Whats sukhumvit like these days?

bignok

6 hours ago, NextG said:

Said the sex tourist…

As a backpacker visiting, you were all as bad as each other. Clearly you thought/think that you were a cut above. There was Grace on the one side and Nana complex on the other. All full of filthy sex tourists. No need to discriminate amongst the lowlife. But sometimes we would head over to Sukhumvit for a change of diet late at night. Took Lae Dee was always open. Reminded me of a scene in Stars Wars. So rich that people here like to think there are somehow superior in not being Arab ☺️

How is it that these people condemning everyone else are always so familiar with the area - oh that's right they travelled all the way in from their Bt1,000 fan room in Bhang kae to eat at Took Lae Dee. ALWAYS they know the area but just go there for something else................

4 hours ago, mokwit said:

You want to be careful with your accusations. Where did I mention women, or is that a stereotype you project onto others with no evidence?

You of course are here for the temples, floating markets and handicrafts demonstrations and everyone else is a vile sexpat. This is where you have to come to be able to get a feeling of superiority? Couldn't manage that in your home country. Shame you can't go home.

Accusations? They are facts. They weren’t directed at you in particular, so why are you taking offence? But by your reply, it seems that you do fit the mould. 

No, I travelled to get away from a crazy ex and met loads of interesting people and experienced lots along the way. Didn’t go near any prostitution other than visiting a show in Patpong with female backpackers for the novelty. 
So no, I didn’t travel for the temples alone, but we did visit them with the prerequisite respect. Not making fools of ourselves walking around with very obvious women for rent. 
My Thai friends are respectable and respectful. 

4 hours ago, mokwit said:

How is it that these people condemning everyone else are always so familiar with the area - oh that's right they travelled all the way in from their Bt1,000 fan room in Bhang kae to eat at Took Lae Dee. ALWAYS they know the area but just go there for something else................

Condemning everyone else? You mean ‘everyone else’ is a sex tourist that hates Arabs? 
No, I’m referring to the filthy hypocrites. 

Of course I’m familiar with the area. That’s what backpackers do, explore. I went there with a Premier model whom I met on the flight. We stayed at the Mandarin Oriental(she paid) until I convinced her that we should move to where her peers would stay, around Wat Chana Songkhram in Banglampoo. So we moved there, but went to Sukhumvit to eat because KSR didn’t have the best food options late at night at that time. I think we even ate once at the Nana Hotel where she accidentally tipped the staff 1000 baht when she meant to tip them 100. 
So yes, I have a very good idea of what went on there. 

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, NextG said:

Condemning everyone else? You mean ‘everyone else’ is a sex tourist that hates Arabs? 
No, I’m referring to the filthy hypocrites. 

Of course I’m familiar with the area. That’s what backpackers do, explore. I went there with a Premier model whom I met on the flight. We stayed at the Mandarin Oriental(she paid) until I convinced her that we should move to where her peers would stay, around Wat Chana Songkhram in Banglampoo. So we moved there, but went to Sukhumvit to eat because KSR didn’t have the best food options late at night at that time. I think we even ate once at the Nana Hotel where she accidentally tipped the staff 1000 baht when she meant to tip them 100. 
So yes, I have a very good idea of what went on there. 

I'll let other AN members judge the credibility of this for themselves.

Last time I went there, it was just terrible. Everything that made the place special and lively was gone. Street bars, nope. African woes, nope. Pseudo-sophisticated Nana Plaza, check. Moronic bouncers, check. African dealers everywhere, check. Zero social warmth, check. I used to love Sukhumvit but now it sucks.

• Love It 2

3 hours ago, mokwit said:

I'll let other AN members judge the credibility of this for themselves.

That’s the thing with reality.
But it’s okay, perhaps I wouldn’t believe it with if someone told it to me. 
But I have pictures to prove it. No boasting, no exaggerating; just the plain truth. 

• Haha 1

On 10/18/2023 at 8:29 AM, JimTripper said:

When you see those blokes who like wine and air conditioning here, you know they won't last long here.

I love good wine and ac, still here and still love the joint. Thailand and the finer things in life aren't mutually exclusive. You may like sleeping under a net with empty stubbies under the cot, out the back of Isaan, a wife with kids from other men and not a clean t shirt in the joint, but it's not my thing.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Albaby said:

I love good wine and ac, still here and still love the joint. Thailand and the finer things in life aren't mutually exclusive. You may like sleeping under a net with empty stubbies under the cot, out the back of Isaan, a wife with kids from other men and not a clean t shirt in the joint, but it's not my thing.

how long have you lived in thailand and where?

1 hour ago, Albaby said:

Built the house in Chiang Mai 5 years ago.

that's where my neighbor was who liked the wine & a/c. went to portugal after that. last i heard he was back in the usa.

he had huge electric bills from the a/c. got mad when i hung out my laundry to dry (he saw the hanging clothes as low class). he hung out and ate at the same foreigner friendly eatery in town almost every day.

did not see him as a match for thailand. it was always kind of a struggle for him. his initials are m.p.

sorry to compare you to my neighbor.

Edited by JimTripper

On 10/27/2023 at 3:43 PM, JimTripper said:

that's where my neighbor was who liked the wine & a/c. went to portugal after that. last i heard he was back in the usa.

he had huge electric bills from the a/c. got mad when i hung out my laundry to dry (he saw the hanging clothes as low class). he hung out and ate at the same foreigner friendly eatery in town almost every day.

did not see him as a match for thailand. it was always kind of a struggle for him. his initials are m.p.

sorry to compare you to my neighbor.

No problem.