Netanyahu rules out ceasefire with Hamas, saying ‘this is a time for war’

Social Media

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

and not apparently whatever Hamas does, israel does worse.

https://www.savethechildren.net/news/gaza-3195-children-killed-three-weeks-surpasses-annual-number-children-killed-conflict-zones

Since October 7, more than 3,257 children have been reported killed, including at least 3,195 in Gaza, 33 in the West Bank, and 29 in Israel,

Total Khrapp - those figures come from Hamas.

Same as their lies about Israel bombing a hospital.

I dont believe anything Hamas says, nor the silly people and media mongers that quote them.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, connda said:

Imagine you are a powerful person.  Then one day some idiot decides to break and entr your home and ends up killing and injuring some people.

As a powerful person you can bring the entire weight of the state down on the perpetrator of the crime.  So you order your agencies to find and kill the criminal.  In their zeal those tasked with finding and exterminating the perpetrator in extrajudicial style claim it's "a war on terror" and act accordingly by killing the perpetrator's immediate family, extended family, friends and acquaintances, business partners, as well as leveling the perpetrator's house and the rest of the neighborhoods surrounding the targeted home.  Then they target anyone who is the same ethnicity and religion as the perpetrator (as they are all suspected "terrorists" now) and begin to target them as well, as their ethnicity and religion must defacto associate them with the 'terrorist act' of the perpetrator.  In fact, to send a message you continue the slaughter as the "terrorists" must pay the price of 10, 20, 50, 100 eyes for an eye; 10, 20, 50, 100 teeth for a tooth.  In fact, you now claim you can end "terror" by eliminating everyone except for your own family and friends in the region.

This of course is called "an act of self-defense."

Oh, we're doing silly analogies? That's great.

So, three times this week the neighbors' (de facto a street dog) annoying dog decided it was a good idea to jump my dog while we were on a walk. I hope that after several kicks, scratches and a bite it will gain some insight as to what's on and what's not. We'll see tomorrow (too much rain today).

And here's another:

Rainy season and tall grass = snakes. There was a persistent one recently. Chased it away to neighbor's field, came back the next day. Tossed out again, kept coming back. Hoe applied, problem solved.

Now, I'm not entirely sure how both relate to the state of things, but not worse than your example, maybe.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Apparently there is nothing wrong with indicriminately firing thousands of rockets into Israel - because they are destroyed by Israel's Iron Dome defence system.  You need to do more research and ignore the pro-Palestine woke progressive narratives.  Hamas wants Israel destroyed and all Jews killed - their latest act of terrorism has forced Israel to take decisive action.  The Leader of Hamas has gone on TV to declare to all the people of Gaza that their deaths will be a victory for their fight to remove/kill Israel.

Israel has declared war on the Gaza Strip. The rules of war apply - not the lunacy of woke liberal progressives always looking for another 'oppressed minority group' to virtue signal about - that time is over. 

Hamas and other Palestinian militant groups have fired more than 4,500 rockets toward Israel since Saturday's deadly attack, according to Israel Defense Forces.

How Israel's Iron Dome intercepts rockets - CBS News

I never commented on the morality of firing rockets, merely correcting an erroneous post.

Next.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Umm, I think if a government declares a war it would be "legal", but there are certainly rules about how they are fought and bombing hospitals and schools etc are war crimes, as is intentionally targeting civilians.

A war is between 2 countries and Im pretty sure that the invaded country doesnt consider a war as legal. 

• Confused 2

12 minutes ago, Morch said:

Oh, we're doing silly analogies? That's great.

So, three times this week the neighbors' (de facto a street dog) annoying dog decided it was a good idea to jump my dog while we were on a walk. I hope that after several kicks, scratches and a bite it will gain some insight as to what's on and what's not. We'll see tomorrow (too much rain today).

And here's another:

Rainy season and tall grass = snakes. There was a persistent one recently. Chased it away to neighbor's field, came back the next day. Tossed out again, kept coming back. Hoe applied, problem solved.

Now, I'm not entirely sure how both relate to the state of things, but not worse than your example, maybe.

They are both relevent and appropriate.  Unless something is done about them, that dog and snake will continue to do what they do, and eventually someone is going to get seriously huirt or killed. Israel is going to kill all the dogs and snakes in Gaza that have for decades committed acts of terrorism - because their latest atrocity was so bad, that they had no choice but to respond forcefully. Israel will not stop until all dogs and snakes are killed - and their supporters/enablers.

IMO the ceasation of this step in the Israel military campaign will be the lock-down of Gaza and all of its people. Israel did that in the past, to stop the terrorists from making random acts of terror against Israel.  Israel left and Gaza become self-governing - under the PLO they were still commiting acts of terror but they were moving towards a peaceful outcome. But under Hamas (who removed PLO after Arafat died) those acts of terror have escalated and all attempts at peqace have failed. Failure to act by Isreal would mean more and more future acts of terrorism, perhaps even worse than the current atrocities. 

Hamas has demanded the release of all their terrorists currently in Israel jail, in return for the hostages they took during their latest act of terrorism. Israel will not agree - because Hamas will just continue to do what they have done since 2006. The time to end this is now, and this time Israel will not give up the Gaza Strip again. They intend to cleanse the Gaza of all vestiges of Hamas and destroy all military capability, initially through this war, and then through an ongoing military lock-down and a total trade blockade - Hamas did not mnake their weapons.  Hamas and the people of Gaza caused this - they are going to pay a huge price for what they have been doing for decades. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1