Netanyahu rules out ceasefire with Hamas, saying ‘this is a time for war’

Social Media

image.png

Summary

1. Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has rejected calls for a ceasefire in Gaza, saying it would amount to a "surrender to Hamas"
  2. Speaking in Tel Aviv, Netanyahu cites the Bible as he says "this is a time for war"
  3. Meanwhile, UN aid agencies repeated their calls for a humanitarian ceasefire at an emergency UN Security Council meeting
  4. Unicef says the situation in Gaza is growing worse by the hour, and the “true cost of this latest escalation will be measured in children’s lives”
  5. Earlier, the Israeli military said it had rescued a soldier in Gaza - Private Ori Megidish - who was taken hostage by Hamas on 7 October
  6. Separately, Hamas has released a video of three hostages being held in Gaza. The BBC isn't showing the video as we do not publish material which may have been filmed under duress
  7. Israel's PM described it as "cruel psychological propaganda", while the father of one of the women in the video said his heart "nearly stopped beating" when he saw her
  8. Israel has been bombing Gaza since the 7 October Hamas attacks that killed 1,400 people and saw at least 239 people kidnapped as hostages
  9. The Hamas-run health ministry in Gaza says more than 8,000 people have been killed since Israel's retaliatory bombing began

FULL COVERAGE

BBC-LOGO.png

• Thumbs Up 2

26 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

What crimes has  he committed ?

18 minutes ago, 2baht said:

Who orders the mass bombing of Gaza, killing countless civilians, who, Nick? Who won't call a ceasefire so the killing of civilians can continue, Nick? How many dead on his watch, Nick?

Whether war related decisions by Netanyahu (he's not the sole person deciding this, Israel is not a dictatorship) amount to 'crimes' would be something probably decided in the aftermath. So far, most of what Israel is doing is not very different than how other nations deal with such situations.

He is, probably, guilty of various corruption related crimes - but that's not what the point was about, I guess.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, 2baht said:

Is it legal to kill kids, you know, innocent children, Nick?

It would be illegal to target innocent civilians , but it wouldn't be illegal if those innocent civilians get caught in the cross fire or in the vicinity of locations where the enemy are and they get bombed . so, to answer you question , Yes it is legal to kill kids in a war situation 

• Sad 3

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You dreamer you!

Anyone that thinks if they released the hostages israel would actually stop the bombing is IMO mistaken ( being polite ).

Apparently some members of the government have said they want to make Gaza uninhabitable. They don't say what they want to do with 2.3 million Gazans, but I have an idea of what that involves, though I can't say it on here.

"Apparently"

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, 2baht said:

Who orders the mass bombing of Gaza, killing countless civilians, who, Nick? Who won't call a ceasefire so the killing of civilians can continue, Nick? How many dead on his watch, Nick?

The guy that decides enough is enough. Hamas break the existing ceasefire every day. Over a thousand rockets falling on civilians.

Then the animals decide to 'invade' Israel and kill babies, children and women. Perhaps throw your 'criminal' insults at those animals. Hamas are the legal group in charge of Gaza. Voted in by the people of Gaza.

What is the point of yet another meaningless ceasefire when Hamas ignore it daily?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You dreamer you!

Anyone that thinks if they released the hostages israel would actually stop the bombing is IMO mistaken ( being polite ).

Apparently some members of the government have said they want to make Gaza uninhabitable. They don't say what they want to do with 2.3 million Gazans, but I have an idea of what that involves, though I can't say it on here.

Does anybody actually listen to your opinions? Of course there would be huge pressure to stop bombings and start negations if Hamas released the hostages. Its the very first step that needs to be taken right now.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Yes, apparently. I might look it up on google later, but certainly reported on Al Jazeera.

If I can't prove it with a link at the time I put an IMO or apparently.

In other words your IMO is really just promotion of unfounded rumours, got it

• Sad 1

Yes, apparently. I might look it up on google later, but certainly reported on Al Jazeera.

If I can't prove it with a link at the time I put an IMO or apparently.

What is not just an "apparently" is the stated aims of Hamas.   Let me repeat them for you from the hamas charter just so you are aware of the cause you are supporting.  

The original, 1988 version of the charter emphasize four main themes:

1. Destroying Israel and establishing an Islamic theocracy in Palestine is essential;
  2. Unrestrained jihad is necessary to achieve this;
  3. Negotiated resolutions of Jewish and Palestinian claims to the land are unacceptable;
  4. Historical anti-semitic tropes that reinforce the goals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamas_Charter#:~:text=The documents promote holy war,goal of completely eliminating Israel.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You dreamer you!

If Palestinians released all its hostages and all the people involved in the terror attack were handed over to Israel for justice through the legal system and the military wing of Hamas were dismantled, then Israel would have no need to keep up with its military  campaign in Gaza

3 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Ask Hamas. They also cut their heads off.

link?

It's apparently been disregarded as fake news for a long time now, and last time I looked it wasn't proven either way.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/10/12/middleeast/israel-hamas-beheading-claims-intl/index.html

The Israeli government has not confirmed the specific claim that Hamas attackers cut off the heads of babies during their shock attack on Saturday, an Israeli official told CNN, contradicting a previous public statement by the Prime Minister’s office.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

No I don't sound like Putin .

You just mentioned Putin name to make my true statement appear to be untrue 

I expect Hitler is feeling a bit neglected at the moment 

You are trying to justify the slaughter of innocent civilians, hence the Putin comparison. Try to educate yourself a bit on what's going on in Gaza, rather than believing everything Fox News wants you to.

• Thanks 2

link?

It's apparently been disregarded as fake news for a long time now, and last time I looked it wasn't proven either way.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/10/12/middleeast/israel-hamas-beheading-claims-intl/index.html

The Israeli government has not confirmed the specific claim that Hamas attackers cut off the heads of babies during their shock attack on Saturday, an Israeli official told CNN, contradicting a previous public statement by the Prime Minister’s office.

Your link doesn't deny that people got beheaded , Israel just stated that it wouldn't give any info on those beheaded, Israel wouldn't conform their age, sex or gender and wouldn't comment on those issues .

Beheadings did happen, Israel just refused to confirm who the victims were