Thai man deceived by online lover loses 3.5 million baht in elaborate scam

webfact

Thaiger story read like normal Sick Buffalo money requests.  Surgery, Money for School, etc.

No disrespect but if I am paying any concerning amount I am going to require proof.  Even ask for receipt photo.

3.5 million is a lot of money to many Thai people.  Hopefully he finds trusted friends or resources to use to help guide and avoid these types of situations in the future 

• Like 2

Anyone who follows Sanook/Thaiger chat GPT generated click bait needs their head examined.  Social media gossip frequently gets twisted and expanded with financial amounts blown out by a wayward decimal point.

Even if half true, the idiot deserved to be ripped off.  Gutter news IMO.

• Confused 1

When I read stories like that, I always wonder why these people (still) have so much money.

I would imagine a mentally challenged person like that won't be able to have a well-paid job.

And if he had money for whatever reason, maybe though inheritance, then there are enough opportunities in the real world to spend it all unwisely. 

• Like 1

The comments in this thread are completely different to those in the other thread now about the woman whose husband had 300,000 debt which she is now legally partly responsible for.

Relatively very little compared to 3.5 million, right? She could probably use her dowry to pay her half.

But this guy being cheated out of 3.5 million is a joke to you people. I wonder why? Hmm 😒 

Are they bee keepers by trade?

22 hours ago, webfact said:

She claimed that their stars were not aligned and that if they met, her parents would die.

Yes, this is a common problem many of us have had to deal with, what to do, what to do. Want to bang but parents will die if we do, it's a pickle to be sure.

Edited by fondue zoo
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 2baht said:

Because a fool and his money are soon parted! Should we cry??? 😏

Well, there's a lot of crying going on in the other thread right now for the woman who acquired 300,000 debt during marriage with her husband and doesn't want to pay it.

Just now, FruitPudding said:

Well, there's a lot of crying going on in the other thread right now for the woman who acquired 300,000 debt during marriage with her husband and doesn't want to pay it.

Do both these stories not tell you a lot about Thai males!

• Sad 1

It seems the guy, and some readers here, never heard about: If it sounds too good to be true, then probably it is not true.

Let's say I would get a message from Lisa because she saw my facebook page and she would love to see me.

Apart from the fact that I don't use fb I would wonder why a beautiful talented girl would be interested in me. She wouldn't. Case closed.

If anybody continues from there in the hope that he's the man, then he has obviously a psychological problem and needs help.

• Haha 1