Stranded British man seeks help as wife takes passport and sails away

snoop1130

Any man who lets his woman control his passport is not a man!  My dad would beat the living hell out of me if I was ever to let a woman control my bank account or personal items like Driver's License or Passport!  Never!

No Sympathy for him.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

1 minute ago, Taboo2 said:

Any man who lets his woman control his passport is not a man!  My dad would beat the living hell out of me if I was ever to let a woman control my bank account or personal items like Driver's License or Passport!  Never!

No Sympathy for him.

Then he would get charged with assault

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

If he's got any sense, he'll let her go. Permanently. He's in the right country to find plenty of nicer female company. Maybe this should be seen as a good opportumity to ditch the b.i.t.c.h!

Maybe his wife stormed off because he had been overly keen in looking at what was available? Which makes him in the wrong, but what is the male version of b.i.t.c.h? A right b.a.s.t.a.r.d perhaps?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Taboo2 said:

No Sympathy for him.

It was probably in the hotel safe (which is not that safe anyway)

3 minutes ago, Taboo2 said:

No Sympathy for him.

He didn't let her control his passport. She stole it. There's a difference.

• Like 1

Just now, Bangkok Barry said:

Ah, if only you bothered to read the link.
As a response, the Phuket Tourist Police provided the British man with temporary accommodation and arranged for him to travel to Bangkok. They coordinated with Phuket Bus Terminal to secure a seat on a bus heading to the capital city, enabling him to reach the British Embassy and arrange his return journey.

Nice guys. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bignok said:
4 hours ago, Nickcage49 said:

That's just wrong.

The guy should go to Bangkok and get a new passport.

Not easy no money no id. 

Read the link!

As a response, the Phuket Tourist Police provided the British man with temporary accommodation and arranged for him to travel to Bangkok. They coordinated with Phuket Bus Terminal to secure a seat on a bus heading to the capital city, enabling him to reach the British Embassy and arrange his return journey.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, impulse said:

BTW, the reason I'm curious is that it paints the guy in a whole different light depending on whether he's a noob tourist or married to a local.

True, but does anyone really care?

Amazing you 'tragedies' like this gain so many posts.

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:
13 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The husband needs to make a complaint of theft to the police first and he hasn't done that.

How do you know he hasn’t done that? You spoke to him or the police?

Don't you think that as the police were directly involved in assisting him to get to Bangkok they would have also reported that a complaint had been made and his wife was being looked for with a view to prosecution for theft if a complaint had been filed?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, shackleton said:

Just says British tourist had a family fall out and wife run off with his passport ect 

So both on holiday had a tiff take it she had the flight tickets as well police can check if she has left the Country 

If she has his option is contact the British Embassy and get a emergency passport ect 

ETC please.....means Etcetera.

11 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Speaking from experience, as I'm not loaded, there are very many nice ladies. The only problem is that they almost always want total commitment (marriage).

Some Thai women in their 40's have professional jobs or viable businesses, speak English,  make an upper-middle-class living of TB80,000/month or more, and don't need or want your money. They also can't find an unmarried Thai man they want to be with. 

• Thumbs Up 1