New O visa

Just a quick question concerning this TM 30.

I have to go through all the <deleted> of applying for the NON-O visa again due to thai new year working away letting it lapse.  Anyway have all the paperwork money in bank etc , but the question is this TM 30, i have changed addresses from Pattaya to Bangkok, can you change the address on a new TM30 ( wife will do) in Chang Wattana when i go to get this new visa, or does it have to be done separately, don't ask about her doing online she hasn't a bloody clue...lol, and I cant as I am out of country will be back end of next week.

Cheers

1 hour ago, bangkokspurs said:

, i have changed addresses from Pattaya to Bangkok, can you change the address on a new TM30

So what type of accommodation did you move into in Bangkok.

If renting a condo etc the owner can/should do s TM30 for you and you can ask for screenshot of it being filed

• Haha 1

There is no need to do the TM30 ()indeed, it would be incorrect to do so) until you return to Thailand. Then, you should be able to accomplish it online. The new TM30 notification system seems simpler than the old one.

Otherwise, if you do not mind the fine for a late notification, you can do it the same day as the extension at Chaengwattana. Your wife can easily do it with the chanote/blue book, copy of your passport and copy of her id card.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, bangkokspurs said:

Cheers for the info i will be arriving back on a Saturday then immigration on the Monday so hopefully not a fine as places are closed not that much anyway

Monday 23rd is a national holiday. Not sure if Immigration will be open.

4 hours ago, mlkik said:

Monday 23rd is a national holiday. Not sure if Immigration will be open.

There will be no fine regardless of when you register for your TM30.

Make sure TM30 is filed prior to dealing with immigration for eg extension .

Edit: replied to wrong post.

Yes Mon 23 public holiday. Thinking immigration closed. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So folk that do it later are fined. 

Can you provide post of that. 

It varies by Immigration office. The letter of the law mandates a notification within 24 hours. Few offices will fine you if it is done within a week. If the official is aware that you did not do the TM30 notification for weeks after your arrival, a fine (typically 2,000 baht) will often be assessed.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BritTim said:

It varies by Immigration office. The letter of the law mandates a notification within 24 hours. Few offices will fine you if it is done within a week. If the official is aware that you did not do the TM30 notification for weeks after your arrival, a fine (typically 2,000 baht) will often be assessed.

Show ONE post where that has occured..

Some folk applying for 30 day extension were fined 800b without TM30 proof. The 24 hr was irrelevant.

As

21 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Some folk applying for 30 day extension were fined 800b without TM30 proof. The 24 hr was irrelevant.

As

Here is one example: https://aseannow.com/topic/1125664-tm30-fines/?do=findComment&comment=14615302

The second I retired and switched to Changwattana immigration, CW fined me 3,000 baht (no fine receipt) for not having a TM30 for myself and my family. I'm the condo owner. Even though I applied for TM30 online a week beforehand it didn't matter at CW. "Pay fine".

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BritTim said:

Here is one

I was referring to the "within 24 hours" 

Many folk make.sure they file a TM30 prior to dealing with immigration....

That random thread was 2019 when imm had the big clap down on TM30.

Short lived. 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

As

I've been fined 2000 several times when i've gone into local imm  office after several weeks to get a re-entry permit. It does not concern me tho coz i'm loaded.

I don't like doing re-entry permits at the airport.

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I was referring to the "within 24 hours" 

Many folk make.sure they file a TM30 prior to dealing with immigration....

That random thread was 2019 when imm had the big clap down on TM30.

Short lived. 

To adopt your style of always being right: you asked "Show ONE post where that has occured" and @BritTim did. You didn't ask "show me one post post 2019".

More to the point: different IOs have different approaches, as you remark all the time, and not everybody who gets a fine writes about it on this forum.

• Thumbs Up 1