on various social media platforms, shows a confrontation between a young man and a transgender woman (LGBTQ), as reported by 77kaoded.

The argument escalated with pushing, chasing, and a brief scuffle. The video, lasting over 1.02 minutes, captures moments where onlookers can be heard asking, "Is she transgender?" and urgently saying, "The police are on their way!" before the two groups finally separate.

The incident unfolded along the south end of Pattaya Beach, near Soi 13/1, South Pattaya Beach Road, Moo 10, Nongprue, Bang Lamung District, Chonburi.

On the evening of October 15th, news reporters visited the scene to confirm the incident. They interviewed Mr. Chaem, a 56-year-old eyewitness, who shared that the confrontation had occurred late at night on October 13th.

Three foreign tourists were casually walking along the beach when a group of transgender women, who appeared to be involved in sex work, approached them. When the tourists declined their proposition, a water-throwing incident occurred, mirroring what was seen in the viral video. After the altercation, both groups went their separate ways.

The Pattaya City Police Station confirmed that neither party involved had filed a report about the incident. However, they have launched an investigation because the video has negatively affected Pattaya's reputation as a tourist destination.

-- ASEAN NOW 2023-10-16

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Looks to me like a big guy picking on a little guy. Don't blame the shrimp from running away. Some of these ladyboys are built like the incredible hulk.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The Pattaya City Police Station confirmed that neither party involved had filed a report about the incident. However, they have launched an investigation because the video has negatively affected Pattaya's reputation as a tourist destination.

That's what they were there for in the first place

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

So, it´s better to let some psycho´s pretending to be women chase people out of a whole city?

Psychos? Says who? Do you even know who triggered it or what the trigger was? Do you even know where you are? They have more right to be there than you probably as they are Thai. 

Edited by Jackbenimble
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, bignok said:

Interesting. The few times I have been there I have never 'bonded' with the vibe. Reeks of stale beer, cigarette smoke, sleaziness, and sperm. Definitely the path of 'least resistance'...

unless you go there for the temples.

Okay...how many people are offended this time...

losers, show yourselves.

Edited by tkramer
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Jackbenimble said:

Psychos? Says who? Do you even know who triggered it or what the trigger was? Do you even know where you are? They have more right to be there than you probably as they are Thai. 

What? I am not talking about any right to be anywhere? Of course Thai people have more rights in Thailand than me and other foreigners. However, that does not give psycho ladyboys and transgenders the right to use violence as soon as they not get what they want or someone do not like them. We read about this happening rather frequently. The thing is rather simple, if you chose to climb outside of the standard norm you will also need to have the courage to stand up for what you are without the use of violent actions.

And, FYI, in my world they are psychos.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mikebell said:

like the LBs - no balls.

There is also the possibility that they knew if they won the fight, they would be charged with starting it and get shafted by the police.

Wasn't there an article a couple of months ago bout the LB groups ganging up on people?

Why are they so upset it isn't as if they are making any money or want any involvement other than to talk.

WE KNOW THERE IS NO PROSTITUTION IN PATTAYA

1 hour ago, bignok said:

Ceasepit anyway. Full of shady farangs, mafia, ladyboys and crime

I guess you meant cesspit, right? Sure, the city has all the bad parts you are mentioning. However, it also have a lot of good parts. For example a very strong and good expat community, that many foreigners in Thailand seek. Basically same as Los Altos, Spain in that case, to take a very good example. Moreover, foreigners will find all kinds of attractions from barlife, young girls, imported foods, modern accommodation, beach life and so on.... In that case, it´s a magical city.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gottfrid said:

I guess you meant cesspit, right? Sure, the city has all the bad parts you are mentioning. However, it also have a lot of good parts. For example a very strong and good expat community, that many foreigners in Thailand seek. Basically same as Los Altos, Spain in that case, to take a very good example. Moreover, foreigners will find all kinds of attractions from barlife, young girls, imported foods, modern accommodation, beach life and so on.... In that case, it´s a magical city.

Ok

• Sad 1

Many, many years ago, I made the mistake of saying "nah mate, you're a guy" to a katoey on Sukhumvit, Bangkok.  I got out alive but only just.  If the 'customers' in this incident said something similar, I'm not at all surprised at the result.  Thai's never fight 1 to 1 but katoeys are far worse.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, MangoKorat said:

Many, many years ago, I made the mistake of saying "nah mate, you're a guy" to a katoey on Sukhumvit, Bangkok.  I got out alive but only just.  If the 'customers' in this incident said something similar, I'm not at all surprised at the result.  Thai's never fight 1 to 1 but katoeys are far worse.

Yes, can be quite violent.