BYD Seal tips, tricks and help

macahoom

Here in Ayutthaya the downtown branch ( 4km ) only just opened and has no chargers. 
The other Ayutthaya showroom (18 km ), where I bought the car and charged today .

Bangchak pump ( 4 km ) is off peak free charging but there’s another Bangchak (20 km ) that is free 24 hrs.

One of our most regular trips is a 210 km ( each way ) trip due north to the mil’s and i have the choice of 3 showrooms + a few off peak Bangchaks.

Also a couple of showrooms that only offer the free stuff off peak.

Is it me or are the charging cables just the bare minimal length or are the painted parking bays just not very well planned ?

Today i reversed in ( near the back on a Seal ) and it was okay, only just, for length but the Dolphin, who pulled in the other bay, couldn’t reach and had to park half and half.

At my previous showroom charge I had to park 90° to the already charging car.

Can sort of understand at generic chargers but these were both BYD locations !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gweiloman said:

2 new chargers were recently added in CM, in BYD’s flagship showroom. This means a total of 8 chargers during off peak hours. Another 2 might potentially be coming online soon in another new BYD showroom on the 700 year road. That’s 3 BYD showrooms in CM alone and yet, some think that there’s no demand for EVs.

Two BYD Dealerships/showrooms within a 10 minute drive of my western Bangkok residence have had DC & AC charging stations installed and ready to go for around a year now but the chargers still can't be used because the dealerships are still waiting for MEA (i.e., the electric company for the Bangkok area) to provide power to the chargers.   

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pib said:

Two BYD Dealerships/showrooms within a 10 minute drive of my western Bangkok residence have had DC & AC charging stations installed and ready to go for around a year now but the chargers still can't be used because the dealerships are still waiting for MEA (i.e., the electric company for the Bangkok area) to provide power to the chargers.   

They will probably wait until the free charging period is finished now !

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

2 new chargers were recently added in CM, in BYD’s flagship showroom. This means a total of 8 chargers during off peak hours. Another 2 might potentially be coming online soon in another new BYD showroom on the 700 year road. That’s 3 BYD showrooms in CM alone and yet, some think that there’s no demand for EVs.

It’s easy to get addicted to the free charging, especially when you can see the real savings.

Sorry, new to this thread but is it only BYD who offers free charging ? MG and GWM no ?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, khunphil said:

Sorry, new to this thread but is it only BYD who offers free charging ? MG and GWM no ?

byd offered free charging for a reason: the company recently cut prices significantly on some models, and customers who had purchased their cars at higher prices were unhappy and complained. in response, byd provided free charging for a limited time as a form of compensation ...

Yeah...usually a queue at most of the ReverSharger Red Pin chargers....OR there is no red pin chargers in your typical drive area...OR some of the red pin chargers which use to be operational have went in-operational and been in-operational for weeks.  

Being able to get some free electrons under the ongoing BYD charging promotion is a "throw if the dice" unless you want to set in a queue for what could be a lengthy time assuming you have access to a red pin charger. 

But hey,  the BYD promotion is better than a kick in the pants.  I've had 11 free charging sessions from early Aug thru 3 Sep with 10 of 11 sessions occurring  by 24 Aug as finding an operational red pin charger or one without one or more vehicles in the queue  has become very difficult over the last 10 days or so based on where I drive/live here in the western Bangkok greater metro area.  I don't do queues of more than 10-15 minutes...unless the charger is immediately (or almost) available when I happen to drive by it I will not use it....instead, I just fill-up with electrons from my home wall charger.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/5/2024 at 9:17 AM, Bandersnatch said:

I will post any quotes I get, but as my wife is under 30 I have to pay quite a premium to have her as a named driver 😳

How does this look?

Not many details - but it's an interesting comp

What is surprising is that the performance owners really get the short end of the stick...... 1,2 MTHB vs 0.9 and 1.1 MTHB residual sucks!

Seal__28704775.jpg

Edited by mistral53
  • Thanks 2

On 9/6/2024 at 11:35 AM, Pib said:

Yeah...usually a queue at most of the ReverSharger Red Pin chargers....OR there is no red pin chargers in your typical drive area...OR some of the red pin chargers which use to be operational have went in-operational and been in-operational for weeks.  

Being able to get some free electrons under the ongoing BYD charging promotion is a "throw if the dice" unless you want to set in a queue for what could be a lengthy time assuming you have access to a red pin charger. 

But hey,  the BYD promotion is better than a kick in the pants.  I've had 11 free charging sessions from early Aug thru 3 Sep with 10 of 11 sessions occurring  by 24 Aug as finding an operational red pin charger or one without one or more vehicles in the queue  has become very difficult over the last 10 days or so based on where I drive/live here in the western Bangkok greater metro area.  I don't do queues of more than 10-15 minutes...unless the charger is immediately (or almost) available when I happen to drive by it I will not use it....instead, I just fill-up with electrons from my home wall charger.

Have been monitoring the movement at the free chargers nearest to me, clicking on the red dots on the app several times during the day to see which has most availability. ( okay not so scientific but has given me a reasonable grasp on the situation ).

Of the two nearest options with 24 hours free charging:

The BYD locations seem to be the busiest while the Bangchak pump is available frequently.

Checking out the Bangchak pump on Google Maps I get a popular time bar chart for every hour for the week. From 9am to noon being the busiest time of the day and even more so on Sat/Sun.

Of course his info may be based on the activity at the actual pumps ( states: based on historical visits ) but i will give it a try.

Mentally booking a visit to this pump when my % gets to 40 or less, hopefully around 3pm on Thursday or Friday.

Already noticed some interesting temples nearby to appease the little lady.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1