Biden says simultaneous wars in Ukraine, Israel won’t overwhelm US

Social Media

Just now, placeholder said:

I think you're seriously confused. You claim that the US shouldn't have been there but apparently you also are claiming that it shouldn't have left. Make up your mind.

It's not confusing.

They shouldn't have been there. However, having made the poor decision to go, they should at least have made sure there was something in place to replace what they destroyed before leaving. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I think you're seriously confused. You claim that the US shouldn't have been there but apparently you also are claiming that it shouldn't have left. Make up your mind.

That’s rightwing Cognitive Dissonance, things don’t have to make any logical sense so long as they abide by the talk track.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

It's not confusing.

They shouldn't have been there. However, having made the poor decision to go, they should at least have made sure there was something in place to replace what they destroyed before leaving. 

So they should have stayed until women's rights were guaranteed? Given that only 40% of US troops remained after the Trump withdrawal, short of sending troops back in, how could that have been accomplished?

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

One again, the US (and it’s allies) did not go into Afghanistan for any reason at all relating yo women’s rights.

It wasn't the reason for them going. It was a consequence of them going. A dire consequence. 

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m surprised to learn you are a feminist, keep up the good work.

There's a lot about me that might surprise you. Given your dismissive attitude to the women of Afghanistan I'm more of a feminist than you could ever claim to be.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

That’s rightwing Cognitive Dissonance, things don’t have to make any logical sense so long as they abide by the talk track.

Where is the flaw in my logic? 

Don't deflect this time. Show me the flaw. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

So they should have stayed until women's rights were guaranteed? Given that only 40% of US troops remained after the Trump withdrawal, short of sending troops back in, how could that have been accomplished?

They should have ensured security was sufficient to ensure that the Taliban didn't take over immediately after leaving. 

Just now, JonnyF said:

It wasn't the reason for them going. It was a consequence of them going. A dire consequence. 

There's a lot about me that might surprise you. Given your dismissive attitude to the women of Afghanistan I'm more of a feminist than you could ever claim to be.

You seem to have forgotten what life was like for women before the war, back in days when the Taliban were beheading women in old sports stadia.

Maybe feminism too can be a flag of convenience.

Anyway back to topic.

President Biden was terrific in the 60 Minutes interview, clear and strong leadership.

Just as well because the holders of the House Majority are driving around in a clown car with nobody at the wheel.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

They should have ensured security was sufficient to ensure that the Taliban didn't take over immediately after leaving. 

Given the absence of U.S. troops how would that be accomplished without actually bringing in more troops and staying indefinitely. Magic?

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Where is the flaw in my logic? 

Don't deflect this time. Show me the flaw. 

I pointed it out to you earlier.

You rant about America being involved in overseas wars/nations.

Then rant when they leave an overseas nation/war.

Faux concern over women’s rights.

What’s next, a call for a U.S. invasion to protect women’s rights.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Other militaries left at the same time.

So why are the post departure problems the fault of the US and not also of those other nations?

Incidentally, your whole Afghanistan, Iraq, Vietnam I’ll inform led nonsense is the actual whataboutary here.

The subject of discussion is the fine leadership of President Biden, refer top of thread.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Did you note the comment  made by one right wing member who claimed that even though in the transcript Biden's words were clear in their meaning, when he spoke them they made no sense? And he had the temerity to accuse Biden of being confused.

Probably never watched the interview.

• Like 2

On 10/16/2023 at 12:09 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

Cometh the hour, cometh the man.

We’re the United States of America for God’s sake, the most powerful nation in the history — not in the world, in the history of the world,”

“We can take care of both of these and still maintain our overall international defense.”

Well said Mr President.

There were comments made in the same spirit by Israeli leaders, politicians, generals and commentator just two weeks ago.

Also, I'd love to know if higher ups in the Pentagon really feel the same.

Not underestimating USA might, just like the speak softly and carry a big stick approach more.

21 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

It's not confusing.

How could they do it without staying significantly more time (and call back U.S. soldiers who were sent back by Trump)? And likely not only stay, but also fight against the Taliban.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Morch said:

There were comments made in the same spirit by Israeli leaders, politicians, generals and commentator just two weeks ago.

Also, I'd love to know if higher ups in the Pentagon really feel the same.

Not underestimating USA might, just like the speak softly and carry a big stick approach more.

Biden’s audience is beyond the US and the participants in and around the two conflicts.

The message was clear, the US is nowhere near its limits of military capability.

I suspect Biden is taking very good advice from his cabinet and military leaders.

I hear he reads his briefs, which is a welcome return to attention to detail.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Biden’s audience is beyond the US and the participants in and around the two conflicts.

The message was clear, the US is nowhere near its limits of military capability.

I suspect Biden is taking very good advice from his cabinet and military leaders.

I hear he reads his briefs, which is a welcome return to attention to detail.

I think at least some of the comments from Israel were aimed at regional players. 

The message is one thing, whether it's perceived as credible is another.

Israel's strategic and tactical assessment of Hamas status and intentions was based on intelligence and analysis communicated to the government by cabinet minister, generals and intelligence chiefs.

Reading the briefs is one thing, what's in them is another.

• Thumbs Up 1