Bangkok taxi driver accused of kicking out female passenger

webfact

image.jpeg

Police summoned a Thai taxi driver caught on a viral video kicking out a female passenger on a road in Bangkok for making a phone call in his cab.

The victim, Ploy, shared the video with local news site Red Skull as she got into a heated argument with the taxi driver on the street. In the video, Ploy and the taxi driver can be heard arguing.

Ploy: You will be on the news for sure!

Taxi driver: Sure, I like it!

Ploy: You have no manners at all.

Taxi driver: Because you never pay the fare!

Ploy: You chased me out of the car. Don’t touch me! Are you trying to hurt me?

Taxi driver: Stop being clever like a dog! I did not throw you out. You were always on the phone. You did not tell me which way to go!

Trick: I told you. I was talking to my mother.

The two argued for some time at the roadside. The driver wanted the passenger to pay the 59 baht fare, while the woman wanted the driver to take her to the police to see who was wrong.

A tuk tuk driver arrived at the scene and intervened in the dispute. The driver decided to pay the woman’s fare and volunteered to take her to her destination.

by Petch Petpailin

Photo via Twitter/ @RedSkullxxx.

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-10-20

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

"You did not tell me which way to go!"

I am surprised how often taxi drivers in Bangkok need directions from me.

I got a taxi from Don Muang and the guy seemed confused about where I wanted to go.

I asked him were he was from he said "Roi Et".

The taxi license said Somchai so I asked "Is your name Somchai?" he said "no, this is my friend's taxi".

So that explained that one I guess.

He got me where I was going so no problem.

Where I live is kinda off the beaten path so I have to give turn-by-turn directions.

I guess at taxi meter rates I can't expect all of them to afford a phone with GPS.

46 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

I guess at taxi meter rates I can't expect all of them to afford a phone with GPS.

Does Google Maps not come as standard on an Android phone.

I got an Oppo for Bht 3000 which had it installed

Edited by KannikaP
  • Thumbs Up 1

SIMP to the rescue.  

It sounds like the female was too busy on her phone and not clear with instructions where she wanted to go.  That would p*** me off too.  But never mind, in this day and age of virtue signaling and SIMPs, a guy is guaranteed to come along and 'save the day', despite if she is right or wrong. 

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, aussienam said:

SIMP to the rescue.  

It sounds like the female was too busy on her phone and not clear with instructions where she wanted to go.  That would p*** me off too.  But never mind, in this day and age of virtue signaling and SIMPs, a guy is guaranteed to come along and 'save the day', despite if she is right or wrong. 

... or WIMP out like you.

The tuktuk driver was being helpful, that's all. This isn't bogan-land where kindness is ridiculed by bogans.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1