What is self?

bignok

6 hours ago, theshu25 said:

The op is just a complete troll looking for bites and obviously not that bright at all.Just another village idiot .

You can't even put a sentence together. Obviously a poor education and high on angry pills.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, save the frogs said:

it's subjective anyway.

but he keeps bringing up his "gf with a uni degree" in multiple threads.

i bet you any money it's completely fabricated. 

No buddy I don't lie. You probably do though.

• Sad 2

11 hours ago, connda said:

1. An illusion.
2. Gone.  The quintessentially question is - what is your thought Right Now? Where did it come from?  Where did it go?  Who was The Thinker?  Is there a Thinker?  Or is there just That Which Experienced The Stream of Consciousness?  And Who Is That?  Is It A "Who?" 

I'm the listener.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, save the frogs said:

Sorry, you've had me fooled a few times because you can say some things which are intelligent at times.

But then it often degenerates. 

I'm not trying to insult you. I am genuinely concerned about you. If I were you, I would consider going back to your home country for a while and take a break from Thailand and maybe consult a mental health expert. 

Good luck and take care. 

You cannot reason with a tool, tools should stay in a shed........🤗

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, bignok said:

So much anger on here. No wonder Thais don't like you guys.

Your anger theory on here has nothing to do with members and Thai folk outside.

I can only assume Thai folk don't like you, which is probably understandable, as I reckon that on the whole, you are not liked here. 🤔

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, save the frogs said:

sorry, perhaps I was too judgmental.

if you can post quasi nonsense or whatever every day and still function in society, then go for it. 

to your credit, the thread actually generated some interesting responses.

He always does, more than most here! :thumbsup:

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, connda said:

Buddhism delves into the nature of non-self (annata). It's the essence of Buddhism.

Without direct experience of the nature of self and non-self, the best you'll obtain are analogies that may seems like complete tosh.  Well, there you have it.

With enough experience in meditation, if it's time, you'll catch a glimpse of the nature of annata.  Once you experience it, you can't um-experience it.  Then you'll understand.

Of course you can take the philosophical route - but it's a rabbit hole, and it leads nowhere.  You'll never understand by reading about it.  And there is plenty to read.  You'll come away confused as what you'll read from even Buddhist scholar will come across as contradictory. 

Self.  It's illusory.  Your better off inquiring about annata.  But that's just more words. 
Ultimately, if you want to know the nature of annata?  Dedicate your self (pun intended) to intense meditation practice.

My recommendation for where to start?  Right here. 
https://www.paaukforestmonastery.org/about-us

Best of luck.

Good post. Not all sad angry old men here.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, transam said:

Your anger theory on here has nothing to do with members and Thai folk outside.

I can only assume Thai folk don't like you, which is probably understandable, as I reckon that on the whole, you are not liked here. 🤔

I very well liked by Thais unlike yourself. I speak Thai and I am respectful. Nobody likes you because you are bitter at the world, have a poor education and you rarely get out much.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bignok said:

I very well liked by Thais unlike yourself. I speak Thai and I am respectful. Nobody likes you because you are bitter at the world, have a poor education and you rarely get out much.

You been spying on me, yeh, riiiight, more babbling from the forum babbler.........🤣

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, transam said:

You been spying on me, yeh, riiiight, more babbling from the forum babbler.........🤣

You write like a 4yo. It's really sad actually. A 70yo dude who can't even hold a conversation. No wonder you are all alone in Ubon.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, brianthainess said:

My last 5 thoughts;

Oh no not him again

Why does he post such rubbish

why so many sad emojis 

why so many confused emojis

Why does he have such bad comebacks

Have you worked out your gender yet?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, bignok said:

I

8 minutes ago, bignok said:

You write like a 4yo. It's really sad actually.

I very well liked by Thais 

12 minutes ago, bignok said:

have a poor education 

More blathering, is English your first language? 

7 minutes ago, bignok said:

You write like a 4yo. It's really sad actually. A 70yo dude who can't even hold a conversation. No wonder you are all alone in Ubon.

😂.........You can't write more than one line 99% of the time, so you've got some front, a degree holder too............😂

How many times do I have to tell you I am not 70yo, or alone in Ubon. Now I have made allowances for you, assuming, you are 15, but come on chap, you can do better if you try.........🤔

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2