Pattaya’s road pin hazards: Night Business Association calls for action after tourist injuries

webfact

image.jpeg

A tourist suffered a broken nose after tripping over a road pin in the middle of Pattaya‘s streets, prompting the head of the Night Business Association in the city to appeal for a resolution to this persistent issue.

Footage of a foreign tourist tripping over a road pin while crossing the street and subsequently injuring his nose has sparked debate. The incident occurred on the streets near Jomtien Beach. The injured man was swiftly taken to a local hospital where it was confirmed that his nose was broken.

Liza Hamilton, the head of the Night Business Association in Pattaya, brought the video to the attention of Pattaya Press. She recounted an earlier morning incident, involving an English tourist who also tripped over a road pin and was injured.

by Samantha Rose

Photo courtesy of Sanook

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-10-24

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, webfact said:

Footage of a foreign tourist tripping over a road pin while crossing the street and subsequently injuring his nose has sparked debate.

...it's true! in pattaya, instead of keeping your eyes fixed on the girls, it pays to watch where you put your feet on these badly maintained pavements.

• Thumbs Up 1

I walk for 90 minutes every morning, I prefer walking on the road than navigating those dreaded pavers. I know from 22 years of marriage that Thais are total conformists. Seriously why not concrete all paving, it will get opened up for services etc but it's so much easier to replace.

Road Pins.

So that's what those things are called.

I'm not allowed out much after dark (parole stipulation), but when I do go out at night, I like to get a real good weed buzz on and sit in the front passenger seat of Benz and have my driver cruise around the streets.

Driving around with all the normal light hazzards and with these road pins blinking... it's just tippy and I get flash backs to my acid filled uni days.

Edited by ignore it

5 hours ago, Pique Dard said:

...it's true! in pattaya, instead of keeping your eyes fixed on the girls, it pays to watch where you put your feet on these badly maintained pavements.

Badly constructed, never maintained.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, NONG CHOK said:

I walk for 90 minutes every morning, I prefer walking on the road than navigating those dreaded pavers. I know from 22 years of marriage that Thais are total conformists. Seriously why not concrete all paving, it will get opened up for services etc but it's so much easier to replace.

That should read total non conformists.