Pita Shares TIME100 Next Honour With All Thais

webfact

image.jpeg

MOVE Forward advisory chairman Pita Limjaroenrat said in his speech at the third annual TIME100 Next gala dinner in New York City last night (this morning in Thailand) after being chosen one of this year’s emerging leaders shaping the future that he is sharing the honour with all Thais, Matichon newspaper said.

Pita started by mentioning that Time magazine probably named him on the prestigious TIME100 Next list because of the phenomenon that occurred in the May 14 general election with Thais across the country and around the world coming out in large numbers to vote thus clearly demonstrating a need for change.

In the end, even though the Move Forward Party was victorious it was not able to form a government in accordance to the will of the majority of the people.

“I am proud of the past election, I call it a phenomenon, it’s not just me, it is something that we have to accept and give back to the people who raised their voice and demanded change.

by TNR Staff

TOP picture: Move Forward leader Pita Limjaroenrat with other guests and honorees at the TIME100 Next gala dinner. Photo: Matichon

Full story: THAI NEWSROOM 2023-10-26

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 2

Pita is back!

image.jpeg

Pita Limjaroenrat, former Move Forward party leader, has appeared in New York to attend a gala dinner as “a leader defining the next generation of leadership” on the “TIME100 Next” list for 2023.

He had disappeared from the public eye for quite some time, after stepping down from the party leadership in September.

He posted series of photos of his time in New York on his Instagram account, which received hundreds of likes and comments. The photos show him riding the New York subway, walking along a New York street, sipping a drink at a roadside restaurant and standing in Times Square.

image.jpeg

His followers commented, “Pita, you’re so handsome. You melt my heart”, “Although you could not be the prime minister of the country, you’re always PM of my heart” and “Don’t give up politics, we will support you forever.”

image.jpeg

“If you decide to leave politics, you could be a model,” one fan wrote. It is reported that he hired a local Thai photographer to take the pictures.

Almost every media outlet in Thailand reported on his visit and the photos, with some carrying the headlines, “Pita is back” and “Pita returns to take back his fame”.

image.jpeg

A Thai woman, Sirikornpon Deejaingam posted photos of Pita visiting her restaurant, Soothr Thai Noodle Bar in East Village, on Facebook.

Full story: Thai PBS 2023-10-26

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

2 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Why does he ( Pita ) need or want so much publicity ?

Is he planning a " solo career " ?

I hope that he won't start singing ...

Publicity didn't hurt a certain foreign stand-up comedian become president did it Putin?

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The theft of the election from Pita was an abomination that will not be forgotten for many many years to come. It brought tremendous shame on Pheu Thai and Thaksin, it was a boil on the face of Thailand and we all know who was behind it. 

It made trump look like an aaamature. 

• Haha 2