McDonald's picks sides in Gaza conflict ... oops

KhunLA

Bean counters weren't thinking to good with that one.

Islam ... 1.9B followers

Judaism ... 14.7M follower

"McDonald’s subsidiaries take sides in Israel-Gaza war

The fast-food chain’s Israeli franchise’s announcement of free meals for IDF soldiers drew boycott calls and protests

Fast food giant McDonald’s Israeli franchise’s announcement of free meals for Israeli security forces triggered counter-donations from many of the chain’s Arab subsidiaries to the Palestinian cause on Saturday, posts on X (formerly Twitter) revealed."

source

Religion #s source

Edited by KhunLA
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

No thought of Christians buying more McD's in support, more the thought of McD's in Muslim countries losing revenue.  

Reality for me, just gives me another reason not to support McD's.  As not a fan of Israel's politics, expansion & treatment of Palestinians.  

Brits really shat the bed with that one, back in 1947.   What could go wrong ?

Balfour could of offered a chunk of the UK for them, but I guess y'all didn't want them either ... ????

How about a chunk of Iraq or Syria or Egypt for the Palestinians? They are more than 100 times the size of Israel. Leave the Jews their small slice of paradise.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

How about a chunk of Iraq or Syria or Egypt for the Palestinians? They are more than 100 times the size of Israel. Leave the Jews their small slice of paradise.

Egypt won't even let them, or supplies cross their border.   Both Egypt & Israel have blockaded all essential supplies to Gaza, as they control the entire border of Gaza.

Some tidbits of info, for those that seem to not have a clue:

"Gaza, is a narrow piece of land on the eastern coast of the Mediterranean Sea, bordered by Israel to the east and north, and Egypt to the southwest. With a population of 2 million, on some 365 square kilometers,

Gaza, if considered a top-level political unit, ranks as the third most densely populated in the world. It is one of the two Palestinian territories, alongside the West Bank.

Since 2007, the area has been governed by the political and militant Islamist group Hamas, and has been under blockade by both Israel and Egypt. Conditions in Gaza have led human rights organizations to label it "an open-air prison".

The Gaza Strip initially emerged as an Egyptian-administrated territory after the 1948 Arab–Israeli War. Following the 1967 war the territory came under Israeli occupation. In the 1990s, as part of the Oslo Accords, the administration over most of the area was handed over to the Palestinian National Authority, alongside the existence of Israeli settlements in specific regions, which were evacuated in 2005.

In 2006, Hamas won the last-held Palestinian legislative election, and started administering Gaza, and took full control the following year, when Israel and Egypt imposed a land, sea and air blockade, preventing the free flow of people and goods. The blockade has devastated Gaza's economy, and caused a nearly 50% poverty rate and one of the highest unemployment rates in the world.

In 2018–2019, Gazan Palestinians organized widespread protests on the Israel–Gaza barrier, demanding Israel to end the blockade and address issues in the Palestinian-Israeli conflict.

Most people in the Gaza Strip are descendants of refugees who fled or were expelled from the area that became Israel after the 1948 Arab–Israeli War.

Around 600,000 Gazans live in Gaza's 8 refugee camps. Most Gazans are Sunni Muslims, and there is a Palestinian Christian minority. Gaza has an annual population growth rate of 2.91% (2014 est.), the 13th highest in the world, and is often referred to as overcrowded. Gaza suffers from shortages of water, electricity and medicines.

The United Nations, as well as at least 19 human rights organizations, have urged Israel to lift its siege on Gaza, while a report by UNCTAD, prepared for the UN General Assembly and released on 25 November 2020, said that Gaza's economy was on the verge of collapse and that it was essential to lift the blockade."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaza_Strip

Edited by KhunLA
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Morch said:

That's a fine show of cherry-picking, well done.

You've managed to not include anything semi-negative about Hamas. Guess the blockade is just there out of spite, then? Nothing to do with Hamas whatsoever?

The link is there to read as much as you like.  I didn't cherry pick, of leave out anything, I quoted.  Unless you wanted me to post the whole page.   I posted most of the beginning, unless you really need the very beginning.

Here's the start of the article, now you're caught up, though need to read the rest that followed, at the link.  Since not copyrighted, I don't think, (it's wiki), so get to post more than 3 paragraphs, I think.

Feel free to report it, if facts disturb you.

