Not Liking Thai People

JimTripper

24 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

Again did I ask for your "Sefl Help Guru" assistance in achieving compatibility with Thai people?  The answer would be no.

Yawn. In fact, I more than once carefully acknowledged you didn't, by using IF you wanted. And, as I noted, Besides, you implied puzzlement, or at least inconsistency, with your compatibility with other cultures but not Thai.  And brought up your big success in South Korea, as if this were somehow relevant. This leaves our anxious readers on tenterhooks; how could this possibly be? 🤣 Alas, it must remain forever a mystery.

24 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

But I do know this:  Each culture is different.  Asia is a big place with many different cultures.

Expressions of pride in one's achieving knowledge of the obvious are always welcome on our forum to fill up posts, thank you. Now, occasionally, since this is a Thai forum, the question arises as to how to deal successfully and happily with Thai culture in particular--as our hapless OP has failed to do. In the course of the thread, we've had posters offer some answers, though ignored, as usual, amid the self-satisfied complacency. 🙂 Are we done?

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Yawn. In fact, I more than once carefully acknowledged you didn't, by using IF you wanted. And, as I noted, Besides, you implied puzzlement, or at least inconsistency, with your compatibility with other cultures but not Thai.  And brought up your big success in South Korea, as if this were somehow relevant. This leaves our anxious readers on tenterhooks; how could this possibly be? 🤣 Alas, it must remain forever a mystery.

Expressions of pride in one's achieving knowledge of the obvious are always welcome on our forum to fill up posts, thank you. Now, occasionally, since this is a Thai forum, the question arises as to how to deal successfully and happily with Thai culture in particular--as our hapless OP has failed to do. In the course of the thread, we've had posters offer some answers, though ignored, as usual, amid the self-satisfied complacency. 🙂 Are we done?

1) Never said "big success".  Never had "big success" in my life. especially in the "Land of Smiles". Never said anything I said was relevant to anyone but myself. 

2. Most people are a mystery.  I never asked anyone to solve my mystery. Therefore it will never be solved. On this point you are correct. 

3. "self-satisfied complacency".  Never heard this before.  It must be my public university education that makes me inadequate compared to your great and vast knowledge of the human condition. 

4.  You should start a podcast on becoming compatible with the Thai People.  "I see big success". 

19 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

It must be my public university education that makes me inadequate compared to your great and vast knowledge of the human condition. 

Whatever. It does seem to have left you with reading comprehension inadequate for you to carry on this discussion rationally. Yet by your own admission you haven't been able to achieve compatibility with Thais (in Thailand, where you live, unless said Thais, a small minority, have traveled abroad); and, amusingly, seem proudly to have no interest in trying to do so or learning how you may do so. 🙂 Big success with South Koreans, though: I speak almost fluent Korean and never felt like this in Incheon, Seoul, Songdo, Suwon or Busan. Oh, and i have related and even connected with people from all walks of life in other countries.

Heh.

Obviously, we have different point of view. Wherever I am--and I've also traveled around, of course, lived and worked in Japan (not as a teacher)--I take it as a challenge to adapt to my environment and manipulate as best I can for my own convenience. It helps that I'm kind of a lifelong learner. 

Dangerous Discourses. The 'survival of the fittest' myth in… | by Kat Hill,  PhD | Rebel Writers Club | Medium

Well, all that needs saying has already been said. It's been fun, but I still don't see any prospect of hearing anything useful. Yet you'll continue to pettifog and bicker until one of our overburdened mods will need to step in. I'll bow out now, and you may declare victory with a last self-justifying post if you wish.🙂 

2 hours ago, BigStar said:

Whatever. It does seem to have left you with reading comprehension inadequate for you to carry on this discussion rationally. Yet by your own admission you haven't been able to achieve compatibility with Thais (in Thailand, where you live, unless said Thais, a small minority, have traveled abroad); and, amusingly, seem proudly to have no interest in trying to do so or learning how you may do so. 🙂 Big success with South Koreans, though: I speak almost fluent Korean and never felt like this in Incheon, Seoul, Songdo, Suwon or Busan. Oh, and i have related and even connected with people from all walks of life in other countries.

Heh.

Obviously, we have different point of view. Wherever I am--and I've also traveled around, of course, lived and worked in Japan (not as a teacher)--I take it as a challenge to adapt to my environment and manipulate as best I can for my own convenience. It helps that I'm kind of a lifelong learner. 

Dangerous Discourses. The 'survival of the fittest' myth in… | by Kat Hill,  PhD | Rebel Writers Club | Medium

Well, all that needs saying has already been said. It's been fun, but I still don't see any prospect of hearing anything useful. Yet you'll continue to pettifog and bicker until one of our overburdened mods will need to step in. I'll bow out now, and you may declare victory with a last self-justifying post if you wish.🙂 

Rational?  Ok.  If you are rational then I guess I am irrational. At least I am honest aand can admit I am not compatible with most Thai people. Also, Japan and S. Korea are different countries with different cultures. Of course a "world traveler" like you already knew this.  This is not a contest.  Just an exchange of thoughts from different perspectives.  No winners here.  

Edited by sqwakvfr
  • Like 1

On 10/27/2023 at 3:30 PM, SAFETY FIRST said:

The Goat new 🤔

He's Dan, the MD 👍

Its proven 😎

Could contain:

Mate I wish I was Dan.

All his experience with business, success and bar girls.

• Haha 2