Whats sukhumvit like these days?

bignok

same 

same

same

same

All relative to last time you've visited. 

Unfortunately, I'm there (Ibis Soi 4) a few times a year.  Short stroll, thankfully, to BTS that actually avoids most of it.

image.png.d311cf20a93234482fd12e0324f43604.png

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

same 

same

same

same

All relative to last time you've visited. 

Unfortunately, I'm there (Ibis Soi 4) a few times a year.  Short stroll, thankfully, to BTS that actually avoids most of it.

image.png.d311cf20a93234482fd12e0324f43604.png

Nice women to see on the walk

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, bignok said:

Nice women to see on the walk

Only the one's passing through, non working gals.  As stated, miss most of it/bars.  The few cows I see are outside the 1 massage shop, on the short part before turning off Soi 4.  All the bars are further up the road.

Along with not going out at night time.

Almost like I'm not even at 'Nana Soi 4', thankfully.

Not my thing, even people watching, maybe 18 yrs ago, or not.  Though did enjoy happy hour a few times there.  Never did the P4P thingy.  As rarely travel without much better companionship.

Only on Soi 4 for 130 meters, thankfully:

image.png.02de24f54fbe02499d5dddd42c25fb1b.png

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

"What's Sukhumvit like these days?"

Yep, still spelled the same.

And still two lanes coming...and two lanes going (and temporally in some cases even three)... 

Are you Romanian...?

Edited just now by tkramer

Edited by tkramer
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

On the odd side 1 to Asoke it is mostly hookers, Ladyboys, black man and people who look dirty and probably stink. And those seem like the good people.  It is the lowest and dirtiest I can remember stay away.

Asoke to Thong Lor mostly Korea, Japan, Thai, and Chinese lots of decent Restaurants in and around the area.

25 minutes ago, whereyougo said:

I live between Nana and soi cowboy and it's jammed with people many pushing suitcases. Haters won't like to hear this but it's just fact 

Agreed... But you only have to worry about ones who are pushing suitcases that have dismembered body parts inside!  ????

• Haha 1

Lower sukhimvit is back to normal. All the vendors were booted out when the army took charge, but they're back selling knock-offs, sex toys, and a lot of overpriced weed. 

It's mainly an Arab enclave now, though, at least up to around soi 11. Even Foodland offers a greeting in Arabic when you enter. Most of the old shops selling luggage and cheap bags are gone, replaced by crummy open-air seafood places, pizza shops, and arab restaurants.

There are literally dozens of weed shops, though most don't seem to have many customers, which, given the prices, is no surprise.  On the plus side, Arabs don't drink alcohol for the most part. so in the bars on soi 7 I'm sure you'll receive a lot of attention.