Cycling tours Chiang Mai.

kwilco

7 hours ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

Mountain bike or road bikes?  Or, just a guided tour around the rice fields on granny bikes?

Well that's why I want to so to a place where e can see the bikes and talk to the owner/manger - I want to find something suitable for a wide range of ages and abilities but prob

ably more than a "granny tour"

6 hours ago, kwilco said:

Why are the renters murderous?

While nobody is premeditatedly murderous, many motorized road users end up being so, mostly due to poor driver training and attitude.

I regularly see groups cycling south along the busy road next to the river with pickups and trucks flying past, and wonder why they think the inhaled pollution and risk to life and limb is worth it.

7 hours ago, NotEinstein said:

While nobody is premeditatedly murderous, many motorized road users end up being so, mostly due to poor driver training and attitude.

I regularly see groups cycling south along the busy road next to the river with pickups and trucks flying past, and wonder why they think the inhaled pollution and risk to life and limb is worth it.

so you are saying we shouldn't do this holiday?

36 minutes ago, kwilco said:

so you are saying we shouldn't do this holiday?

While I wouldn't venture out on the roads here on a bicycle, there are many that do, but then, they live here, know the score and are aware accordingly.

Check out channel 32 or 34  - there are always examples of horrific Thai driving..........

3 hours ago, NotEinstein said:

While I wouldn't venture out on the roads here on a bicycle, there are many that do, but then, they live here, know the score and are aware accordingly.

Check out channel 32 or 34  - there are always examples of horrific Thai driving..........

you clearly have a very prejudiced view - racist even? - of Thai driving.

THe question is not about road safety, it is about visiting an establishment in Chiang Mai that does cycle tours.

THere are a few online but I need one with a REAL customer interface - I'm not prpared to take some web site's glossy promises as gospel.

What I was hoping for was someone who knew where. "Cycle tour office" was rather than some gossip about road safet or time limitis - can no-one actually answer the question?

I guess it's down to someone who lives in Chiang Mai or has been on a cycling tour there.

Others need not apply.

Edited by kwilco
  • Sad 1

I remember seeing a YouTube video of a guy named Joel who is an avid cyclist that did a tour with a company. I'll try to find it and post the name, but the one he went on was long. like 100km I believe but they also had a shorter version at 60km

I have never used a tour group in CNX but sometimes join local group gravel bike & mountain bike rides.

Gravel bike routes use both modified road bikes and mountain bike with many routes available that do not require man highway riding. Routes are available for all ages and skill levels. 

These routes are more scenic, relaxed and safer 😊.

The North has a very active biking community with some tours available through bicycle shops and tour groups. 

Enjoy

https://www.google.com/search?q=chiang+mai+gravel+bike+tours&rlz=1CDGOYI_enTH1032TH1032&oq=chiang+mai+gravel+bike+tours+&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOTIHCAEQABiiBDIHCAIQABiiBDIHCAMQABiiBDIHCAQQABiiBDIHCAUQABiiBNIBCTE1MDg0ajBqN6gCALACAA&hl=en-US&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

48 minutes ago, Hanuman2547 said:

Contact spiceroads.com as I believe they have an office in Chiang Mai.  They are based out of Bangkok but have done a lot of tours of all types in the Chiang Mai area.

Yes, that's the company I was thinking. Spice roads tours 

• 2 weeks later...