Thaksin’s stay at police hospital extended by Corrections Department

webfact

Perhaps instead of looking at Thaksin the anti corruption agency could check the assets of the corrections officer who keeps signing off on the extended bed rest. Being unusually rich is still an issue worth examining. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Nickcage49 said:

What a joke. We all know he's at home with his family.

who is "we"? Would that be The Royal we or you and your drinking buddies or...........have you assumed the role of public spokesperson for the masses?  And, how do you "know" that? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Isn't it nice to hear the howls of anguish when Thaksin takes the piss? I love it. Especially when preferential justice is available to the vast majority of the rich. I didn't note much out cry when the leopard murderer was let out early. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Wow, and they deduced that little gem after only seeing him in their establishment for what?.....6 hours? ...Brilliant.

Have you ever spent 6 hours being examined by a doctor? No, thought not. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

I think they need to release some details on the convict's medical condition(s).

Yes, I know they've invoked privacy concerns but the convict is a public figure, and the public needs to be assured that the "system" is not being bent in his favor.

I recall many times when Rama 9 was hospitalized when Doctors gave lengthy briefings on his condition. 

Even general statements like  "his health is improving/stable/getting worse".

Radio silence on this matter does no one any good, even the convict.

It is the patients right, not the judiciary or the public to determine whether he/she want their medical details released to the public. This doesn't change whether you are a public person, a celebrity or a Thaksin. If Thaksin says 'yes, Bamnutsak really is so important and knowledgeable that he needs to know my medical details,' then I'm sure they will be released  to you. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Portable patient monitor, commonly used by paramedics when transferring/transporting a patient.

Looks like a cardboard box with barcode to me! But, it is a poor resolution picture.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, FarangJon said:

No words for that. Bribed all important policemen and politicans and he can do what he wana do. Chinese gangster Thaksin. 

He wouldn't need to bribe anyone. He's seen as a VIP and is therefore automatically entitled to special treatment, no matter what. Thainess.

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, bamnutsak said:

Yeah, I'm not a lawyer nor am I familiar with Thai laws regarding a patient's privacy.

I will only note that the convict is incarcerated and in the care of the State. As a prisoner, these rights may not be 100% applicable.

All I'm asking for is that the convict, his family, his doctors, and the Minister of Justice get together and release some information. For example, is his condition improving? Stable? Deteriorating? More information will assure the public that the convict is not receiving special treatment.

The lack of transparency causes confusion and mistrust for the public.

You are not entitled to know the status of his medical condition, neither here nor of a convict in the UK nor in the EU or the US. Being a prisoner does not totally deprive you of you privacy rights. Medical information is restricted in statements to certain words like stable, critical and so on that have clear defined legal and medical meanings.

I do agree that more transparency would be ideal and would build confidence, but this is Thailand, most of us know with a a high degree of certainty what is going on. But this is real world, not fantasy land.

Here in Thailand and this is what the rich and powerful can do, and surprise, surprise they can do it in most places around the world (think Jefferey Archer in the UK, allowed out of jail every day in his Jag to attend work, parties and drive back to prison drunk, how many convicts enjoy that privilege in equal justice Britain? Think Jeffrey Epstein in his first pedophile and trafficking stint in jail....allowed out every day to work, what can't any old convict carry one working to earn his corn?). The offensive thing about Thailand's justice is that they laugh in your face while pretending to administer justice. It's flagrant and all part of what the powerful think of the masses here in Thailand. At least in the developed world they usually (after the slap on the wrist sentence is given) have the decency or shame to try to hide the privileges given to the rich and powerful. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Those the ones he has not been accused of nor charged with ?

ICC Lawers making a case 

Until Thailand  deconstruct this culture of impunity, Thailand's political development will remain trapped in the shadows of despair.
"Lawyers have suggested that Thaksin's drug war might amount to a crime against humanity under Article Seven of the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court [ICC], set up in 1992." Thaksin finds this funny "I've done nothing wrong!" he laughs. "I just give the policy."

Human rights commissioner Wasant Panich thinks otherwise. "Those who devised the policy are primarily responsible for the deaths,"

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

ICC Lawers making a case 

Until Thailand  deconstruct this culture of impunity, Thailand's political development will remain trapped in the shadows of despair.
"Lawyers have suggested that Thaksin's drug war might amount to a crime against humanity under Article Seven of the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court [ICC], set up in 1992." Thaksin finds this funny "I've done nothing wrong!" he laughs. "I just give the policy."

Human rights commissioner Wasant Panich thinks otherwise. "Those who devised the policy are primarily responsible for the deaths,"

That would called - Clutching at straws.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Deserted said:

I think you guys on this thread should ease up on him. He could have tennis elbow or an ingrowing toenail, maybe something even worse than that. Give the guy a break and let the doctors take care of him.

Mother of all jokes this year...