Here what you missed, happy now:

"The Gaza Strip (/ˈɡɑːzə/ ;[4] Arabic: قِطَاعُ غَزَّةَ Qiṭāʿ Ġazzah [qɪˈtˤɑːʕ ˈɣaz.za]), or simply"

The article is about 'Gaza', although 'hamas' is mentioned well over 100 times, so surely, a lot not complimentary.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Just a tad over the headline and 3 sentences that us mere mortals have to go by....

27. You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Only post a link, the headline and three sentences from the article. Content in the public domain is limited to the same restrictions.

Don't think wiki is copyrighted.

16 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Fast food giant McDonald’s Israeli franchise’s announcement of free meals for Israeli security forces triggered counter-donations from many of the chain’s Arab subsidiaries to the Palestinian cause on Saturday, posts on X (formerly Twitter) revealed."

Perhaps McD's branches in Saudi will be a bit short of customers now!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, KhunLA said:

No thought of Christians buying more McD's in support, more the thought of McD's in Muslim countries losing revenue.  

Reality for me, just gives me another reason not to support McD's.  As not a fan of Israel's politics, expansion & treatment of Palestinians.  

Brits really shat the bed with that one, back in 1947.   What could go wrong ?

Balfour could of offered a chunk of the UK for them, but I guess y'all didn't want them either ... ????

So you're a fan of Hamas terrorists then?

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

Again the usual BS from you. Having criticism of Israel does not equate supporting Hamas.

In the current context of the recent pogrom, it kind of does.

Withness the global protest marches chanting the genocidal River to the Sea, with some Gas the Jews thrown in for good measure.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I sit corrected, Wiki is copyrighted, with liberal license for the public to use, as they wish ....

Untitled.png

Your reading the wrong rules, I was referring to the rules on the site you are posting on and it clearly says "Content in the public domain is limited to the same restrictions."

Its there for a reason, to stop people copying and pasting large blocks of unnecessary text when a summary and link is enough. Otherwise we can all come along and spam the pages with 1000's of words of copy and paste articles.

• Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Get a clue to how Israel has mistreated, controlled, and killed Palestinians, by withholding the bare essentials from them.

One person's terrorist is another's freedom fighter.

Same with so called invaders claiming to be liberators.

So you think the UN and human rights groups are all wrong, and all the UN resolutions Israel has ignored are justified?  And they've done no wrong against the Palestinians?

As stated earlier, and provided a link, for those that don't have a clue.

Enlighten yourself, or keep following the MSM spin.  Wonder who is making the profits of that ... well, I don't, but you might want to think about it.  Or stay blissfully ignorant and join the crowd.   Go buy a BigMac.

UP2U

Try a search "UN Resolutions against Israel"

Actually, most of them ARE wrong. They are ignorant of history and generally (in the case of the UN) controlled by various illiberal and unfree nations.

Given the billions of dollars in aid given to Gaza over the years, their lack of infrastructure can only be placed on those who govern the area. In other words, Hamas. They spent the money on weapons and tunnels, not on water treatment plants and power generators.  

Freedom fighters generally do not murder senior citizens and then post their crimes on social media. Generally.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Your reading the wrong rules, I was referring to the rules on the site you are posting on and it clearly says "Content in the public domain is limited to the same restrictions."

Its there for a reason, to stop people copying and pasting large blocks of unnecessary text when a summary and link is enough. Otherwise we can all come along and spam the pages with 1000's of words of copy and paste articles.

I agree with you, and if AN members actually read links before posting, I could have simply stated my opinion, with a link to why I have that opinion.

But then I'd get even more uninformed replies, because nobody read the link to enlighten themselves.  Actually surprised the very few replies, concerning the topic, and maybe some folks actually did read the link, and are now enlightened to 'two side of every story'.   One can only hope, if so, then success.

How many times, all the time, does someone state a question or thought about an OP, when the answer was in the OP's link.  With a follow up reply 'did you read the link'

Did I bend or break the rules, don't know, don't care, and let the mod decide.  Simply expressed my thoughts & why.

Opinions welcome from others, though rarely intelligently thought out.  More about the messenger than the message.  Such as quoting rules or spell/grammar checking.  Why I rarely stop thread or engage in discussion with people who think MSM is the encyclopedia of facts.

Discuss or move on.  Even silly implications that I support Hamas and possibly terrorism is better than other irrelevant replies.

Such is forums.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Actually, most of them ARE wrong. They are ignorant of history and generally (in the case of the UN) controlled by various illiberal and unfree nations.

Given the billions of dollars in aid given to Gaza over the years, their lack of infrastructure can only be placed on those who govern the area. In other words, Hamas. They spent the money on weapons and tunnels, not on water treatment plants and power generators.  

Freedom fighters generally do not murder senior citizens and then post their crimes on social media. Generally.

I agree, and neither side continue actions helps their cause.  Sad the innocents are caught in the crossfire & politics, while simply trying to survive.

Edited by KhunLA

36 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

One would argue that to have peace and prosperity a nation of people would allow other nations of people to also have peace and prosperity... the arabs have never in the history of the middle east allowed this to happen... they have goaded and goaded the jewish nation of Israel at every opportunity... their fate is on them and their behavior.

That's one opinion, and hard to argue other wise.  Sadly this goes way back historically, and seems to be a never ending conflict centuries old.

But peace agreements a have been signed since, and broken in modern days, hence the conflict continues.  

The blame game & war is not the will of the people, I suspect, but the govts and profiteers of, with the people caught in the middle.

Edited by KhunLA

6 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I agree, and neither side continue actions helps their cause.  Sad the innocents are caught in the crossfire & politics, while simply trying to survive.

Well, a nation that is attacked is justified in eliminating the attacker.  And the people of Gaza are complicit in both the recent horror and previous attacks on Israel.  They hide Hamas rockets in their kitchens, look the other way when Hamas stores weapons in schools/hospitals, and ignore the tunnels Hamas digs to facilitate their terror. They have not demanded accountability for the money spent on their behalf.  So, sadly, the bill is now due. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Well, a nation that is attacked is justified in eliminating the attacker.  And the people of Gaza are complicit in both the recent horror and previous attacks on Israel.  They hide Hamas rockets in their kitchens, look the other way when Hamas stores weapons in schools/hospitals, and ignore the tunnels Hamas digs to facilitate their terror. They have not demanded accountability for the money spent on their behalf.  So, sadly, the bill is now due. 

Not all attacks on people are with weapons & rockets.   Withholding clean water, vaccines & medicine kills just as easily as a rocket or an AK.

Would think many, most don't support Hamas, but with guns to their heads, not a whole lot they can do.

They are as much prisoners by Hamas in Gaza, as they are because of Israel & Egypt controlling their livelihood, health & well being.

Many are decedents of people fleeing Jewish control & conflicts, only to be controlled once again by Israel and caught in the middle.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

Not all attacks on people are with weapons & rockets.   Withholding clean water, vaccines & medicine kills just as easily as a rocket or an AK.

Would think many, most don't support Hamas, but with guns to their heads, not a whole lot they can do.

They are as much prisoners by Hamas in Gaza, as they are because of Israel & Egypt controlling their livelihood, health & well being.

Many are decedents of people fleeing Jewish control & conflicts, only to be controlled once again by Israel and caught in the middle.

In some cases, sure. But Gaza VOTED for Hamas in, 2005 I think it was.  And have not thrown them out since. If most do not support Hamas, they could have done something about it long ago.  Hamas could have spent money on water treatment and medical facilities, but they chose not to. Hardly Israel's fault.

You also need to ask why there are descendants of refugees still there. Why were they not resettled in neighbouring countries in the region- countries that share their ethnicity, religion, etc?  As far as I know, this is standard practice for refugees everywhere else in the world. They go to host countries and eventually become assimlated into the host country population.  

3 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

In some cases, sure. But Gaza VOTED for Hamas in, 2005 I think it was.  And have not thrown them out since. If most do not support Hamas, they could have done something about it long ago.  Hamas could have spent money on water treatment and medical facilities, but they chose not to. Hardly Israel's fault.

You also need to ask why there are descendants of refugees still there. Why were they not resettled in neighbouring countries in the region- countries that share their ethnicity, religion, etc?  As far as I know, this is standard practice for refugees everywhere else in the world. They go to host countries and eventually become assimlated into the host country population.  

You can give Gaza & Hamas all the money you want, but if Israel won't allow supplies to cross the border, then useless.

Many would love to leave Gaza, but again, Israel & Egypt control the border and don't allow it.

They even stopped travel between Gaza & W. Bank, cutting off families and support from other Palestinians.